Chapter 11 ~ Yong Jae Soon

Eclipse

~Samantha Krede~ 

The next morning you wake up refreshed. You had been exhausted from the performances yesterday, as well as from crying, so you slept soundly. You have no idea what has changed that makes you cry so easily. You slide your fingers up to the area on your neck where your necklace used to be. You exhale in sorrow as you really wish for it back. Being a present from Cassie after you broke up with Keagan... it really means a lot to you. And GDragon had laughed when you cried. He laughed!  JunHyung on the other hand was there to offer his support.
You smile at the thought of him and sigh. 
"Are you up?" you hear Cassie whisper.
You turn around in your bed to face Cassie on the other side of the room. She's hiding under her covers too, but her eyes show bright as she blinks at you from her bed. 
"Yeah, i'm up." you answer. 
"You're awake earlier than usual." she comments, and though you cant see , you can tell by her eyes that she's smiling. 
You laugh a little as you roll onto your back and stretch your arms over your head. "Yeah i know."
"Girls are you up down there?" you both hear Jared shout from his hall on the other side of the apartment. 
"Yah, we're awake!" Cassie calls back.
She chuckles and then throws her covers off. She turns and plants her bare feet on the cold wooden floor below. She hops off her bed to go wake up Melanie and Hanna in the other room. 

You grab your phone from under your pillow and unplug it. You click it on to see all the messages missed from last night. Emails from mom and your sister about your sister's upcoming wedding. An email from grandma and grandpa just catching up and wanting a visit soon. Skype messages from your friends wanting to chat. Twitter mentions from cousins commenting on your performance from last night-though they didn't see it, they still wished you luck and all. An email from your father. Even though you had called him earlier to talk about his video message, you still couldn't speak with him too easily; you were still upset and hurt by him.
And then there were text messages. Messages from CL and Hyuna. CL congratulated you once again and mentioned wanting to see you the next time you're at the YG building. HyunA says that she's glad that 4minute is back in Korea and that she wants to hang out soon to catch up. Then you see a text message from JunHyung.
"Sam," he wrote, "You did a great job performing! I just wanted to tell you. I hope you are feeling better. Sleep and rest well!"
You smile. Such a simple message yet so full of concern and love. 
"I'm fine, thanks," you type a reply, "I don't know what came over me, but thank you so much for your concern!"
You go through and reply other messages before your phone vibrates with JunHyung's reply. Why is he up?
":) It is no problem! You have to work at YG today don't you? How late do you work?"
"I'm not sure. Until about five probably." you reply.
"I know your birthday is soon but i will be busy on that day. Can i come and take you out for your birthday tonight instead?"
Your eyes widen. Take me out? Out? A date? Or just...out?
"Sure that sounds fine! What did you have in mind?" you type.
"I have an idea. When can i pick you up?"
"You have an idea? Well...what type of outfit should i wear for this idea? You have a car? Can i just text you when i'm almost done at YG?"
"Sure that will work. Yeah i don't have a car so i thought we could walk. Is that okay? In which case, wear a disguise ;)"
"Sure ha ha. Oh a disguise! Fun! Will it be far?"
"It will be an adventure ;)" 
You laugh. "Okay then, i will text you when i'm almost done and see you...?"
"At your apartment."
"Okay :)" 
You bite your lip as you lean back on your bed and hold your phone out. You scroll through the text messages once more and reread the conversation. 
"Oh, another message?" you mumble to yourself as you look down the list of notificaitons. "From GDragon?"
"Samantha," GD says, "I'm truly very sorry for laughing at you earlier. I didn't mean anything by it! You did a great job and looked radiant! You're coming to the YG building later today to work on practice for the concert, right? We can talk more then. See you soon!"
You roll your eyes at his message and toss the phone down the bed.
"Yah, are you coming?" Cassie pokes her head back into the room.
"Yeah yeah i'm coming." you grumble as you get up to get ready. 

Jared takes the girls to the Cube building to work. Since none of the others are doing a half and half album like you and GDragon, their collaborations didn't take as long. Your album, along with GDragon, will be the one to come out on a debut stage first. The plans are to debut on music banks and such but at the end, host a big full concert with all the tracks plus songs by GDragon and BigBang and songs by Eclipse. 
Jared pulls up to the YB building and you hop out. You wear jeans with a tank top and your lucky backpack. You have on dark shades to hide from fans and then just normal Onitsuka Tiger shoes and a Fox cap. Once you get back to your dorm, you will change into a better "disguise" for JunHyung. 
"I'll pick you up when you're finished then?" Jared calls out the rolled down window.
"Yeah!" you call back as you make your way up the steps. "Oh wait!" you turn around quickly to catch him before he leaves. 
"What?"
"I forgot to tell you," you run up to the van window so you don't have to shout, "Yong JunHyung wants to stop by tonight for my birthday because he's busy on the actual date. So me and him are going to go somewhere."
"What? Since when? Didn't you think you should ask me first?" Jared raises an eyebrow at you.
"No." you answer cooly, "I know my schedule was free tonight, couldn't i make my own plans?"
He stares at you blankly for a moment before responding. "We don't need to argue about this right now."
"Who's arguing?"
"Just go to your schedule and we'll talk about this later."
"But tonight is fine?" you continue.
"Oh so you're asking me now?"
You narrow your eyes and smirk. "Ani, just confirming."
"Go!" he cracks a smile as he points you to leave. "Just go!" 
You laugh to yourself as you skip away from the van and hurry up the steps. 

