Chapter 10 ~ What Do I Do

Eclipse

~Samantha Krede~

"Goodmorning, girls!" your eyes pop open to the Jared's morning call from down the hall.
"Ugh," you groan as you roll in you bed and pull the sheets over your head.
"What are you all doing in bed?" he thunders as he comes into your bedroom, "You all have to get up right now! You're needed at Cube for hair and makeup before the awards ceremony."
"Awards ceremony?" you and Cassie pop up in bed. 
"That's today?" Cassie asks with wide eyes. 
"What awards ceremony?" you shake your head.
"What awards ceremony?!" Jared looks at you with disbelief. "MNET is hosting an awards ceremony. Best solo artist, best music video, best fans, best comeback, and the category you girls have been nominated for... Best Rookie Artists! So chop chop, let's go! You gotta look good for it! And don't forget about the teasers!"
Oh that's right. Jared had you girls pick a Cube song to tease at the Awards for your upcoming albums; it was a great opportunity. You had wanted to do a song by 4Minute. 
You quickly jump out of bed and rush around the room to throw on something appropriate. The stylists would dress you and fix you up, so all you really had to do was make sure you look modest enough for the car ride there. No doubt fans will be everywhere to take pictures... you have to look at least decent. 
"Did you figure out your teaser?" Cassie asks you as you squeeze in to share the bathroom. She leans in towards the mirror to apply mascara as you rush to squirt toothpaste onto your tooth brush.
"Well, i mean Mel and Hanna are doing something by G.NA. And you're doing 4 Minute, aren't you? So i was thinking of just using Heart To Heart for mine."
"Really?" she glances down at you as you run the water; then she shrugs.
"What?" you ask as you bring the toothbrush up, "Don't like that song?"
"It's not that," she goes for foundation, "I've just seen your lyrics and heard your songs. You and GDragon have a more hip hop and rap feel for your collaboration. His solo is rap. But your solo... it's slow. Like a ballad."
"I know," you stand back as you scrub your teeth, "Honestly... i think that song from Boys Over Flowers would be really pretty. Plus the lyrics fit my feel."
You and Eclipse decided to watch Korean Dramas together. At first you were against the whole idea, but eventually you fell for them after watching Heartstrings with the girls. SInce then, you've been hooked. You all are currently working on Boys Over Flowers; the rule is that no one is allowed to watch it unless everyone in Eclipse is watching it together. 
"Which song?" Cassie asks.
"What Do I Do, by Ji Sun. It's just really pretty."
"It is, actually. I like that choice."
"You can't sing that song," Mel comes into the bathroom and grabs a hairbrush, "No offense but you can't sing the high notes. Your voice is the perfect type for rap and low hip hop... but ballad doesn't fit your style." she exits the bathroom leaving you annoyed.
You glance to Cassie, she starts to snicker before nodding her head, "She's sort of right. But actually i do think you can sing it. I've heard you singing it around before, and when you listen on your ipod you sing out loud. But she is right about the fact that you can't sing it; as in Jared told us to use Cube songs and Ji Sun isn't a Cube singer."
You nod. "I know all the lyrics, though. And i know how it goes by heart. I could sing it without the music."
"What are you saying? That you want to sing it anyways?"
"Yes, but i won't. I just think it fits my album best. But it's okay... i guess i'll just stick with Heart To Heart. Hyuna would like that i think."
Cassie nods again and then walks behind you as you lean forward to spit. She pats your back as she leaves. 
I could sing that song if i wanted to, you think as you place both hands on the sink and look at your reflection in the mirror. You scowl at yourself and try to show that strong, independent, intimidating presence you have on stage. You smirk and nod your head. Yeah i can do that. 

Jared rushes you all to the Cube building where the stylists hurry to fix up your appearance. You're sitting in the styling chair while someone fixes up your hair when you see someone walk by with the white formal dress that GDragon had bought for your birthday. 
"Oh wait, that dress..." you turn in your seat.
"It's perfect!" the younger stylist with the dress interupts as she holds it up, "I didn't think you had this sort of taste in clothes; you know apart from your hip hop look. But this is really classy and very elegant. It was a great choice! And it's absolutely perfect for tonight!"
"Oh uh, yeah it is." you force a smile. The dress was for this occasion anyways, you think, but you hadn't really planned on wearing it.

