Chapter 8 ~ Escalating Fashion

Eclipse

~Samantha Krede~

Jared had made sure that you quickly got back into the swing of your schedules. You work hard and often with GDragon on your album but also with YongHwa and HongKi on your drama. The drama has also casted Lee Minho and you are excited to work with him as well.

Once you finally complete the recording of yours and GDragon’s album, Jared rushes you back to Cube and into makeup. He’s told you that you should have a new hairstyle, and he mentioned maybe dying it darker. You had shrugged and let it go. A darker shade in your hair may look good; maybe they’ll even add color streaks.
You walk in to the styling room and the stylists jump up in excitement.
“There you are, Sam!” one of the stylist clasps her hands together as she smiles at you. “Jared told us about the plans for your new look and we’re all very excited to work on it!”
You smile sweetly and nod. “Thank you! Please take good care of me!”
The styling unnies smile to each other with your sweet words and rush you to the seat. You sit and pull out your phone as they get to work. In just a moment, Cassie, Mel, and Hanna come in and join in the chaos. They, too, have been given special orders for a new look from Jared. At first you all chit chat as the stylists gather their equipment and rush around, but eventually you fall quiet as you put in your headphones and put your head back. It’s not uncommon for you to fall asleep in the styling chair. Once you’re out, you’re out. The stylists don’t seem to mind either since they move you around on their own anyways.
You tip your head back and close your eyes as the music takes you away.

~

When you awake you feel groggy. You nap all the time in the car, but that’s very different from sleeping while sitting up and being re-made. You yawn and look around the room. They seem to have finished whatever work they were doing on you. You glance over just as Cassie comes back into the room. She’s smiling ear to ear as she sees you with your head still wrapped up in the foil from the stylist. You laugh as you hide another yawn.
“Do you like it?” Cassie asks as puts her fingers in her hair.
You turn to really look at her and realize they have changed Cassie’s hair from dark brown to a lighter brown with purple streaks in it.
“Oh, Cassie, I really like it!” you say excitedly. “I love the colors in it!”
You suddenly become excited to see what colors they’ve chosen for your blonde hair. Maybe pink… or blue!
Melanie comes prancing in next and kneels in front of you so you can see her style.
“What do you think?” she asks as she shakes her brown hair.
They’ve added more layers into her curly hair to give it a more wild look and have put blue streaks throughout.
“They did yours blue?” you ask as you reach out and touch a soft, blue lock.
“Yep!”
“I thought mine would be blue…” you mumble as Hanna runs next to you.
You look at her through the mirror in front of you to see that she has had the most drastic change so far. They’ve chopped off her lovely, long, dark hair and fashioned it into a pixie cut with pink streaks.
“Awe, Hanna!” you exclaim, “I really like it! You look older than sixteen now! You look like Alice from Twilight!” you laugh, “But I loved it long! Oh well, it looks really cute!”
They all smile and gather around you as the stylists return.
“I think it’s time to take yours off!” one of the stylists excitedly says as she comes behind your chair.
You smile and nod.
“Sam, close your eyes so you can be surprised when they take them off!” Hanna claps her hands.
“Oh, good idea!” Mel adds.
You laugh and obey by closing your eyes. You’re excited to see the bright color and maybe even a dirty blonde color too. You clasp your hands in front of you as the stylists excitedly take out the foil in your hair and style it nicely. It still feels long, but not as heavy. They must have added more layers, you think. You feel their fingers work through your hair as you listen to the ooh’s and  ah’s coming from your friends.
“Okay,” you hear the stylist as she backs away, “You can open now!”
You open your eyes and look forward into the mirror. Your eyes widen and your mouth drops. Your blonde hair… is not blonde anymore. It’s…brown. Dark brown! Layers have been added and there are red streaks but it’s all brown! Like mud! What happened to your golden, shiny hair?!