Once inside the building, you hurry up to find GDragon in the composing room. You knock quietly before entering. Teddy and GDragon sit at the computers as an artist inside records. They look back at you and smile as they wave you to enter. You walk up and meet Teddy's knuckle touch as you place your hands on the back of GD's chair to watch the artist sing. 
GDragon taps his foot along with the beat and Teddy nods his head. You turn and sit at the couch to wait for their work to be finished before you start to work with JiYong. GDragon wears sweats for once with a loose fitting t shirt and sneakers. His hair i still the short blonde crop look with the pink and purple streaks that you have come to love. This "fashion king" actually looks pretty normal today... and you like it. You think about how you wouldn't mind walking around with the great GDragon when he's just a normal guy. But why does he have to be the fashion king and genius music composer with such an arragant attitude? Wasn't that what a lot of the Korean people thought of him? "The arrogant city boy." You could see that image very clearly, but there was more to him. The fans overseas, like yourself, thought of him more as a "humble musician." So which image was correct? The shy-hearted, sweet boy or the arrogant swag king with an attitude?

"Are you ready?" JiYong's voice brings you out of your thoughts. He looks down to you with a smirk and raises an eyebrow as he offers you his hand.
"Oh, yeah." you shake your head as you take his hand and he pulls you up to your feet. 
He holds on to your fingers a little longer than needed until you pull your hand away to grab onto your bag. 
"Today we need to work on choreography for the songs." GDragon says as he brings his hand to the back of his head and moves towards the door.
"I brought a pair of sweats i can change into." you say as you follow him out.
"Okay, good. You can change in the bathroom outside the practice room. We're going to learn wtih just the teacher today and then later the backup dancers will come learn along."
"Okay that sounds good." you nod as you follow him down the halls.
Just as you round the corner, you see 2ne1 coming out of a recording room ahead.
"Wow!" Park Bom shouts as she points to you.
"Hey look who's here!" Dara squeels as she bounces up and down.
You smile and wave as you walk closer.
"Oh gosh it's going to get loud." GD mumbles. 
You laugh as you near the girls. CL come out from the back and beams when she sees you. She holds her arms out for a hug as she comes towards you. 
"I'm so glad you're here!" she chimes as he embraces you. The other girls surround your hug and you  lose sight of GDragon. 
"Wow, thanks!" you laugh as you and her sway back and forth off balance.
She pulls you away and looks at you with the other girls.
"She looks different from last night." Park Bom says.
You look at her with a forced smile and then exchange uncertain glances around the group.
"Bommie!" Minzy scolds as she slaps her arm.
"What?" she turns to Minzy, "What did i say?" then she looks around the group.
"Why would you say that?" Dara laughs as she moves to put her arms around Park Bom.
"It's okay," you say with a smile, "I didn't really get ready today."
"What are you all saying to her?" you hear GDragon call out from the back. The girls part to let him through and he takes ahold of your elbow, "Are girls really so rude to eachother?"
"What are you saying, JiYong?" Park Bom asks becoming serious.
"JiYong-ah.." you go to interupt.
"Ani! Why do you treat her like that? Is she different from us?"
"JiYong i don't think Bommie meant anything..." CL speaks up quietly. 
"I didn't!" Park Bom nods, "I just meant that she was wearing a beautiful dress last night and now she comes in jeans. That's all."
"She's just as beautiful." GDragon states as he pulls you away.
"JiYong-ah!" you gasp as you are yanked down the hall. "Uh, goodbye CL! Bye Minzy, Dara, and Bom! See you soon!" you call back to make sure they know you are not upset in any way.
Once out of view, you wrench your arm out of GDragon's grasp and he turns to you.
"What was that?" you pant, "So embarassing..." you look away from his ice cold stare.
"You let them talk so formally to you?" he questions.
"They're my friends, i don't care. I always talk openly like that."
"I didn't like it."
"Well, i'm sorry." you look at him with hard eyes. "Do you not like it when i speak so honestly and openly?"
You walk past him towards the direction of the practice rooms. Soon you can hear his footsteps quickly behind you.
"No i like that about you. I just thought they were being too harsh. I thought that maybe people treated you differently."
"Why would they treat me differently?" you mumble.
"Well you know. You stand out around here."
"What? How? Because... because i'm American?"
"How many Americans do you see around here?"
"Yah, JiYong!" you laugh, "You are actually worried that Koreans will discriminate against an American? That doesn't seem true to me. Is that what you were worried about? No one here has discriminated against me in any big ways. At first people looked at us differently but we were a couple of random American girls running around, who wouldn't? But no everyone has been really nice! Why? Do people say or think things about us being here?" you turn to him.
"Ani. I was just making sure. Honestly... honestly i didn't really think Eclipse would be very popular at first because of that. But you girls really are! One of the most popular, too! So i just wanted to make sure you were being treated right." he smiles warmly with soft eyes.
You sigh. "Yes of course we are well taken care of here. Don't worry about such things. I can handle myself." you smile.
"Ya ya ya, i know." he smirks and shrugs past you into the practice room.
You smile and enter after him. How strange. To think that the people there were worried about discrimination against Eclipse. Why would that matter? Why would ethnicity matter about anything?