Just as you turn back to the mirror, there's a tap on the dressing room door. You and the rest of Eclipse glance over as Big Bang enters. 
"Hey!" everyone smiles and greats each other as the room suddenly gets louder. 
Through working with GDragon you have also become good friends with Big Bang. After you and GD had worked late into the night, they all had offered to take you out for dinner, which you gladly accepted. Overall, you found TaeYang to be a kind and sweet-hearted man. He had been so incredibly shy, and he still was, but GDragon swears that he's actually funny and even awkward at times. DaeSung is one of the nicest guys you have met and was so easy to talk to and to get along with. You and him liked to joke around often but you could also talk more seriously. He was such a sweetheart. Then there was Seungri; you found him immature but incredibly handsome. He was closest to your age so he seemed to give you most attention, but then you found out from GDragon that he's actually quite the playboy. GDragon feels the need to watch out and care for the maknae of their group, so you decided to get along with Seungri the best you could, even though he could be a bit much at times. TOP was the other one in Big Bang that you really grew close to; besides GDragon. He is funny and attractive, and has wonderful, smoky eyes, and a deep, masculine voice. His sense of humor was great and he and GDragon often joined up to tease you; of course, Seungri would side with you against them, and then you really did love all of them. 
"Wow, you all look so pretty!" Seungri exclaims and you laugh at him as he heads towards Melanie. 
The Big Bang boys are already in suits and makeup, and are looking good. You laugh as they disperse through the room. GDragon stands behind your chair and looks at you in the mirror. TaeYang and Daesung went over to talk with Cassie and TOP just hangs out by the door.
"Hey, TOP, when are you going to get your styling done?" you ask with a smirk.
"What are you talking about i just came from there.." he raises an eyebrow at you.
"Did you?" you exclaim.
GDragon laughs and TOP comes closer. They both stand behind your chair and look at you through the mirror. 
"What are you clowns doing here?" you smile. 
"We're here for awards too." GDragon answers.
"Looks like a lot of groups are going to be here..." you mumble as you think about Beast. You can't help but wonder what JunHyung looks like in a suit. 
"4Minute is going to be here too, unnie." Hanna speaks up.
"Are they really?" you ask in excitement, "They're back from Japan?"
"Yeah! They were nominated for an award too."
It's been too long since you've seen Hyuna. You and her were the closest from Eclipse and 4Minute. You shared her style in fashion and music; plus she has a strong stage presence, though she's cuter that you are when she's offstage. The girl is gorgeous and you absolutely love her. 
You smile, "Well now i'm even more excited!"
"How can you not be excited?" GDragon asks. 
You shrug as you think of your teaser song choice again. You glance up to catch Cassie's eyes in the mirror. You can tell just from the way hers look that she's thinking the same thing .
"2ne1 is coming too, Sam." DaeSung announces from across the room.
"Oh yes!" you exclaim happily as you clap your hands together.
While out with BigBang one night, they had introduced you to them as well. You and CL became friends fast and even text each other often. You and Park Bom are pretty different but you still get along. Minzi is actually younger than you but also close in age. You love her fashion style and her strength, plus she's an amazing dancer. Dara is funny and adorable as well; she seems like the most average girl in the group. She's so down to earth and friendly. Even though you like them all, CL is the one you have bonded with the most. She's a great leader and has confidence yet she's humble. 
"Well, we should go finish getting ready and everything," Gdragon says as he smiles once more and then heads towards the door.
Before any of you actually go to the awards auditorium, you all have seperate photo and interview times; Big Bang goes in before Eclipse. 
"Oh," Gdragon turns on a second thought, "Where's that white dress?" he asks with a shy smile.
You smile back and laugh, "It's in the back."
"You are going to wear it, aren't you?"
"Mhm." you smirk.
He laughs and nods. "I like that dress."
He turns and walks out. You laugh as soon as the door is shut and shake your head at the funny boy.
"Wow," Cassie says as she comes to stand by your chair.
"What?" you ask as you glance up.
"When you asked about him last night, i didn't realize how much you two liked each other. You really got close in such a short amount of time."
"Ha, yeah we're close but we don't like eachother in any special way; control your mind." you scoff.
"Hm i'm just saying... the boy couldn't keep his eyes off you..." she turns away.
"Wait, what?" your eyes widen as you whip around in your chair.
"Yeah, you didn't notice? Who were you looking at the whole time? He came in, went to your side, and never looked away."
"Really?" you look off to the side as you try to think about it.
"He almost looks at you as much as JunHyung does..." Cassie walks around the corner to get into her dress, leaving you conflicted and confused. 
"Messing with my mind..." you mumble to yourself as you turn back in your seat. You look up to see the stylist staring at you with a frozen smile. When she notices that you have caught her glance, she laughs to herself and turns back to her stuff. "What?" you ask innocently.
"Nothing, you're done. You can go change into your dress now." she smiles without looking at you. You get down out of the chair and shuffle towards the back. "It really is a beautiful dress." she adds as you glance over your shoulder. 

