Chapter 10

Hae's The One!

~~fast forward to Wednesday morning~~

Ah, it's finally wednesday! The day before, I made extra preparations

. A permission letter to leave work an hour earlier,ironing the best clothes i've got, and I even caught myself practicing my expressions in front of the mirror....croo.

Aish, Lee Donghae. The things I do for you.

"And this is you at your service! Annyeonghasaeyo!"

I ended my news report with a smile plastered on my face not because I had to, but because I was so excited to see Hae already.

I finished some of my paperwork as fast as I could, and said goodbye to my workmates. I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror. No boogers, check. No stuff in my teeth, check. No button ed, check. Check here, check there, Guess I'm ready to go! Fishy, I'll be seeing you in a short while! The next minute, I was already only a few minutes away from the coffee shop we agreed to meet at. Boy, how could it get more obvious that I was dying to see him again?

I entered the shop, expecting that he might be there already but....he wasn't. Meh, when was he ever early? How could i forget? Haha! I found the best spot for us to sit in. And ordered some drinks and snacks for us to eat. So many things occupied my mind. I haven't paid my electric bills yet. I had work the next day. I had a report due on Thursday. Waaah. But all those I immediately erased as I regained consciousness. I cleared my mind, 'cause I was about to see the man I love. I'm sure my sacrifices are worth it. I checked the time, and it's been an hour and a half since I've been there. Meh, he must've been stuck in traffic. I stared at different people, stuff, whatever. Still not showing up. As I was about to fall asleep, my phone rang. Oh thank God. It was Donghae. 

"Ya! Fish! Where are you? I've been waiting for 2 and a half hours already? Were you stuck in traffic? Gwaenchana?" "Um...Nae. I'm okay. How about you? Gwaenchana?"

"Of course I am. What time are you even arriving? I ordered us some drinks and snacks, but they've gotten cold...Mianhae, keke."

"Oh..Is that so...? Um...about that, I'm afraid I won't be able to come today...I'm really really sorry. It's just that it's just this morning that I heard that we have a scheduled guesting today...I'm really sorry."

Aish, this fish. He thinks he can fool me again.

"Ya, you pabo. I won't believe your jokes this time. Hurry up and go here!"

"Um...I'm really sorry. This time it's true..I didn't know, shinja. I promise, next time, I'll really make it up to you. Oh, your sprain? Does it still hurt?" I was left speechless.

"You still there?"

"Nae. Listen, I have to go now. My mom called me, and we have to meet up."

"Ah, i see. Next time, okay? I'm really really sorry."

I kept my phone as I almost slided from my chair. Okay, maybe I lied. My mom didn't call, and we didn't really have to meet up. But I just couldn't control my feelings. I just expected things to go the way I thought things would be. All those preparations and sacrifices...wasted.