The practice goes well and you both learn the choreography for the first song quickly. The others should be easier throughout the week and then all the dancers will come together to practice.
You hurry out of the room and grab your phone from your bag to quickly text JunHyung that you're finished. 
"You did well!" Gdragon says as he comes up behind you.
"Really? Thanks! It wasn't so bad, i thought it would be harder." you say as you pack up your stuff.
"It doesn't need to be hard since we're acting it out on stage."
"Oh that makes sense."
You stand up and head for the elevator and GD walks with you.
"I wanted to apologize for earlier. I guess i jumped in too quick. I didn't even really hear what was said, just the scolding. I'm sorry if i embarassed you."
"Oh it's fine!" you laugh. "I don't care! I guess i never thought that anyone would discriminate against me. So i should be more careful. When we first came here Jared told us to really behave ourselves and to talk formally."
"Ha behave yourself?" GDragon laughs as he hits the button on the elevator.
"Yeah, haha, you may not be able to tell but i wasn't the best behaved predebut. I've really changed a lot."
"How so?"
"Well, at first i was really careless. I didn't have much faith in anything. No faith in my family, no faith in friends, no faith in Jared, no faith in God, no faith in school or a career, and even no faith in my boyfriend. So i just did whatever i wanted and didn't care about anything or anyone but myself. But i've learned better now."
GDragon looks down as he smiles, and then he nods. "I'm glad then. Because i think you are pretty great right now."
You feel your face blush and you look away suddenly becoming shy.
"Oh and another thing," GDragon continues as you ride the elevator down, "I'm sorry for laughing at you last night. I don't know what came over me. I just thought... since we both can be honest, i'm just going to tell you." he chuckles nervously.
"Ha okay, i like honesty the best." you laugh.
"Honestly i just thought you were so beautiful on stage. And that song was so pretty. And when you got emotional for it... you looked unbelievably cute. I was just taken back by that sight and so i laughed because i couldn't hide my smile."
You're still as a smile creeps onto your face, making you look down to hide it from him. You clear your throat and nod as you look back up. "I see. It's just that i'm not used to crying in public. It had been two years since the last time i cried, so i felt really embarassed."
He nods along. "I understand."
The elevator doors open and the rest of BigBang are  standing around the lobby.
"Yah, Sam and GDragon!" TOP calls happily as you go to join them.
"Are you done already?" DaeSung asks with a big smile.
"Yes we are." you laugh.
"That was quick." TaeYang comments. 
"Yah, Seungri who are you talking to now?" Gdragon says as he reaches across the group and takes a cell phone away from Seungri.
"Yah, hyung please give it back!" Seungri whines as he reaches for it.
GDragon keeps it out of his reach as he looks at it.
"Why were you smiling like that, you devil punk you?" GD jokes.
You and the others laugh as the  two graple for the phone.
"Goo Hara?" GD says out loud. "Talking to her again?"
"Hyung!" Seungri pulls the phone back and slips it in his pocket. 
"Be careful with girls like her!" GD scolds playfully as he puts his arm around Seungri's shoulders. 
"Are you jealous?" Seungri smirks.
"Aish think kid!" GD gets Seungri into a headlock.
You laugh as you watch the two joke around. "What's wrong with Goo Hara?" you ask TaeYang, "I've seen her before, she seems really cute."
"She is cute." TOP says easily enough. You laugh at his openness.
"Yeah she can be really sweet and nice too." DaeSung adds.
"That's the thing though," TaeYang says, "GDragon thinks that shes a bit of a flirt. She has a lot of close guy friends."
You're quiet as you think. "But, i have a lot of good guy friends too." you say, "I just kind of connect better." you shrug.
"Yeah but you don't flirt." TOP says. "That Hara girl is a known flirt."
"Oh."
"Yeah, GD just thinks she is a bad girl." DaeSung smiles as Seungri and GDragon finish their wrestling to rejoin the group.
"Now i'm hungry!" Seungri says as he pats his stomach.
"Oh that's right, we were planning on going out to dinner!" TaeYang says.
"Oh perfect! Sam, do you want to come to dinner?" GD asks you.
You think for a moment. You did get out of practice early. Just then your phone vibrates and you open the text message from JunHyung.
"DONT EAT ANYTHING!" it says.
You laugh as you shake your head. "I actually have plans tonight." you say without looking up.
"Oh, too bad, i wanted to buy you some pork." TOP jokes as he nudges you.
"Yah, next time you can treat me TOP." you laugh. "I think Jared is here, so i will leave first. Goodbye!" you wave as you head for the doors.
"I'll walk you down." GD offers as he trails behind. "What plans do you have tonight? Something with Eclipse?" he asks.
"Ani, a friend wants to take me out for my birthday since he won't be in town on the actual date." you answer.
"He? He who?" JiYong asks quietly.
"Yong JunHyung." you say quickly.
"Oh."
"Do you know him well?"
"We know each other but not well. He's a popular rapper though."
You nod and smile with pride at your sunbae. "Yes, he is."
"Do you two... do you two have a type of relationship?" GD stammers.
You turn to him, not expecting him to have asked that.
"What?" he asks with wide eyes, "I thought honesty was good."
You turn back. "Yeah, it is." you laugh to yourself. "Uh, JunHyung and i... we're just ...good friends." you nod as you get the words out. 
"Ah, really? Good." Gdragon smiles. 
Good? You shake your head and walk outside to see Jared pull in with the company van.
"There he is," you say to yourself. Then you turn to GD, "Thank you for everything!" you smile. 
Before you can say more, he pulls you in for a hug. Your eyes widen and your body stiffens as he holds you. You blink as your heart skips a beat and your face blushes. He smells good. He smells like cologne and sweat and slightly like smoke. His body is firm and warm and holds you tightly into it. 
"You're welcome." he says softly.
You wait a moment and then you have to be the one to pull away from the hug. You force a smile and back up. "I'm really thankful, JiYong-ah." you continue, "Thank you for helping me with this album, thank you for the dress, and thank you for today." 
Gdragon laughs and looks down again. He looks like such a kid smiling like that! He nods and looks back up. "You're very welcome, Samantha."
"See you later!" you wave as you hop down the steps and get into the van. 
Gdragon waves from the steps and stands there until the van starts to pull away, then you see him turn to go back inside. 