~Yong JunHyung~

JunHyung and the rest of Beast round the corner in the hall and make their way to the dressing rooms. They’ve heard about Eclipse’s new looks for their albums and all of them want a peak before the teaser pictures come out. They barge into the dressing rooms to see Eclipse standing around and laughing. All of them look so different! They look really nice!
“Hey!” DuJun exclaims and the rest of the group joins in.
“Hey!” Eclipse laughs in return.
All at once everyone starts talking about the new looks, except for Samantha. She’s not even in the room. JunHyung glances around and tries to search her out. Is it possible that she’s changed so much that he can’t even recognize her in there?
Hanna glides to his side, “Are you looking for Sam?” she smiles.
“Uh, well… yeah I guess. She’s not here?” JunHyung replies, confused.
“Nope.” Hanna frowns.
“Why? Where is she?” JunHyung looks around again.
“She uh… left.”
“Sam?” Mel cuts into the conversation and the rest of the groups join in. “Yeah, she’s not feeling so good.”
“She’s sick?” JunHyung exclaims.
“Not exactly…” Hanna mumbles.
“Well, where is she?” DuJun asks.
“Sam didn’t really understand that when Jared mentioned dying her hair… he meant really dying her hair.” Cassie finally speaks up. “I think it was just a big shock to her.”
“What color did they dye it?” DongWoon asks.
“It’s nice!” Mel speaks up, “It’s a brown now. I really liked it at least…”
“It’s just a big change to her,” Cassie explains, “She’s had to deal with a lot of change lately.”
“Well, where is she now?” JunHyung asks as he turns to Cassie.

She stares back at him with sad eyes. Finally she sighs, “She’s upstairs.”
“What floor?” JunHyung moves closer to the door.
“The roof.”
“The roof?!” HyunSeung exclaims as he looks around the room.
“Yep.”
“Why the roof?” KiKwang asks.
“It’s hard to explain… you see… whenever Sam is upset or needs to be alone, she goes to the roof.”
“Why?” HyunSeung asks, just not believing any of this.
“I honestly don’t know,” Cassie says with honest eyes, “It’s just sort of her thing. She always manages to find a way onto the roof. Whenever something has happened, that’s where you can expect to find her…”
“It’s weird, though, because Sam is absolutely terrified of heights.” Mel shrugs.
“Scared of heights?” DuJun exclaims in disbelief.
Hanna nudges Mel unhappily as if no one was supposed to know.
“I thought Sam was fearless.” KiKwang laughs.
“She is!” Hanna voices, “I mean… except for heights. That’s her biggest fear.”
JunHyung turns to leave.
“But really,” Mel calls after him, “I think she just wants to be alone! She’ll be okay!”
JunHyung leaves anyways. He runs down the hall and hits the elevator button and paces impatiently as he waits for it to arrive. He smacks the button again… and then again until the doors finally open. He jumps in and hits the button for the highest floor. He rides to the top and runs down the hall.
How do I get to the roof? he wonders as he slows his pace, realizing he has no idea where to go. He walks down the halls for awhile until he reaches a lonely hallway of storage. This area is for janitor closets and such like that. On the end of the hall, though, is a large metal door that’s usually locked. That must lead to the roof. He walks to the door and stands in front as he studies the thick metal and the intricate lock. He looks over his shoulder before reaching forward and placing his hand on the long door handle. He takes a breath as he eases his hand down, and the knob turns. He yanks the door open and looks up at the old, dirty, wooden staircase that leads up. At the top of the stairs is another door. He slides in and carefully shuts the door behind him, being careful to make sure that he can still get out. He turns and slowly ascends the staircase. Once at the top, he tries the other metal door’s handle; again it opens easily. He walks out to the fresh breeze of the roof. There is nothing but blue sky above. He takes in a breath of the open air and moves forward. There are a lot of boxes and vent systems around, but otherwise, the roof seems pretty spacious. He walks over to the edge and carefully glances down; it’s a far fall, that’s for sure. If Sam is so scared of heights, why is she up here?

