Mom and troubles

One-Sided Love

The next morning, you woke up with a slight headache that still remained from your fever. It was already ten, you slept in since it was Saturday and there was no classes. Since you weren’t tired anymore, you went downstairs to see if your parents left you some food.

When you got in the dining room, you saw your mother reading the news paper with her big and weird glasses on. She quickly noticed you when you arrived even if you didn’t make any noise.

“Naeun! You’re finally awake” she said warmly.

You nodded, and looked around. Knowing what you were looking for your mother got up and went to the kitchen, coming back with a bowl of rice with few side dishes.

While you were eating, you noticed your mother staring at you attentively. You thought it was weird, so you confusedly ask her what was happening.

“Is there something wrong?” you tilted your head a little. Your mother carefully approached, and started to whisper.

“Who was the boy yesterday night?”

You still looked at her confused, you didn’t know what she was talking about nor why she was whispering.

“Eomma, why are you whispering for? There’s only me and you in the house…”

Your mother rolled her eyes and repeated what she said earlier, but in a normal voice tone.

“What boy?” you ask, trying to remember.

“There was a boy, about…. This tall” she tried to show his height with the help of the chair “And he had medium red-ish hair” she tried to recall. “His name was…”

“Jinyoung?”

“Ah, yeah! That’s it, Jung Jinyoung!” she confidently said.

“So what about him?”

“Is he your boyfriend?” she asked straightforwardly.

You looked at her with big round eyes like sausage and your mouth dropping for minutes. Your mother had to wave her hand in front of your face and call you several times to wake you up.

“Naeun!” she called louder.

“Ah, ye, so what were you saying, eomma?” you asked, all lost.

“Is. Jinyoung. Your. Boyfriend.” your mother repeated slowly. You immediately shook your head.

“No way!” you quickly denied. “He’s not my type, nu-uh, definitely not”

Your mother rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Are you still going after that Yo-whatever guy?”

“Yoseob, umma, Yang Yoseob!” you corrected her.

“I don’t like him, I prefer Jinyoung” she stubbornly said.

You were surprised, she’s usually not learn names that quickly. You were wondering what Jinyoung did to your parents? Thinking of it, you remembered about last night. *How did I get home, in my room?* you asked yourself. *I’m getting so confused and lost now*, you thought.

“Did Jinyoung bring me back home?” you asked your mother who was back to her reading, since she thought you were boring to watch as you were in your little world for a while.

“Yeah, up to your room. He’s such a gentleman” she nodded approvingly “And quite handsome too” she added, but in whisper hoping you didn’t hear, but obviously you did. “Neh, Naeun, when am I going to see him again?” she asked excitedly.

“Don’t worry umma. You’re going to see him a lot soon. We have to do a school project together” you rolled your eyes and went upstairs to your room.

Once you arrived to your room, you decided to call him. *He’s already awake, isn’t he?* you asked your cell phone although you knew it wouldn’t reply.

You composed his number and waited for the rings. When you heard the first ring, your heart started to beat incredibly fast. You started to get nervous and sweat.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” a husky voice on the other called picked up.

You immediately recognized his voice, but felt bad to wake him up. You started to blame yourself and that you should’ve thought twice before calling.

“Annyeong, it’s Naeun. I’m sorry to have disturbed your sle—”

“Not at all” his voice suddenly changed to a more lively one. His tiredness seemed to have gone away magically. “Good morning~” he sang, you smiled at his playfulness. “So, why are you calling for?”

“Ah, right. Thank you for yesterday”

“It was nothing”

The awkward silence you two always had was back. While Jinyoung was smiling like a fool on the other line, you were thinking of what you could say more. He was really happy as it was the first call between you two and you were the one to call first. And not to forget, you were the one to wake him up.

As you were about to say something, you mother opened the door of your room. She noticed you were on the phone and started to tease you.

“Is that your namja chingu?” she asked, loudly enough for Jinyoung to hear.

Hearing that, instead of enjoying the moment, he frowned. Did you have a boyfriend that he didn’t know about?

“Eomma!”

“Put in on speaker! Put is on speaker!” she started to squeal like a teenage girl. You rolled your eyes and apologized.

“I-I’m really sorry. My mother can be weird som— ouch!” you winced in pain by your mother’s hit on your head.

“Yeobeosaeyo? Jinyoung-ah?” your mother took the opportunity to steal your phone while you were rubbing your head.

“N-neh?” he was surprised by the sudden change.

“You’re always welcome to our house and please take care of our Naeun, sh—” you cut her off by snatching the phone away.

“Mianhae, we’ll talk at school, okay? Annyeong!”

“Hm, annyeong”

Like that you ended the call. You glared at your mother who was brightly smiling and blinking, showing her aegyo.

On the other side, Jinyoung laughed at the cuteness both you and your mother showed through the phone call. But one thing caught his attention. How did your mother knew that it was him on the other line although she asked if it was her boyfriend? Was it him that she referred as your namja chingu? An idea flashed in his mind, *Does it mean that I left a good impression on her last night?*

Forgetting his tiredness, he started to think about outings that both of your could enjoy and ways he could use to trick you to go on a date with him. Don’t girls like mischievous boys?

----------

Author speaking
Sorry for the lack of updates ;A;   // studying for finals is taking up all my time.. I think this will the last chapter until a while. My exams are ending next week (and starting the day after tomorrow), so hopefully, I'll find some time then to update daily ~ :D