"What was that?" Jared asks.
"What?"
"That. That whole hugging thing. Do you like that boy?" Jared looks back to you from the rearview mirror.
You can't help but to laugh, but honestly, you can't stop smiling. "Ani, we're just friends." you say as you return his gaze in the mirror.
"Didn't look like it. Looked like more."
"Well it wasn't."
"Good."
"Good?" you ask as you turn your direction to the window. "Good why?"
"Because that boy is no good."
"Huh, why do you say that?" you ask, suddenly feeling defensive.
"He's a rebel. Big headed because he gets a lot of attention. Thinks he can do what he wants. Party boy."
"He doesn't seem like that at all!" you argue.
"Not yet, but you don't really know him yet."
"Huh, okay, Jared, whatever."
"Also," Jared continues and you settle in for another argument, "that JunHyung boy..."
Another feeling arises inside of you. "JunHyung? What about him?" you look to Jared in the mirror again.
"He's not great either. Just another punk."
"I never said JunHyung and i were anyting either." you say.
"I know, but this is for future reference. He's had a lot of girlfriends. They both have. Just know that dating here is out of the question."
"Why?" you ask.
"Because. First of all, the culture is too different. Secondly, these boys you're showing interest in even though you say you don't are not the types you should be with. I don't think your family would approve that's for sure.  They're too old for you, punks and rebels, too many girls, too busy; all of that. There's the language barrier also. Oh and the fact that you'll leave to go home to America eventually and leave them behind."
You're silent. You take in all the bluntness that he's just laid out for you. Had you thought about GDragon or JunHyung in a relationship type of way? Not really. But now you are. You like them both, but you haven't really said anything about it or acted on it and Jared knows that. But maybe they like you? Maybe Jared knows that and that's why he's telling you this. Culture and languages can be overcome. Even family situations can be dealt with. But the part about you returning to America, that was legit. Long distant relationships...could they work? 
"Okay." you say quietly as you try to think through everything he as said.
"Okay." he nods, thinking that he has won an argument. 
"I never thought about being in a relationship with anyone, Jared, you know that." you assure him.
"Yes, i know. It's for future reference, like i said." You nod. Future reference. "Just be careful is all i'm saying."
"I know Jared. Have a little faith in me." you scoff.
"I do have faith in you. I know you're a smart girl and i think you're very possible of making the right decisions. It's the boys i don't have faith in."
"Hm, don't worry so much, Jared. The world isn't all that bad. You just need faith."
"It's hard to have faith in such a faithless world." Jared mumbles and you just nod and look out the window, understanding his words. 

