Two boys, one girl

One-Sided Love

The doorbell rang as you finished washing the dishes. You ran out of the kitchen, heading to the door.

“I’ll get it!”

When you passed in front of the living room, you saw your mom sitting next to Jinyoung holding a rather large book. You squinted your eyes, but weren’t sure what it was. You shrugged and continued your way to the door. You opened the door and saw Yoseob. You eyes widened as you remembered to help him today.

“Oppa!” you shouted from the door as you waved your hand excitedly.

Jinyoung heard you and frowned. There was only one person he knew that you called ‘oppa’ and he hoped it wasn’t the person he had in mind.

“Come in” you welcomed him. He took his shoes off and followed you behind. “Appa, Eomma, Yoseob-oppa and I will be in my room” you told them before turning away.

“A-annyeong haseyo, abeonim, eommeonim.” Yoseob bowed to them. As he got up, he noticed a familiar figure although he couldn’t remember. *Who’s that boy?* he asked himself.

“Naeun-ah, what about Jinyoung?” your mother asked, without moving from her sit. *Jinyoung?* the name also felt familiar to Yoseob. He kept staring at him until Naeun came back to the scene.

“Mianhae, Jinyoung. I have to help Yoseob-oppa with school work. You can tag alo—”

“Great idea!” your mother cut you, she seemed more lively.

“Ani, it’s fine. Eommeonim, you can continue the story” Jinyoung politely asked.

“What story?” you became suspicious and walked toward your mother and Jinyoung. “Eomma!” you shouted as you realized what she was holding on her laps. “This is so embarrassing, why are you showing the picture album to him?”

“That was my idea actually” your father interrupted.

“Appa!” you whined. You gave them a betrayal look and walked back to Yoseob. “If you need me, I’ll be upstairs!” you said without looking back and grabbed Yoseob’s hand along.

Yoseob kept looking at your parents and the boy sitting comfortably next to you mother as you dragged him out of the living room. He finally remembered who Jinyoung was.

-Flashback-
When you heard the name, you unknowingly blushed, which made Yoseob get curious about this stranger to him.

“Jinyoung?” tilted his head to the side.

“He’s just my project partner, nothing else” you clarified your relation with him.

“You sure?” Eunji wiggled her eyebrows, teasing her friend “Apparently, uri Naeun, she—”

“That’s not true!” you cut her, and frowned. “Oppa, how about during our long break?” you changed the subject.
-End of flashback-

Yoseob didn’t like him. He didn’t like how he was so casual with your mother, or how he could get to see your past pictures while your parents never offered to him as he came over a lot more than the junior boy. At the thought, Yoseob felt a little weak, Jinyoung was a strong rival.

Jinyoung watched you go without saying a word. He felt his heart sink. Although he knew your secret crush on the senior, he didn’t know that you were that close to him. In his eyes, it was obvious that Yoseob had something for you too. Jinyoung also knew that he was at disadvantage since the one you loved wasn’t him but the boy who was standing in front of him just a moment ago. He unexpectedly let out a loud sigh, catching both your parents’ attention.

Your father looked at him as he was shaking his head. *Babo, if you like her, why would you let another man in her room?* he mentally scold him *Stop acting strong, it’s obvious that your disappointed*

Looking at him with a sorry look, your mother was lost herself. She knew about your feelings for Yoseob, you had told her once about it before. And Yoseob was a fine boy. Every time he came over, he was polite and helped around. However, he didn’t give that special feeling she felt when she saw Jinyoung. Jinyoung, to her opinion, was cute, totally her type. At the thought, she looked at your father and nodded, he was a lot better than her beloved husband if she had to judge by looks. Remembering that she thought too much and the silence was suffocating, she tried to brighten up the mood by continuing what she said earlier.

“So, where were we?”

Jinyoung suddenly interrupted, “Ah, I’m sorry. I must be leaving now” he apologized as he saw the time.

“Already?” your mother asked with a pout. *She really looks like Naeun…* he thought.

“Ah, neh” he bowed to her and then to your father “Thank you a lot for yesterday, I hope I wasn’t too much of a bother”

“It’s fine” your father smiled “Just that you’re a little heavy” he laughed, which also made the two other people in the room giggle.

He stood up and bowed again.

“You’re not going to see Naeun first?” your mother asked, but he shook his head.

“It's fine, I don’t want to bother Yoseob-sunbae.” he said before heading to the door and headed out. As he closed the door, he looked up and sighed. *Naeun likes Yoseob-sunbae. Yoseob-sunbae probably also likes her back. I guess I’m the third wheel in the story then*

By the window, you saw a black spot leaving the house. You stared at him until he completely faded from your view. You felt sorry that you couldn’t say goodbye before he left. You were in your bubble into Yoseob nudged your arm.

“And then what do I do with the x?” he asked.

“It’s easy, you just have to plug it there and isolate it from the others” you explained “Oppa, that’s the basic of the basic in algebra!” you giggled as you playfully hit his arm.

He smiled and stared at you who was focused in reading his book.

*Naeun-ah, who are you thinking about right now?*

----------

Author speaking
Wah, I sorry I haven't updated in a long time! But physic classes are almost over, yeeeasssh. So my free time is coming soon~

Also, another sorry for the lame update. ><"