You quickly change into your dress and matching shoes and stand in front of the mirror. It is a great dress. It goes down to the floor and even has a slight trail at the back. Your hair has been pulled into a side bun with a braid across your forehead to the back. Overall, you've went from the hip hop punk with an attitude to a beautiful young lady ready to be whisked away in a limousine. 
Cassie comes to stand by you in a purple dress. She smiles at you in the mirror. Then Mel comes in a blue dress followed by Hanna in a pink dress.
"Let's take a selca!" Hanna chimes happily.
You all laugh but agree to her wishes. Cassie pulls out her phone and snaps selcas; first of you all just smiling, and then one of you all goofing off.
"Send one to me!" Mel smiles.
"Me too." you add.
"Girls," Jared taps on the door before poking his head in, "Oh, i mean ladies." he smiles warmly as you all exchange glances, "The car's ready. We're going to grab a quick lunch on the way and then head over to the auditorium. Then you have pictures and questions before the actual program starts. But you're all looking very lovely!" he holds the door open as you all walk past him.
Suddenly you realize that you are in Cube Entertainment... not YG... what had Big Bang been doing here?
"Jared," you ask as you turn on your way out, "Did you see Big Bang here?"
"Yeah i did actually, i just got done talking with their manager. Why?"
"What are they doing here?" 
"Hm not sure. He said something about them wanting to see some people on their way over. But anyways, hurry up. Beast left half an hour ago!"
He rushes you out of the room and all the way to the rented car that Jared got just for the occasion. Fast food in dresses was quite a site, but you don't mind. 

The car pulls up to a big building already full of people just outside. Cameras flash and people gather around the car. You all smile and wave as Jared rushes around to get the door for you. He smiles in encouragement as Cassie leads you up the red carpet as photographers, fans, and journalists take your pictures and shout out to you. You eventually make your way up the steps and into the main hall where you go through a roped off segment. Other artists are there now as well. You see UKISS, CNblue, FTisland, MBLAQ, Super Junior, KARA, Girls Generation, and more. Everyone seems to be here. You take pictures through the roped walkway until an interviewer rushes up. A man and woman from MNET ask questions about the awards and other artists as well as what Eclipse has been working on. This is when Cassie tells them that as a special treat, Eclipse will be singing live teasers toward the end of the show. This gets a very good reaction from everyone around and you smile at their excitement and support. 
After the interview, you are led into the actual auditorium. You sit towards the front with some other artists as the program gets started. You begin to feel a little anxious as you think about what people may think about your cover of Heart To Heart. You like the song, but you're worried it won't show off your new album concept well enough. You glance down the row just as Beast comes to sit by Eclipse. You sigh and smile with relief as they greet you. They're all wearing some sort of black suit with a white shirt but in different styles. JunHyung doesn't even wear a suit jacket; instead, he has on black dress pants and shoes, a white polo, and suspenders over only one shoulder. His hair is styled and fluffy. He smirks at you as he sits. You smile back feeling even less nervous. JunHyung looks...really good. 

The program starts and you watch the other groups sing and dance on stage and the MCs talk. Finally, a man that works with MNET comes by to tell Eclipse and Beast to make their way backstage for their performances. Beast will perform first and then Eclipse. After that, there will be a few more performances before the actual awards ceremony. You worry how different it will be to perform in a dress and heels on stage rather than your cargos and vans; of course, you're not actually dancing for this performance. Eclipse only has to sing two of your songs before the awards, and then after the awards is your time for the teasers. 