You're the first one back to the dorm since your practice ended earlier than expected. Jared comes up and cleans himself up as you change your clothes and get ready. You wear jean shorts and a dressy tank top but with a hoodie overtop. You of course pick out another pair of tennis shoes and head to the kitchen to wait for JunHyung to come.
"Where are you going?" Jared asks as he comes in for some coffee.
"I don't really know."
He looks at you blankly. 
"What?" you ask as you hold back your laughter.
"It's not funny." Jared scolds.
"You're so fatherly, i'm not used to it." you laugh.
There's a sudden ring on the apartment screen and you look to see JunHyung outside. 
"Yah, it's me!" he says awkwardly.
"I'll ring you in!" you answer as you press the key to unlock the door downstairs.
JunHyung nods as he opens the door and goes into the apartment complex. "See you soon!" he waves to the camera and you laugh as you sit back down at the counter. 
You look up to see Jared staring at you with  a serious expression. 
"Okay i'll tell you this quickly," he says, "Be careful and take your phone. If you're in public, do NOT let anyone take your picture! I dont want any scandals coming out! And text me whenever you go someplace new! I want to know where you are the whole time!"
"Oh my god, you do sound like a father!" you start to laugh.
"It's not funny! This is serious!"
"It's JunHyung from Beast! You know him! What is he going to do?!"
"You never know, Sam!" Jared yells and you laugh harder. "Aish really, you always laugh when i scold you."
"I don't know why!" you say between laughing fits.

Suddenly you hear a knock on the apartment door and you jump up to answer the door. JunHyung stands quietly on the other side and looks up when you open the door. He smiles genuinely and you smile back as you let him in.
"I just need to grab my bag!" you say as you run back to the kitchen.
JunHyung follows you in slowly. "Oh, Hello Sir." JunHyung bows and greets Jared.
"Hello, JunHyung, how are you?" Jared asks flatly and you shoot him a snarl.
"I'm fine, thank you." JunHyung replies normally.
You roll your eyes as you take JunHyung's hand and leads him back out. "Goodbye, Jared, see you later." you call over your shoulder.
"Don't forget to check your phone!" Jared calls back.

JunHyung chuckles as you wait for the elevator.
"You're not wearing a very good disguise." he says. 
You really look at him now to see that hes wearing jeans with a hoodie pulled up over his head. He puts on dark sunglasses and smirks as you look him over.
"I didn't know what to wear." you mumble.
"Luckily i thought of it for you." JunHyung says as he pulls out a hat and glasses from his drawstring bag. He comes near and places the hat on your head and then adjusts it just right. He looks into your eyes as he holds your face for a moment before getting the glasses. You laugh as he carefully puts the glasses over your eyes and then stands back to get a better look at you. He purses his lips and then steps closer and pulls your hood over your head. "That's better!" he smiles.
"Do you think anyone will know it's me?" you smile.
"Only if you talk," he smirks as you both enter the elevator and hit the button.
"What's that mean?" you laugh.
"It just means that people will be able to know it's you by your skin and your accent."
"My skin? What accent?"
"You have different colored skin. It's tanner. But it blushes with just a touch." he says as his finger moves gently across your cheek bone; and you can feel your face get warm where he's just touched. He smiles, "And of course you have an American accent. Your tongue is not used to moving in the way to say our words. Just like when we speak english, our tongues are not used to it and so it sounds funny. The same way, your tongue isn't used to it and you sound funny."
"Oh really!" you put your head back and laugh as you bring your hand to hide your mouth. "Okay," you nod, "That makes sense."

You two walk out onto the street and you follow him down the road. 
"We need to take the bus back to my dorm." he says as he puts his hands in his pockets."
"Your dorm? Wae?" you ask as you walk with just enough distance that you two wont touch.
"Since you finished early today i thought i would make you dinner. I made it back home so we can eat and make the train by...six." he looks down at his watch as he speaks.
"Dinner? Train? Hm, interesting." you smirk.
"It's an adventure." he smirks back but looks straight forward. 

You sit by him on the bus and look out the window as it drives. You turn to him at a thought and lean closer to whisper. "You have never spoken english to me before."
He smiles and leans closer to you to answer. "I know."
"Why not?" you smirk.
"I cannot speak english."
"Yes you can." your whispering gets faster as you toy with him.
"Ani, i don't know much. It will sound funny."
"Bah." you turn back to the window and give up. You know JunHyung is not good at English. But then you are reminded of what Jared said about language barriers, and this makes you think of how JunHyung could ever talk to your family or friends back home. 