He turns back and searches the roof for any sign of Samantha. Nothing. He walks back to the door and looks around. He walks around the door and heads towards the other side of the building. He stops on the other side and looks down. Sitting up against the wall with her knees pulled to her chest, is Sam. JunHyung smiles in relief for finding her. She doesn’t seem to have noticed that he’s there. She sits in shorts, tennis shoes, and a black hoodie with the hood pulled up and over her head. He can’t even see her hair.
She lets out a sigh. “What are you doing here?” she mumbles.
Junhyung’s eyes widen and he can’t help but smile. “How did you know it was me?”
“Lucky guess.” She sounds melancholy.
“Whatcha doin up here?” Junhyung asks as he comes closer to her.
She doesn’t move. “Just sitting.”
“I heard you guys got a makeover.” He smiles, but she won’t look up.
“Yep.” She replies.
JunHyung sighs with her sad attitude. He knees beside her and stares, but she won’t look to him. He scoots around to the front to face her. Half of her face is hidden in her arms, and she stares blankly at the cold cement floor. JunHyung catches glimpses of her new brown hair from her bangs, but the rest of it is hidden in her hood.
He carefully reaches forward and starts to pull her hood back away from her face. She squeezes her eyes closed and moves her face further into her knees as he pulls it off. Her brown hair flies in the light breeze. She has red streaks of color throughout, and parts of it have been cut choppy to give her an edgier look. JunHyung likes it. He places his hands on either side of her face and feels the softness of her hair. He pulls her face up to look at him.
“You look beautiful.” He whispers.
She looks at him with cold eyes. “Don’t lie.” She mumbles as she pulls her face back from his hands and leans up against the wall.
“I’m not lying!” Junhyung whines. “I’m being serious. I really like it. Why don’t you like it?”
She looks off to the side and breathes for a moment. “I don’t know,” she shrugs, “I guess it’s just not what I expected.”
“A lot to take in?”
She nods. “Yeah, a lot. A new job in a new country with new people. New music, new style. New everything. I don’t even feel like myself anymore.”
JunHyung purses his lips together and nods in understanding. “I’m sorry you feel that way. Don’t you… don’t you feel like yourself at all?”
“I don’t know… why?” she asks as she looks back to him.
Now JunHyung looks away and shrugs. “I don’t know,” he mimics her tone, “I guess it’s because I’ve really come to like you; and I was hoping it was the you you. Not someone Jared made you in to.”
He turns back to her and her eyes search his. She nods simply.
“Is the you you the one that loves music?” he asks.
She nods.
“Is the you you the one that wears whatever she finds on her floor?”
She nods.
“The one that writes meaningful lyrics?”
She nods.
“The one who says she never cries, but breaks the hearts of millions with one tear?”
She watches him speak.
“Because if so then that’s the one that I like; the one who’s not afraid of spiders or crabs and other creepy crawlies, but is terrified of heights… yet she hides out on the rooftop.” He smiles to himself and shakes his head at the thought.

She cracks a slight smile in return. “Yah, who told you I was afraid of heights.”
He smiles and shrugs. “What are you doing up on the roof anyways?” he asks as he moves to sit next to her.

“I don’t know,” she speaks more clearly now as she unfolds and lays her legs out in front of her. JunHyung follows her lead and sprawls his legs out next to hers. “I’ve always kind of done this. It’s just so quiet up here, I can really think.” She sighs. “But at the same time it terrifies me; really, it scares me to death to even walk up stairs. So when I’m up here… I remember how scared I am… and I think that nothing can be worse than falling off. That fear…the feeling of vulnerability… I don’t think there is anything worse. So… whatever it is that I am dealing with… I would rather go through that hard time than to fall.”
JunHyung nods as he thinks about her words. How strong she must be. “So heights is your greatest fear then?”
“Yep.” She smiles.
“Hm… what about roller coasters then?”
“Oh, I love them!”
JunHyung laughs out loud and brings his hand up to hide his smile and try to compose himself. “How does that make sense?” he spurts.
“I don’t know!” she laughs along, “I hate the height of them but at least I’m strapped in! Then it become too fun to be scary.”
“Okay, true.”
JunHyung and Sam become quiet as they look out over the view. The silence in comfortable; nothing but the sound of the light wind and their own breathing. Junhyung looks down to hide his smile but Sam glances over and notices. She looks up and laughs to herself as she nudges his shoe with hers. He smiles and taps her foot back.

“Come on,” JunHyung finally says as he clasps her hand in his, “Let’s go back down.”
She smiles as she looks into his eyes. “Alright,” she agrees.
JunHyung jumps up and pulls her to her feet. He wraps his arm around her shoulder and leads her back to the door.
“How did you get up here anyways?” he asks.
“Oh, when I first came to Cube I was up here all the time. I used to ask the janitor to let me in. Eventually,” she smiles to herself as she watches her feet walk, “Eventually the janitor made me a spare key; and he hides it in the fire extinguisher for me to use.” She laughs. “As long as I lock up and put it back, I can come whenever I want.” She dangles the key to the lock and smiles.
“Wow, okay.” JunHyung smiles as he thinks that Sam could get anything from anyone with one bat of an eye. “You have quiet the alluring charm then.”
“You think so?” she laughs.
“Yeah, I do,” he smiles, “You’ve got a very capturing charm.”

She looks to him and sees that his eyes are sincere. She laughs as she pulls on his side, and they go down together.

 

 

[Dont forget to check the polls for this fanfic! also share/comment/subscribe :)]