Her little secret

One-Sided Love

As Jinyoung and you wandered around the streets, you spotted an ice cream shop and you insisted to go there. Since you still felt that you had to pay him back, you decided on ice cream.

You two got in and were assigned at a table. The server gave both of you a small, but cute menu. You quickly looked through it and spotted your favorite flavor. Since you already picked yours, you looked at Jinyoung to see if he already made his choice.

The young man came back to take your orders.

“So what would you like to take, miss?”

“I’ll take Strawberry Cheesecake, large size please” you enthusiastically said.

“And you, sir?” he turned to faced Jinyoung who was still looking at the menu.

“Hm, I’ll go for Maple Nut, large too” he smiled as he handed the menu.

Once the waiter was away, you looked around, feeling delighted of the idea that you were going to eat your favorite ice cream in a few minute.

Jinyoung looked at you, with a smile. It was the first time he saw you acting this way. He liked the quiet and shy you that he saw everyday at school, but the bubbly you right now was cute too.

“Ah!” you suddenly uttered which surprised Jinyoung.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked.

“I found this magazine earlier…” you took out the booklet of your bag and showed him. His eyes rounded when he saw the title of it. “I didn’t know you were famous!” you beamed, looking for the page.

“My sister is a photographer and wanted me in the last issue.” he paused and looked at you seriously. You got nervous at first, but burst into laughter when he added his other comment. “If you want more pictures, you can always take some, but they’ll have to come with fees~”

The waiter came back and served your ice creams. You squealed looking at yours.

“You like ice cream that much?” you immediately nodded, and he laughed at your cuteness.

You took a bite and noticed that Jinyoung was looking at you.

“Do you want to try some?” you asked, pushing the cup next to him. Instead of taking a spoon of your ice cream himself, he simply opened his mouth, waiting for you to feed him.

“Aaah~” you giggled, but still fed him. “Mashisseoyo” he said with the mouth full.

You two passed some time exchanging ice cream and laughing. Once both of you finished eating, you decided to take a walk around.

People could easily mistake you for a couple, since you were holding his hand naturally. You didn’t seemed to notice until an older lady told you so,

“Waah, I see young couples these days are really cute” she complimented. You quickly pulled your hand away.

“I-It’s not like that..” you blushed.

You continued you walk until you spotted something cute. You ran to it, leaving Jinyoung behind.

“Gwiyeoun~” you squealed, looking at the small  monkey stuff toy. It reminded you for Yoseob, you thought it would make a good gift since you already gave him many charms.

The store lady came to you.

“Is it for your boyfriend?” she asked, pointing Jinyoung who had just entered the shop. You shook your head and blushed again, *Why does everyone think that we’re a couple?*

“Anni, it’s for a friend.” you smiled.

You paid for the stuffed toy and joined Jinyoung.

“You like monkeys?” he asked, looking at the toy you were holding.

“Deh, it reminds me of someone” you reply with a smile.

“Do you…” he hesitated at first “Do you, by any chance, have someone you like?”

You looked at him surprised. Did he know about Yoseob?

“I-I do” you stuttered. His hopes went up, thinking that he had a chance that it could be him, but they were crushed when you talked more about the boy, “He’s a senior at our school. You probably know him since he’s quite popular too” you then sighed, “But I don’t know what he thinks of me… I’m scared that if I confess and he rejects me, things between the both of us would dramatically change. I’m scared to lose him.”

“If I was him, I would be the luckiest guy on earth” Jinyoung blurted out.

Surprised, you looked at him. You two shared a moment of staring. You felt your cheeks getting hot and your heart beating really fast and loud, you swore Jinyoung could be hearing it now.

“I— um, w-we should go home..” you tried to break the awkwardness “I-it’s getting late” Although it was a lame excuse, Jinyoung agreed and walked you back home.

For the first time, you were completely conscious of him by your side. Not that you didn’t care before, but his presence only made you feel comfortable. But now, you felt a feeling that you never had before. Butterflies fluttered in your stomach and you suddenly felt hotter than before.

As you were walking, you felt your hand and his brushed many times. Every touch made your heart skip a beat faster. Halfway home, Jinyoung decided you hold your hand.

“Friends can do skin ship too, right?” he smiled at you.

Jinyoung on his side was hurt that your heart belonged to someone else already, but he still didn’t gave up. As long as you’re not fully taken yet, his chanced to get you were still available.

 “Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun” you thanked him once you arrived home. As you felt something was missing, you looked around to see if you had any small presents for him.

You two stayed in front of the gate for a while.

“Um, I should get going” Jinyoung hesitantly said, since he wanted to spend more time with you.

That moment, something popped up in your head. You were embarrassed, but thought that you didn’t have anything else to give him right now. You stopped him from going any further.

“Close your eyes” you ordered. He immediately did, wondering why you suddenly told him to do so.

You approached to him, and got on the tip of your toes. You left a quick peck on his cheek. Surprised, he opened his eyes and touched the place you left a kiss.

“Goodnight~” you waved at him, walking inside.

Jinyoung stood there for a while, looking at you going in. Happiness was slowly invading him. *I’m never going to wash my left cheek ever again*, he thought.