Once at the Beast apartment, you follow JunHyung up to their dormroom. 
"Are the others here as well?" you ask as you near the door.
"No they have schedules." he answers.
"Oh." 
You're suddenly feeling quiet and a little anxious about being in the Beast dorm alone with JunHyung. Your heart begins to beat faster and you're sure that your face will blush now. You take off the hood but keep the glasses on to hide your face more. 
JunHyung opens the door and smiles as he holds his arm out for you to enter first. You go in and look around the dorm. It seems like it had been really messy but everything has been pushed off to the sides of the rooms against the walls. There is something fresh about the room though... the fresh smell of food; and it smells great.
You turn on your heels, forgetting your nervousness and feeling more energetic with the thought of food.
JunHyung's eyes widen and a smile plays on his lips with your sudden energy rush.
"Did you cook something?" you ask happily.
"Yeah, actually," he laughs, "I cooked it earlier today. I just have to make sure it's still warm and we can eat."
He walks towards the kitchen and you follow behind. The smell is really good and plays with your taste buds already. You take a seat on a stool by the counter as he goes to the oven to get out whatever he put in there to keep warm.
"It smells great!" you encourage, "What did you make?"
"Steak and fries." he states and your jaw drops.
"How did you know that's my favorite food?" 
"What do you mean how do i know? You told me!" he shakes his head as he pulls out a pan with two steaks and a load of fresh fries. He must have just finished it before he went to get you from your dorm. 
"I did?" you mumble to yourself as you look back at all your previous conversations. Suddenly you can't exactly remember what you told GDragon and what you told JunHyung; both are your best guy friends and you chat everyday. 
"Yeah, you did." he laughs as he gets plates out. 
You hop off the stool and walk over to him. "Let me set the table then," you say as you reach your hands out.
"Ani!" he pulls the plates away from you with a smirk, leaving your hands outstretched towards him, "This is for your birthday! You're not allowed to do any work!"
"Wae?" you whine and give him puppy eyes with sad lips, "I don't like it when people do stuff for me. It makes me feel bad."
"Too bad." he says as he shrugs past you and places the table settings down on the low table in the family room. 
"I can do it myself." you mumble as you take the plate with the food towards the table.
JunHyung finishes setting the places and turns to see you coming in with the food. 
"Stop it!" he scolds as he pulls the plate away from you a little too dramatically. "I said no working! Now sit down and wait!"
"Gosh such a rude way to speak..." you mumble as you slide past him and take a seat. 
He smirks as he happily places the food down in the center of the table. He holds your eyes and smles as if he's a waitor serving the best meal on the menu. You smile back and roll your eyes. 
"Almost ready," he says as he hurries back to the kitchen. He comes back with a bottle of wine, two glasses, ketchup, and barbeque sauce.
He places a glass and the ketchup in front of you.
"You know that i like ketchup too." you smile to yourself.
"Of course! You like ketchup with any type of meat practically."
You smile more and nod. "That's right."
He stands and holds onto the wine bottle. You smile as and lean forward to watch him pop off the top. It shoots off with a loud POP and you laugh and clap your hands as some foam pours over. He laughs as he quickly fills the glasses and then sets the wine down. 
"Okay," he says as he wipes his hands off on his jeans, "Take a bite," he leans over and places a steak on your plate. 
You smile as you look at it. It looks well cooked too, he really knows a lot about you. You cut into the meat, feeling his eyes on you. You get happier to see that it is about medium well cooked, your favorite. You squirt on some ketchup and bring the meat to your mouth. You look up at JunHyung to see him eagerly leaning over the table a bit with his eyes focused on you and his hands together under his chin. He smiles as you laugh and taste the meat.
You begin to laugh harder and nod, "It's really good!" you say.
"It's good!" JunHyung claps for himself, "Really? You would tell me the truth?"
"Don't i always tell the truth?" you laugh as you cut up the rest of the meat.
He laughs and nods as he begins to cut his own and add the sauce. You and him sip the wine as you go.
"Did you really make this yourself?" you ask.
"Yes, all by myself. Yang YoSeob wanted to help but i told him i didn't want it. He was around the kitchen while i cooked though. Yoon DuJun too. He kept trying to eat it. I think the others were a little jealous. They kept asking why i didn't make any for them." he smiles and you laugh along.

The rest of the meal goes well and afterwards you try to help with the dishes, against JunHyung's will. After some playful slapping and a lot of running around the apartment, he agreed to let you dry as he washed. You both get the process completed quickly and then Junhyung starts to rush you out of the apartment. 
"We're going to be late!" he says as he puts his disguise back on and hurries you out of the apartment and down the street. He takes your hand and pulls you along with his quick pace, "The train comes at six!"
"Train?" you pant as you keep up.
"Yes, train." is all he answers.
You keep quiet as you two begin to run to the train station. He goes off and pulls out two tickets to the ticket person to let you on the train. You two sit away from others and sit by the windows. 
"Where are we going now?" you ask.
"Adventure." he replies without looking at you.
You smirk and roll your eyes.
You pull out your phone and text Jared about where you are... though you don't really know. You also reply to Hanna, Mel, and Cassie's text messages. GDragon texted you during the dinner, so you decide to reply to him as well since you have time. Eventually, JunHyung hops over to sit next to you rather than opposite and he pulls out his phone. He slips a headphone bud into your ear and plays his music. You smile as you listen along to his songs. 
After a while of just looking out the window and listening to music, you reach over and take his phone. You scroll through his music and find the Be My Love song he had showed to you before, and you turn it on.
He smiles as he glances at you, "You like this song now?"
"I liked it better when you sang it." you answer seriously as you look through the other music.
"Really?" he mumbles.
"Yeah." you reply quietly, "Yong JaeSoon has a nice voice." 
"Yah." JunHyung looks to you seriously with wide eyes. 
"What?" you ask with an innocent expression. "Don't you remember telling me your real name?"
"JunHyung is my real name."
"You changed it."
"I know, for a reason."
"What reason?" you taunt.
He looks away and around at the other train passangers. "I was made fun of in school for that name."
"Yah, your parents gave you that name." you say, "I like it anyways. Those children were fools."
"You like that name?" he turns back to you. 
"Yes," you reply with a slight but genuine smile, "So... may i call you JaeSoon...just at times, not all the time."
He looks straight and smiles as he thinks. "Hm...yes," he looks down as he blushes, "But only at special moments."
"Special moments?" you playfully nudge his shoulder with yours.
"Yes," he replies.
You laugh and nod. "Okay, call. I will only call you JaeSoon when...what?"
"Hm... only when you're very happy and when you are really happy with me." he looks you directly in the eyes and your heart jumps a beat.
"O-okay," you stammer and quickly turn your attention back to the music. 

