Boys

One-Sided Love

The next day’s weather unexpectedly dropped. Even if spring had already arrived, it was still a cold morning.

You were already outside, by the bus stop, waiting for Eunji. From time to time, you rubbed your hands together, creating a slightly warm friction.

“Eun!” recognizing the voice, you lifted your head looking at your friend arriving. You waved at her and she tackled you with her usual hugs. Suddenly, she noticed that something was missing. “Why don’t you have your scarf?” she asked, raising an eyebrow up. “It’s freezing here, and your coat doesn’t even go up to your neck.” Knowing that she was suspecting something fishy, you tried to find a reasonable excuse. To your rescue, the bus arrived. *How many times did it saved my life?* you mentally thanked the vehicle. Escaping from her question, you quickly got in and completely changed the conversation, as if the scarf never existed.


Arriving at the stop, you two got off, along with other students of the school. You both walked to school like usual, until Eunji, being her hyped self, yelped. You looked at her strangely, and she pulled you into running.

“CNU!” she called. Hearing the name, you remembered that he was one of the kingkas of the school in your class. Quietly, alone, you wondered why she called him. You lifted your head to look where you were heading and saw a figure that made your heart skip a beat. As the two of you slowed the speed, you stared at him, as he was the only person receiving your attention. *He isn’t Yoseob-oppa, why is my heart acting this way?* Eunji pulled you back to reality. “Eun, isn’t that your scarf?” she pointed at Jinyoung. You looked at the accessory he was wearing. Indeed, it was yours, the one you gave him yesterday.

“Aah, Jinyoung, you’re caught now~” CNU playfully sang.

“Mwoh? It doesn’t mean that my scarf looks like Naeun’s that it has to be hers…” he tried to defend the both of you. The others who were oblivious to the happening of the night before agreed and forgot about it. But you knew that he wasn’t saying the truth.


“Eunji-ah…” you started “Earlier, how come CNU and you are so close?”

“We’re workmate for the semester’s project…” she looked at you making a face.

“Weren’t you paired up with Dongwoo?”

“Yaah, Eun-ah, don’t tell me you thought CNU was his real name”

“Mwoh?”

“CNU, C and N stand for S–” you stopped her before she could recite her long analyzing, or more like explanation of a fan girl.

“I think I got it.”

To be honest, you really thought CNU was his real name, like Si Nyu, but to think again, that’d be a weird name…  You quietly laughed at your silly mistake and continued your way to class with your friend.

Halfway there, a male figure happily skipped to you two and slowed his pace once he was a meter away. Slowly walking, he made the less noise he could. Once he got really near and noticed that none of you two saw him, he chuckled.

“BOO!”

Eunji and you startled at the sudden shout and turned around to see who it was. As you saw him, your frown turned into a smile and playfully hit him.

“Yoseob-oppa!” you called his name complaining. “That reduced my life length to one year less!” you pouted. He laughed at your comment and lightly messed your hair.

“Well, now you and me are going to die together~” he joked, you grimaced in return but still laughed.

“So what are you doing at the 2nd year alley?” Eunji asked him, rather irritated as she didn’t find it funny.

“Molla, just wanted to” he smiled “Can’t I?” your friend shrugged and walked away first to class leaving Yoseob and you alone.

Since there was only the two of you and there was still time before the first bell, you took your time. Remembering you had a gift for him, you quickly looked for it in your bag.

“Oppa, I got you a ‘Good Luck’ pouch” you showed him “This year’s going to a wonderful one!” you said as you handed him.

“You like these kinds of things don’t you? I’ve already received two from you that I hung to my backpack” he smiled. “But thanks anyways, I’ll take good care of it~”

“You better” you amusingly threatened him.

Once you reached your classroom, you turned to him to thank him.

Unexpectedly, Yoseob leaned in and kissed your forehead. You looked at him with big eyes, a little confused.

“That’s a thank you gift since I don’t have anything for you” he sweetly smiled. “See you later” he waved his hand and walked his way to his class.

Stunned by his sudden action, you smiled foolishly still looking at him go. Slowly, you touched the place where he left a kiss and repeated the scene over and over again in your head. *Does that mean that Yoseob-oppa likes me?* you interrogated yourself, happy.

You were brought back to earth by the sound of the bell. You immediately composed yourself showing as if nothing happened, but inside you were still screaming joyfully.


“May we sit with you girls?” a male’s voice asked. You turned around not recognizing the voice, but seeing Eunji being so excited, it must be someone ‘handsome’ according to her.

“Sure!” Eunji quickly replied, almost screaming.

Jinyoung took the sit next to yours and the rest sat at the empty places left.

“Where are Gongchan and Baro?” Eunji looked around. You looked at her confused and lifted an eyebrow as you didn’t know who she was talking about.

“1st year meeting” CNU said before taking a bite of his food.

All of sudden, Jinyoung reached his hand out with a napkin and carefully wiped the sauce on the corner of your mouth. Surprised, you startled a little but still let him continue what he was doing. You didn’t reject it, you felt your cheeks getting hotter and your heart was racing.

You looked at him in the eyes, forgetting the others as if they were only the two of you. Jinyoung smiled and you replied with a slight blush. *Why is my heart beating so fast? This morning, I didn’t felt the same way toward Yoseob-oppa…* you thought, confused.

Both of you were brought back to earth by the coughing of your friends.

“Stop showing us unwanted affection, that’s too much to handle” CNU said covering his eyes.

“I’m going to have to agree with hyung” Sandeul laughed.

“Naeun, we need to talk” Eunji said seriously “Sorry, but we’ll have to leave you guys” she smiled at them and pulled her friend away.

Jinyoung looked at the two of you walking out of the canteen and sighed. His friends who were still there sitting across him saw that.

“You so got a crush on Naeun” Sandeul blurted out and high-fived CNU.

Jinyoung glared at them warning them to be quiet about this. He wouldn’t want to hurt you in any ways. And especially not let you know about his feelings until he’ll personally tell you and be ready for the confession.