You stand off stage as you watch KARA finish their song. You feel someone behind you and whip around quickly to see JunHyung looking over your shoulder.
He smirks down at you, "I didn't know you were a KARA fan."
"I'm not," you turn back to the stage, "I'm just watching. You go on next, don't you?"
"Yeah are you going to watch me?"
"Ha, of course!" you playfully slap him from behind you. 
"But...you don't like KARA?" he asks more seriously.
You shrug. "I mean i don't know. I don't know them well; i'm still new to all the kpop stuff. But to me all it seems like they do is shake their behinds. They look young too."
"They're older than you..."
"I know but still."
He shrugs and lets it go. The girls on stage finish and run off the other side. 
"Okay, i'm on." JunHyung smiles as he's joined by the rest of Beast.
Eclipse comes up to you and you all wish them one last "fighting" as they go on stage.

And they do amazingly! They have the crowd cheering as they perform tracks from their new album. On Rainy Days and Fiction go perfectly even though On Rainy Days shouldn't really be performaned. As they go to exit off the other side of the stage, JunHyung turns and goes the wrong way, towards you and Eclipse coming on. He laughs as he skips by. He takes your hand in his and gives it a squeeze as he hurries off stage. With the touch of his hand and the snickers from the fans that saw, you feel more confident. This works out perfectly as you and Eclipse perform your two most popular songs. The fans sing and chant along which gives you more energy. You really wish you weren't in a dress so you could move around more and enjoy the crowd. 
You feel a rush as they call out your names and take pictures as you all bow on your exit. You all are beaming ear to ear as you hurry off for the next perfoming group. You're too busy watching your feet on the steps down to avoid tripping that you don't even notice CL from 2ne1 coming up. She grabs onto your shoulders and smiles; the rest of 2ne1 is behind her and smile in encouragement as well. 
"I saw you perform!" she says excitedly, 'You girls did really well!"
"Thanks, CL!" you shout above the chaos. "You're on next? I'll cheer you on! Fighting!"
CL and 2ne1 thank you as they run past to get on stage. You sigh with the relief of doing a good job as you get down the back stage. Big Bang and Beast both hurry up to congratulate you all on a job well done. You get caught up in the commotion as you go back and forth between GDragon and JunHyung, both on either side of you.
"Good job!" GDragon praises with a pat on the back.
"Oh, thanks!" you pant as JunHyung wraps his arm over your shoulders.
"Told you that you would do well!" JunHyung says with a smirk.
"Well, i'm not done yet! I still have my teaser. So...i got to go get ready." you awkwardly crouch under their arms and squeeze through the little crowd of idols.

Everyone congratulates each other as you make your way back to the small dressing rooms. Cassie, Mel, and Hanna make it in with you and are rushed into syling again. Your hair and makeup is fixed up as you are given water for your throat. Mel goes over her own voice warm up routines on the side as Hanna looks over her lyrics. You feel your heart beating inside of your chest with nerves, but you sip at your water in effort to calm down. 
"So i'm on first," Cassie says from next to you, "And then it's you. And you're singing Heart To Heart?"
"Yeah i guess so," you shrug, still wishing you could do What Do I Do instead.
"You really don't want to do that song?"
"Not really but whatever."
She looks at you with a sad expression, so you flash her a forced smile in effort to make her feel better. You turn away to finish preparing for the stage and think over the lyrics of Heart to Heart. 

"Alright, girls," Jared comes in after you're all ready, "Cassie, you ready?" 
"Yep!" she stands up with a beaming smile.
"Then let's all go. We'll cheer you on from backstage." Jared opens the door and you all follow Cassie out.
"Are you ready for this?!" Mel excitedly jumps behind Cassie, holding onto her shoulders.
Hanna runs to her side and takes her hand in hers. She swings them back and forth between them as she looks up to your leader with admiration. "You look so beautiful," she coos, "You will do so well!"
"Thanks, Hanna." Cassie squeezes her hand back. 
Cassie glances over her shoulder to you and you quickly pick up your pace to walk beside her.
"Yeah, Cass," you say as you walk with her, "You're going to do great! Everyone out there already loves you."
Cassie lets out a breath and smiles as she looks forward. "Thank you."
You all stop and look out at the stage. The MCs announce the Eclipse surprise teasers and the fans go crazy. Cassie is called out and she gives you all one last smile before going on stage.

