A new start

One-Sided Love

“A brand new day for a new semester.”  you softly whispered, smiling, looking up at the sky.

It's the start of junior year, and you were waiting for your friend, Eunji, at the bus stop. Being the quiet girl you were, you opened your book and start reading, until you heard someone call your name. You lifted your head up and saw a figure running toward you.

“Eun-ah!”

Eunji gave you a big bear hug as if she hadn’t seen you for ages.

“You’re choking me…” you tried to release from her hug.

The bus finally arrived, saving you from dying suffocated in the arms of your friend. You two hopped in and sat near the back exit.


Arrived at the stop, both of you got down and made your way to school.

“Walk faster, I want to see in which classes were in!” Eunji shouted as she started to run to the entrance of the school. You smiled, but still took your time heading to the board.

When you finally got there, Eunji squealed, jumping up and down in excitement. Not being sure what was happening, you asked her why she was acting like that. She pointed the board, and you started to look for your names.

“Were in the same class this year!”

“Jinja?” you turned to your friend, and smiled.

You were relieved. Last year, you two didn’t end up in the same class. In fact, you felt lonely through the whole year. However, Eunji would come from time to time during recess.

“You two seem quite lively today” a voice interrupted your thoughts. Recognizing it, your smile was even brighter. The boy walked to you and ruffled your hair, with his 1000 watt smile. “Good luck for the speech” he pumped his fist in the air, and mouthed ‘hwaiting’.

“Gomawo, Yoseob-oppa” you shyly thanked him. He nodded, and excused himself to join his group of friends.

Upset that he had to leave your side so quickly, your eyes followed him, until Eunji brought you back on earth.

“Geez, Eun, when are you going to confess to him? It’s been a year already!”

“One and a half” you corrected her.

“Same thing.” she rolled her eyes. “You’re pretty, smart, polite. What does a guy want more?”

You didn’t reply to her question, as you started to feel nervous in front of the auditorium. Of course, you were happy that you scored, once again, first of all 2nd year students, but having to give the opening speech was your least favorite thing to do. In fact, anything involving speaking in front of a crowd was your biggest dislike.

Around 10h, the principal entered in scene and caught the attention of the public, leading to silence. He gave his own speech, presenting the teachers and reminding the students about how important this year was. Finally, he motioned with his hand, indicating that you could go up on stage.

You took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. Not sure where to look, you fixed the ‘EXIT’ sign. “Good morning. The school year at Seoul High School is about to commence and I would like to take the opportunity to welcome you all. I’d like to say that I’m really looking forward to learning this year.” You recited your speech, and some time looked at the paper. As you grew more comfortable, you took few glances and the public sitting in front. Finally, you ended with a short conclusion. “Again, welcome, and I’m certain that we’ll have a great time together in the coming year.”


“You were great!” Eunji beamed. “How do you always manage to learn long texts by heart?”

Some students were making their ways to class. The class was pretty quiet, until two figures entered the room. The noise caught your attentions, and both of you turned your heads to the door.

“It’s Jinyoung and CNU!” Eunji squealed, seeing the two boys in front of the room. You made a face, showing your indifference. “Ara, ara. You’ve got Yoseob-oppa already” she rolled her eyes, laughing. You pouted in response.

*If only I was a year older. Chances that I’d be in Yoseob-oppa’s class would be 100% higher.* you thought. As you felt someone staring at you, you looked up searching for where it came from. The redhead’s eyes and yours met for few seconds. Realizing, he got caught, he turned his head to his friend. You didn’t know why, but you felt a strange fluttering feeling in your stomach.

“Eun-ah, why are you so red?” Eunji asked, frowning. “Are you thinking about Yoseob-oppa?” she teased you, wriggling her eyebrows. You lightly taped her arm, and laughed.

----------

Author speaking
New fanfic! :D   A subscribe or comment would be appreciated ~