Another sick patient

One-Sided Love

As you were comfortable in his arms, little did you know that you drifted to sleep. Jinyoung noticed that you weren’t moving anymore and took a glance at you. He smiled looking at your sleeping face and rested his chin on your head. *I wish the rain wouldn’t stop* he thought as he closes his eyes as well.

After an hour or so, it stopped raining, but the dark clouds were still there. Seeing that it had stopped, Jinyoung lightly nudged you to wake up. You snuggled in his chest, not wanting to open your eyes until you heard his chuckle. You quickly shot back up and looked at him with big round eyes.

“I-I’m really sorry!” you awkwardly apologized.

“It’s okay” he smiled “Let’s go home, it stopped raining” he said as he got up.

As you were facing his back, you lightly slapped your cheeks, calling yourself ‘pabo’. Once you were done with your small self-scolding, you quickly ran to Jinyoung’s side and walk at his pace.

“You were snoring really loudly” he teased you.

“Eeeh? Jinja?” you felt even more embarrassed than earlier.

“Nah, just kidding” he laughed then patted your head.

“That’s not funny” you hit his arm as you pouted.

On the way, he kept teasing you here and there. Although it wasn’t a long walk, you spend a great time with him. Once you reached home, you were disappointed that you had to leave him already.

“Well then, we’ll see each other on Monday?” he asked and you nodded. He wanted to turn around but you stopped him.

“Wait, I’ll get you an umbrella”

“It’s okay, I live close by anyway” he said as he stopped you from getting it.

You two stood in front of the again for a while, without saying anything, until Jinyoung approached near you.

“Naeun…” he called you named as he took a step closer while you backed away because of the closeness.

Suddenly, he fell on you. You let out a gasp while catching him so he wouldn’t fall. You felt his forehead and it was burning crazily. *He was drenched earlier, no wonder he’s sick…* His weight was a little too much for your small body to handle so you were shaking a lot. You struggling as you stretched your arm to reach the doorbell.

After a while, you saw your mother opening the door. As she saw figures in front of the gates, she ran there.

“What’s happening?” she asked, trying to take a look at the other person’s face.

“Help me~ He’s really heavy!” you plead for her help.

She went on the other side and put his arm over her shoulder. She then realized that it was Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung? Why is he all wet?” she asked confused.

“I’ll explain later” you replied “Let’s just get him in”


Once you two got inside, you laid him on of sofa, since it was the closest furniture near the entrance. Thankfully, your father came back home just a little later. Being the only man in the family, he had to change the boy’s clothing and carry him upstairs in the guess’s room. While he was at it, your mother bombarded you of questions. You briefly explained the situation to her, but you weren’t expecting her reaction.

“Omo, isn’t this like in movies?” you looked at her confused “Pali, pali. Naeun, go take care of him!”

“Eomma,” you said “Appa is changing his clothes…”

“Ooh… right.” she awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck.

You two waited until your father came back downstairs.

“My work’s done now” he sighed relieved.

“So, how is he?” you asked him. As he studied in medicine for two years, he knew the basics.

“He has a fever, but he’ll be okay” he replied casually. “How long did you stay under the rain?” he asked concerned about you.

“Molla, the whole time it was raining” you shrugged. Your father gasped and started to touch your forehead, then back to his, then back to yours. You giggled at his overly protective side on you. “I’m fine” you assured him. He softened a little, but his frown was still there. However, his eyes were getting playful, just like your mother’s.

“Go to your Jinyoung’s side and change the towel, it’s probably warm by now” he shooed you away. As you got up, the two elders of the family high-fived. You eyed them suspiciously and walked away. But before going up, you looked back at them.

“By the way, we are not dating” you clarified yourself and continued your way upstairs.

When you were finally gone, you mother poked your father’s arm until he gave her his attention.

“Yah, since when –” your mother started, but was cut off by her husband.

“It’s a men thing. You wouldn’t understand.” he shrugged it and walked to the kitchen “So what’s for supper?”

While he casually changed the subject, he smiled to himself, remembering the short moment earlier when he was with Jinyoung.

 

-Flashback-

“Aish, why are you so heavy” your father cursed when he was carrying the boy upstairs to the guess room.

Once he laid him on the bed, he noticed a piece of paper sticking out of his wet pants. Seeing that Jinyoung was sleeping soundly, he took a peek at it. When he unfolded it, the title caught his attention. *The one and only Im Naeun* He read the contents and smiled to himself because of all the cheesiness. It reminded him of his own past with your mother, when he, himself, wrote all her unique qualities on a piece of paper when they weren’t together yet.

“Hm.. Naeun…” Jinyoung’s sleep talking startled him. He looked on the side and was reassured that he wasn’t awake.

“Yah, kiddo,” he then paused “If you want my daughter, you better take good care of her” he warned the sleeping boy. Unconsciously, Jinyoung nodded back. Surprised by his action, your father put back the paper and went downstairs like if nothing happened.

-End of flashback-