You, Melanie, Hanna, and Jared all watch Cassie as she sings her song. With her the only one under the spotlights on stage, she looks like a well accomplished solo artist already. Her stage presence is flawless; she smiles and sings her heart into every word. She has the crowd swooning over her every note. 
Even you feel so captivated by Cassie's charms that you don't hear Jared whispering to you until he nudges your back.
"Did you hear me?" he asks, annoyed.
"No i wasn't listening to you." you answer without taking your eyes off of Cassie.
"I said you're on next. Are you ready?"
You nod. "Of course."
You still focus on the ending to Cassie's song as more people gather around you. 
"Yah," you hear a gruff voice next to you and feel someone nudge your elbow. 
You glance up to see JunHyung standing by your side. "What are you doing back here?" you ask as you look around for the rest of Beast.
"I saw you back here from the audiance and wanted to come wish you luck." he smirks. 
You smile back and nudge his arm back. "Well, thanks. I'm not nervous. It's an easy song."
"Why did you choose an easy song?" another voice asks from your other side. 
You turn and feel JunHyung's gaze with yours as you see GDragon next to you.  He smiles warmly.
"Jiyong-ah..." you gasp.
"Jiyong-ah?" JunHyung mumbles next to you.
"Yah!" GDragon laughs, "I saw you back here and guessed you're on next. You didn't tell me you were going to do a solo song for our album today!"
"It's a surprise!" you laugh.
"A surprise, huh? What song did you choose? Something by Cube?"
"Mhm." you turn your attention back to the stage. 
"You won't tell me which song?" GDragon lightly grabs onto your shoulder.
"Ani, i won't." you smile. "Go back to your seats." you turn around and with one hand on JunHyung's chest and the other on GDragon's, you push them away. 
Mel and Hanna stand off a bit and watch you, but Jared focuses on the last notes of Cassie's song. Both boys back away from you with smiles at your playfulness. Once away from you a bit, they look to each other. GDragon's eyes open as if he's just noticed JunHyung standing there.
"Oh, ah, hello." GDragon says with a slight bow.
"Hello," JunHyung bows back.
"You two know each other right?" you ask quickly as you move towards the stage.
"Yeah," they answer in dry unison.
You raise your eyebrows at them as you hear Cassie say that you're on next. "Back to your seats," you shoo them away. 
They turn together to go back to their seats as you turn to the stage. You start to walk forward to meet Cassie on her way out. She turns and stops when she sees you coming forward. Her eyes widen at first, but then she smiles and gives you a wink before hurrying off the other side of the stage. You pause as you watch her practically sprint around the corner; she even picks up the front of her dress as she runs. 