The train ride lasts for about half an hour and the sun begins to set as you watch the scenery change by the windows. The houses and cities dissappear and more land take its place. Trees, grass, open spaces, smaller towns, bicycles, wagons, cars. 
Soon JunHyung takes ahold of your hand and jumps up.
"This is our stop!" he says as he hurries you along the isle towards the opening doors. 
You hurry to keep up and both of you hop off the train and walk down the road. The air is fresher here; cleaner and not as thick as the city. A light breeze catches your nose and you look up to the setting sun. 
"Are we in the country?" you ask as you look down at the dirt on the roads.
"Hm sort of," JunHyung smirks. 

He takes you down the road and into a small town. The town has festival type of lights hanging up around the shopping centers, and there's a lot of people walking around; different people from the city. Children run around playing in the streets, teenagers laugh as they shop together, couples take pictures by the flowering trees that line the road. 
JunHyung pulls you down into a small alley way and you become more curious as you follow him. Out on the other side is brighter. Yo ufind that your feet are no longer on dirt or cement but on some sort of wood. A board walk. You look up to see a railing, and over the railing is the sea. You're by the ocean! You smile as you skip to the railing and look over. Waves crash onto the rocks below and you can feel the mist from the foam. You close your eyes and take in a deep breath. 
"Do you like it here?" you hear Junhyung's voice next to you and open to see him leaning against the railing, looking around at the shops along the boardwalk.
You turn around to face the same way and look along the crowded board walk. There are a ton of little knick knack shops and clothing stores as well as little stands for different foods and such. 
"I do," you answer him, "I've never been here but i really like it! It's so...so real."
He smiles and nods. "Yeah, it's nice."
He takes your hand and starts to lead you along the shopping boardwalk. Right out across the ocean, the sun dips to meet the water. Your hand fits perfectly in JunHyung's warm grasp as you walk along. He seems like he has a set destination of where he wants to go, so you let him lead along. Fortunately, he lets you stop occasionally to look at something in a store or at a stand. You both jokingly try on different hats and glasses with your disguise, but when you begin to feel like too many people are looking, you leave to avoid being found out. Jared would really be upset if a scandal with JunHyung came up so close to your album release. 

