Taking care of him

One-Sided Love

You peeked in the room where Jinyoung was sleeping and slowly opened the door, trying to be as silent as possible. You walked near him and sat on the chair that was already placed there, probably by your father.

You stared at him, noticing his defined features. Unknowingly, you smiled to yourself admiring his beauty; he looked like a fallen angel, until and idea popped into your head. You took out your phone and took a picture of his sleeping face. Proud of your picture skills, you replaced the selca you took with Yoseob with the recent taken picture.

Somehow, looking at Jinyoung sleeping made you feel warm and nice, a feeling that you use to have when you were with Yoseob. But now, you weren’t sure of your feelings anymore.

“Naeun…”

You were surprised and shifted your glance to Jinyoung. You giggled at his sleep talking but felt your cheeks burning up. You walked out of the room and came back with the changed water.

When you finished changing his towel, you remembered that you didn’t call his parents and they were probably worried since their son isn’t home yet at this hour. You hesitated to look for his phone because that would mean invading in his privacy but still looked for it. You found his phone and opened it. His background was a picture of him with a girl. Both of them were smiling happily, close to each other. They didn’t look like siblings but rather a couple. You felt your heart sink. You stared at the screen for a while before remembering why you had his phone.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” a girl’s voice answered.

“A-annyeong haseyo, I’m Jinyoung’s friend –”

“Oh, he’s not here” the voice cut her before you could say more.

“I know, I just wanted to say that he has a fever and—”

“A fever? Is he alright?” the voice cut her again.

“Ah, neh. Hm, Jinyoung’s at my place and he’s sleeping right now”

“Aah, okay” then she suddenly stopped talking “Wait, you’re a girl?”

“Yes?” you answered and thought that it was obvious because your voice wasn’t a bit low.

“Are you by chance Naeun?” you were surprised to hear your name.

“Yes”

“I’m Jinyoung’s sister, Jiyoung, come by our house sometime, we’ll definitely welcome you~”

“Ah, ne. Kamsamnida”

“Have fun then, annyeong!”

Like that, Jiyoung hung up and ran to the living room.

“Appa! Eomma!”

Her parents turned their attention to their daughter who seemed a lot more excited after the phone call.

“Our Jinyoung’s finally becoming a man!” she smiled amused. “He’s sleeping at Naeun’s” she said, putting an emphasis on the girl’s name.

“Omo, jinja?” her mother asked disbelieved.

“The girl he talks about every day? They’re finally together now?” the only man asked.

Jiyoung shrugged to his question.

“Molla. All I know is that he’s sick and sleeping at her house”

“My aegi’s sick?” her mother suddenly became worried.

“Naeun’s taking care of him” she casually said. “He’s a big boy now”

The three of them laughed and continued watching the tv show that was on.


“Yah, you’re taking the entire place. Push aside!”

“I want to see too!”

“Move!”

Jinyoung heard the whispering voices and slowly opened his eyes.

“See, you woke him up!”

He looked around the unfamiliar place and search where the commotion came from. As he sat up, he noticed a figure sleeping on the side. He leaned closer and recognized your face.

Suddenly two voices were giggling in harmony and whispered something he couldn’t hear. His attention shifted to the door and the two adults quickly hid themselves by standing on the side wall.

With the noises, you also woke up. You noticed a shadow and looked up.

“Ah, you’re already awake?” you asked in a tired voice and he nodded.

“You took care of me the whole night?” he asked as he turned back to you.

“Well duh!” your mother let out her comment a little too loud without knowing.

You both looked at the door and saw your parents. They awkwardly waved to you two until you father remembered why they came here.

“Breakfast is done, come downstairs when you’re ready” he said then walked away with your mother.

You stood up and stretched a little.

“Let’s go, or the food will get cold” you smiled.

He also got up and followed you. Before you reached the stairs, you looked at him.

“Mianhae” Jinyoung looked at you confusedly, *Why is she suddenly apologizing?* “I looked through your phone yesterday... I called your parents to let them know that you were sleeping over”

“It’s okay” he shrugged, but still didn’t understood why you felt bad.

“But your sister seems nice” you smiled, thinking of the short, but funny conversation you had with her yesterday. His eyes suddenly rounded.

“S-she.. didn’t say anything weird, right?” he asked nervously. You shook your head and giggled.

You two reached the dining room and your mother served you breakfast while your father was reading the newspapers.