You shake your head as you go out and the spotlight beams down from above. The audiance is hard to see but everyone shouts and cheers as your lit up on stage in your white dress. Different colored lights shine down on you and turn your white dress into a splatter of different illuminescent colors. 
You laugh as you start to feel the adrenaline rush that comes with being on stage and hearing people cheer for you. You look down to the first couple rows to see JunHyung and Beast on one side, and GDragon and Big Bang on the other. JunHyung looks serious, but when you meet his eyes, he gives you an encouraging smile. You smile back before switching over to GDragon. GD throws out two thumbs up and you laugh. Then you quickly glance to the side to see Mel, Hanna, and Jared backstage, already jumping up and down with excitement; but where is Cassie? You laugh and finally turn to the rest of the audiance as they start to calm down so you can talk.
"Yes, hello i am Sam from Eclipse," you begin and the fans start to scream again. You laugh and back away from the mic stand to hide your laughter. "Yes, well, as you all know by now, GDragon sunbae and i are collaborating on an album," shrieks and cries break out and you can't help but laugh as you look down to GD to see that he's nodding along with a giant smile. You glance over to JunHyung to see him focused on you very seriously, but he smirks with your gaze. "GDragon has teased you all quite well, but now it is my turn. Through this album i hope to let you all see a different side to me. As you all know, my stage presence is quite... what's the word... intimidating?" you laugh, "Anyways, there's more to me than that. In fact, that presence is not even a big part of me but only a small part that has been magnified for publicity. But through this album i will let you all see more about my personal story." you nod as you become more serious, getting into the feeling and emotion of your album. "And so, to give you a small idea of what that part is like, i will sing a song for you..." you pause as the beginning of the music starts to play lightly in the background. But this song is not the start of Heart to Heart... this is something else. This is familiar, you know this song. Light and soft. This isn't a Cube song at all, this is What Do I Do by JiSun. 
You glance over towards Jared unsuredly. He seems upset as he dissappears and rushes away. You turn the other way and see Cassie. She pants from wherever it was she disappeared to. She smiles when she sees you and gives you a thumbs up and a wink. You beam back to her. She did this. She changed the music for you. 
"Yes well," you turn back to the audiance, "You all are in for a very special treat; for you see, the deal was for me to sing a song by a Cube artist, however, i felt that the OST from Boys Over Flowers would be appropriate as my teaser. I'm sure Jared will be after me for this one." you laugh to yourself and the audiance joins in. "This song is definately different from my hip hop and rap style, and i hope it can accurately give you an idea of my album and my personal life. But for you, i will now sing What Do I Do by JiSun."
Again the crowd hollars and cheers for you. The song gets louder and you start into it. The lights above you change to the tempo and you hold onto the mic for steadiness as you empty your heart out in the lyrics in front of everyone. The crowd moves and sways with the song and you soon forget about them completely. You look off into the different lights as you sing. Sing about your father, sing about your ex, and sing about the friends you have now. Somehow, tears fill your eyes and your throat feels thick, but you keep going. You sing each note perfectly, despite what Mel had said about high notes. Tears trickle down your face as you are overcome with your own emotions. You sniff them back when you can, but otherwise you let them fall. The audiance is quiet as you sing. You try not to look to GDragon or JunHyung, out of feeling embarassed for crying. 
You choke back your sobs as the finishing notes come. You sing them loudly and clearly; perfectly. You hold out a long note and finish the song. Then  blackness. The lights go out and the crowd is silent. Everything seems still for a moment. You back away from the mic and pick up your dress as you hurry to retriet off the stage. And then it erupts; the crowd shouts louder than you've heard all night, people applaud and stand on their feet. But you hurry away. You run off stage and into the arms of Cassie. 
You openly sob now as she tries to hold onto you.
"You did so well!" she laughs.
You cry harder as you try to push past her and away from the stage. 
She laughs more as she releases you. Hanna and Mel clap as you go by. You hurry down the steps of the backstage. Your high heels slip on a step and you stumble forward. A shriek catches in your swollen throat as you fall. You are caught in the open arms of GDragon. Your eyes widen as your arms wrap around his neck and his wrap around your waist. He laughs as he catches you, but you're still crying. You look over his shoudler to see Junhyung standing there as well. His eyes are worried as he looks to you.
You shrug out of GDragon's embrace and look to your feet as you try to walk past them. You sniff back your tears, just wanting to hide somewhere so you can get the rest of your emotions out. 
"Where are you going?" GDragon laughs as he reaches out and grabs your hand. 
"Are you okay?" JunHyung asks as he holds his arm out in front of you. 
 You pull your hand away from GD and push JunHyung's arm down. "I'm fine!" you breathe as you try to walk past again.
"Where are you running off too? GD asks again with more humor in his voice.
Does he think this is funny? It's funny that you're crying and just embarassed yourself on stage.
GDragon goes around and stands by JunHyung, blocking your exit. 
"I want to be alone." you sob as your hands go to your face to hide your eyes and stand firm. They wont let you past, so now you have to hide here.
You hear GDragon chuckle and you begin to cry harder. Then arms are embracing you again. Your head is pulled into someone's chest as they hold it there with their hand on the back of your head. You feel their chin rest on top of your head and their other arm wraps around you firmly. They hug you tightly and securely. 
"Ani," you cry, "no."
"Shhh." JunHyung whispers down to your ear. 
"Yah, Sam," GDragon's voice is more soothing now as he speaks from behind Junhyung, "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to laugh. I didn't think this was so serious. You really did do well."
You wiggle in JunHyung's arms for a moment and then push him away. He stands back but brings his hands to your face. He cups your face in his warm, soft hands as his thumbs slowly go under your eyes, wiping away your tears. You look up at him with affection. Gratitude. You give him a reassuring smile, and he stands further back so that GDragon is back in your little circle. 
GD smiles at you with guilt. "You were amazing. Radiant."
You nod but can't find your voice. GD reaches forward and takes one of your hands. JunHyung glances down, but his expression is stoic. GDragon's thumb lightly rubs the back of your hand and then he gives it a squeeze. You sigh and try to take in a deep breath, but your breathing is ragged. GDragon starts to chuckle again and you shoot him a glare and a snarl. He bites his lips and smirks. 
You sigh again and open your mouth to scold him for making fun of you when you cry, but suddenly another group shows up from around the corner and calls out to you. 
"Yah, Samantha!" HyunA calls as she waves her arms enthusiastically.
Your eyes open and you finally are able to smile. Hyuna and 4minute race over to you. Hyuna barges in between GDragon and JunHyung and grabs you in a big hug. You actually laugh as you hug her back and sway with her.
"You did so amazingly!" She says excitedly, "I honestly didn't know you could sing like that! It was awesome!"
"Hyuna!" you coo.
You look over her shoulder to see that the rest of 4minute is there and patting your back. GDragon and JunHyung have backed up to give you girls some room, but they look on with wonder. 
Hyuna pulls you back from the hug to look at you.
"You did so well, Sam!"
"That was the best perfomance!"
"You looked gorgeous!"
"That was so moving, even i cried!"
All of 4minute speak at once and talk excitedly. Gayoon wipes away tears of her own as the others crowd in to speak.
"It was really alright?" you sniffle.
"Alright?! Of course! It was the best!" Hyuna exclaims. 
You smile and nod, feeling reassured and less embarassed. Then your smile fades and you're overcome with fright as Jared storms your way. 
"Uh oh," you mumble, and the group parts to let Jared through.
"What a stunt!" Jared crosses his arms in front of you.
"Yah, it wasn't my idea." you say as you stand your ground.
Jared takes a hold of your arm and pulls you towards the stage, "Let's go, Melanie's performing." he growls as he yanks you away from the others. 
You stumble to keep up with him. You pull your arm away from him and follow. 
"I can't believe you did that..." Jared mumbles as he crosses his arms again to watch Mel perform.
Hanna comes to your side and puts an arm around your waist as you stand with your arms across your chest as well. Cassie comes over and puts a hand on your shoulder. You look to her and smile as you pat her hand. 
"It wasn't her fault, Jared," Cassie says cooly as she smiles back at you. She rolls her eyes. "I was the one that had them change the music. Sam didn't even know."
"Hmph." Jared snorts.
"You have to admit, Jared," Hanna speaks up, "She was great. She sang that song better than she could ever sing Heart to Heart."
"Thank you?" you ask as you look down to Hanna.
She laughs, "The crowd loved it. It was so full of emotion."
Jared nods, agreeing, but still angry. "I know." he states. "It was good. Great even. But it's the idea that you girls didn't listen to me."
"Jared, it's not personal. We took this one into our own hands." Cassie explains.
"Huh, exactly." Jared returns.
"Jared," you slide over and stand next to him, "You know it was a good choice this time. But i've learned my lesson. Didn't you see me embarass myself in front of everyone?"
"But you didn't-"
You nudge Hanna to keep her quiet. "I embarassed myself. I wasn't emotionally prepared for that song and i got the consiquence for it." you say quieter, showing Jared that you truly mean it.
He sighs. "How are you feeling?" he asks after a moment.
You smile. Victory. "I'm fine." you nudge his shoulder with yours. 
He nods and you all watch Mel and then Hanna finish their teasers.