Finally JunHyung stops outside of a stand on the boardwalk as you walk by. You quickly backtrack and make it to his side. You look up at the title of the stand to see that it's an ice cream place. An immediate smile spreads across your face and without thinking about it, you take ahold of JunHyung's hand again and squeeze it.
He looks down to you and smiles. He gives your hand a quick squeeze back. "Do you want some ice cream?"
You nod excitedly, 'Yeah yeah!" you smile.
"Ha, okay," he walks up and orders two ice creams in cones. 
He hands you yours and you take it with both hands like a child. You happily enjoy it as you two walk together down the pier. Soon you start to head into an area of the boardwalk that is far less crowded. As soon as you bring one hand back down to your side, Junhyung takes it up in his again. This gesture has become so natural for the two of you. He leads you over to the railing and rests his elbows on the side as he the rest of this ice cream. You join him on the side and watch the sun near the water from over the railing. You two chat more about working and schedules as you finish the ice creams. Eventually, the conversation leads into talking more about families and more personal stuff, but you dont mind as much anymore since it's Junhyung.
Once the last of the ice cream is gone, JunHyung leans back and brushes his hands off on his jeans. He then bends down and takes off his shoes and socks. He stuffs his socks into his shoes and places them on the other side of the pier, onto the rocks. He stands up and puts one leg over the railing, and then the other.
"Yah," you mumble as you watch him, "What are you doing?"
"Adventure." he smirks at you before he starts to hop down rock by rock towards the water below. You realize that the water here is further away, with a little strip of sand to walk on before you meet the waves. 
You watch him as he goes lower and lower. You look around the board walk to see that not many people are around anymore, and then take off your own shoes and socks and place them by his. You go under the railing and keep following JunHyung down. Hop by hop you two make it down to the bottom. JunHyung holds out his hand for you to take for the last jump, but he doesn't let it go once you're safely on the ground. 
You smile as you walk closer to the water to get your feet wet, but you feel Junhyung tug on your hand and he stears you away from the water's edge.
"You'll get a cold if you get your feet wet," he smiles. 
You roll your eyes. "Ani, i won't." you pout, really wanting to walk in the water. 
He chuckles but leads you along the sand. You two continue the conversation from earlier as you walk along the beach. Soon the boardwalk and the lights from the town dissappear as you go, and it becomes just you and JunHyung on the beach. As the sun gets closer and closer to setting, you can make out a light up ahead. A single light circles around the darkening sky. A lighthouse! 
"Yah, where are we?" you ask.
He smiles to himself, "Yes, that's the same lighthouse." 
"We're all the way back there?" you ask, astonished.
"Yup." he starts to swing your hands back and forth as you near the light house.
You two get to the base of it and look up at the light above. You smile as you feel completely happy and at ease here. This time, it's just you and JunHyung alone. 
JunHyung lets your hand down and you look at him in confusion as he walks away from you and around the lighthouse. You walk just behind him in order to keep up. He goes to the back of the house and pulls something out of his pocket. He inserts a key into a wooden door at the back and turns it. CLICK. He opens the creaking door to the lighthouse and you your head in curiousity. He turns back to you and smiles. He holds his hand out for you to take, and you step closer and place your hand in his. He pulls you through the doorway into the dark lighthouse. 
"What are you doing?" you whisper to meet the feeling of the old home. "How did you get that key?"
"The owner lent it to me." he whispers back.
He leads you to the side of the lighthouse. The place is full of dust and cobwebs. You don't touch anything in fear that you'll hit a spider web of some kind. It's musty and dirty inside, but otherwise rather empty. A wooden staircase wounds around the outside walls and leads up to the open top, where the light itself circles overhead. He leads you to the stairs and you two start to ascend. You become happy that the lighthouse is small as you go up the creaking steps. You hold onto JunHyung's hand tighter as you get higher and your heart beats faster.
"It's okay," you hear Junhyung say from ahead as he gives your hand a squeeze,"We're almost there."
You just nod, too frightened of falling through the creeky boards to the dusty bottom below to reply. Finally he opens a metal door at the top and leads you out to where the light to the house is. It's bright and you shield your eyes from looking directly at it. A railing circles the top of the light house with about three feet of walking room all around the top. JunHyung takes you around to the side that faces the ocean and he sits down, still holding your hand. You crouch down beside him and smile as you two lean up against the light house and look out at the ocean. You spread your legs out over the edge and let them dangle over the side of the light house. You hold onto Junhyung's hand tighter, and he eventually slips his hand out from yours and places his arm over your shoulder to pull you closer to him. 
"This is the best present i think i have ever gotten," you whisper happily as you both watch the sun dissappear into the ocean. 
JunHyung's hand rubs your shoulder and you know he's happy too. "This isn't all." he whispers into your ear, making you pull away a little as you laugh. 
"Dinner. Shopping. Ice cream. Beach. Sunset. What else could there possibly be?" you ask.
He smiles and takes his arm off your shoulder to get something out from his pocket. He pulls out a jewelry box and places it in your hand. You stare down at it unbelievingly.
"Now, it's not what you may think, because i know you and i know how you hate it when people buy you gifts," he explains, "open it."
You fumble to open the small jewelry box, but when it opens, the lighthouse light bounces off the shiny silver inside. Your eyes widen and your mouth drops as you stare at your locked heart necklace. Or at least, it looks the exact same, just cleaner. Instead of the red ribbon that it had come with, there is a nice chain.
"You...this..." you stammer as you take it out of the box, "Is this mine?" you whisper.
You feel him nod. "That's yours, but i replaced the ribbon since it had snapped."
"How did you..." you look up to him and see his eyes focused on the necklace in your hands. He looks up to your eyes. 
"I found it." he says.
"You...came back for it?" He's quiet and you know that's the answer. "i can't believe you found it." you say as you look at it.
"Let me put it on for you." he says as he takes it carefully out of your hands.
You twist a little so your back is to him. You see his hands with the ends to the chain go over your head and in front of your face. Then he pulls it back and connects it in the back. Your fingers reach up and touch the smooth silver of the precious locket. 
"I can't believe it..." you say to yourself as you twist back. 
"You like it?" he asks.
"Of course i like it!" you exclaim as you turn to face him. 
He looks into your eyes and gives a small smile. Suddenly your heart is doing flips inside of your stomach. How did it get down there? Your face feels warm, and the cool ocean breeze moves your hair away from your face. Junhyung's eyes are locked on yours as he nears you. You blink away from him as his nose touches yours. He twists his head to yours and his lips gently meet yours. Your eyes flutter before closing and you kiss his lips back. His are soft and warm. You feel his hand slide up to your face as he holds you into the kiss so you can't leave. But you don't want to leave. His lips gently tighten on yours and as he pulls away, your lips seem to want to stay together. Once parted, he keeps his forehead against yours and you keep your eyes closed as you breathe. You can feel his breath on your lips. 
"Are you happy?" he whispers into your mouth.
"Yes," you breathe out, "Unbelievably happy. Thank you...JaeSoon."
He audibly exhales quickly onto your face and his hand slides back into your hair as he pulls your face forward again and his lips meet yours. 

 

 

 

[omg really long one! sorry i keep accidentally making the chapters long! anyways drama is coming up in the next one. be sure to subscribe/comment/share or i wont keep publishing.]