Waking Up

You're Beautiful

MIR POV

I woke up wrapped in blankets and with a slightly damp cloth on my forehead. Blinking, I realized I was back in the MBLAQ dorm, on Thunder oppa's bed.

I rolled over to go back to sleep but then jerked awake as the fleeting memories of my night with Rain played through my mind. I patted myself down. Someone... someone had cleaned me? SOMEONE SAW ME ? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe not... But my underwear was changed, too... Maybe I did it myself and just didn't remember? I furrowed my brow in concentration but I still couldn't recall what had happened.

I hid under the blankets when I heard footsteps drawing closer.

"Mir?" Joon hyung?? I threw the blankets off but immediately winced at the shock of pain that immediately followed.

"Hi hyung!" He was carrying a tray with some food on it.

He broke into a smile. " How are you, Mireu? Are you hungry?"

"YES!!! Oh, I am STARVING!"

"SHHHH!" Joonie hyung admonished. I froze in mid cheer, tilting my head to the side in question. "Thunder's asleep in your bed. He stayed up all yesterday and last night taking care of you"

"Oh...."  I looked up toward my bed, wondering why Thunder would take care of me so much... "Thanks, Joonie hyung!" I half whispered, holding out my hands for the tray.

"No no no! I'm going to feed you!" he sat down next to me and held up a spoonful of rice to my lips. I blushed and averted my gaze, slowly accepting the food. 

"Ah, so cute!" Joonie hyung ruffled my hair, causing me to pout and push his hand away.

"Aish, no I'm not, hyung! I'm--" wait, I can't say y, beautiful, or feminine or pretty... Think, Mir, think!! "I'm... a... man!"

Joonie hyung laughed and gently removed his hands from my grip. "Men can be cute... and unbelievably attractive..." he murmered.

"Talking about yourself, Joonie hyung?" I said in spite of myself.

"What?" he looked up at my eyes.

"What?" I repeated, alarmed at how carelessly I had spoken. I jerked my hand up to my hair awkwardly.

He suddenly frowned. "Mir, what happened to your hand?"

The cut. "I... fell..." I slipped my hand under the blankets. "Don't stop feeding me, hyung!" I tried to get his attention away from my injuries.

THUNDER POV

I was so tired that I could've fallen asleep standing, but once I actually left Mir and went to her bed, I couldn't fall asleep! Everything in my mind was centered around Mir. I played the questions over and over in my head, to no avail.

Where had she gone? Why had she called Joon hyung? Why not me? Who did this to her? Why did she let him or her? Was it her master? Was that even legal? How had she become a slave? What twisted person would make someone else his/her slave? What about Mir's family? Was Mir going to stay in MBLAQ forever? Was she okay now? Would she heal? Would her scars go away? Does she need something? What if she doesn't wake up? Wh--

Footsteps interruped my thoughts. I snapped my eyes shut.

"Mir?" it was Joon hyung. I clenched my fists unconsciously. She better not wake up. wanted to be next to her when she woke up...

"Hi hyung!" Darn it. She woke up. WAIT SHE WOKE UP! PHEW! I rolled softly to th outer part of my bed.

"How are you, Mireu? ARe you hungry?" HOW DARE HE CALL MY MIREU THAT? 

"YES!!! Oh, I am STARVING!" I smiled at Mir's cute response but frowned as Joon hyung took over the conversation:

"SHHHH! Thunder's asleep in your bed. He stayed up all yesterday and last night taking care of you" Hmph, at least he gave me credit.

"Oh.... Thanks, Joonie hyung!" JOONIE HYUNG? Why was Mireu thanking JOONIE HYUNG?

"No no no! I'm going to feed you!" I was dying inside. That was supposed to be MY role!

"Ah, so cute!" Well yes, Joon hyung, my Mireu is very cute and y.

"Aish, no I'm not, hyung! I'm-- I'm... a... man!" I almost burst into a laugh.

"Men can be cute... and unbelievably attractive..." I had to strain my ears to hear him. That's it. I'm waking up, I'm chasing Joon hyung out of the room and taking care of her myself! I ordered my legs to move but they were dead. Come on, legs, fold the knees... push up...

"Talking about yourself, Joonie hyung?" I froze. My mind was blank. Mir thought.... Mir thought Joon hyung was... cute? and... attractive? No. I can't lose Mir, even if we were only pretend. I squeezed my eyes shut and in the tears that were threatening to fall. I breathed in, and out, and in, and out, organizing my thoughts and piecing myself back together.

I snuck my phone out and called Joon hyung. His phone rang somewhere out of my room and he left. Good riddance! I hung up and fell out of bed as soon as he shut the door.

I won't let Mir go without a fight.