In all, Eclipse's teasers received good attention. Every idol group is brought back up onto stage for the awards announcements. 4Minute stand with Eclipse and Beast stands behind. You glance around the stage to make eye contact with all your friends. CL gives you a smile a thumbs up, Hyuna winks, Yonghwa waves enthusiastically, Hongki shoots you with a finger gun, Dongho smiles. You look behind you to see JunHyung standing right against your back. He looks forward seriously with his hands clasped in front of him. You smile up to him and he smiles back. You laugh as you look around for GDragon. He's in the front with Big Bang but he sees you and smiles. 

The awards are handed out. Big Bang, Beast, 4minute, 2ne1, IU, FTIsland, CNBlue, UKISS, KARA, and Eclipse all win awards in different categories. Everyone cheers together and congratulates eachtoher before joining in for the MNET song for the closer. All the winning groups mix on stage and dance and sing around with eachother. Gdragon comes and stands in front of you. He laughs as he sings to you. Off to the side, Hara from KARA and JunHyung prance around the stage. Everyone seems happy now. Your teaser went well despite crying in public...again, and all of your friends are together and happy. It was a good day. 

 

 

[sorry that was long and boring. had to get past that part for the upcoming chapters. More GDragon and JunHyung on the way. keep reading, commenting, sharing, and subscribing]