Chapter 9 ~ Shopping

Eclipse

~GDragon~

Once Sam returned from her Cube TV trip to the beach, she jumped right back into her schedules.  GDragon and her have worked diligently and have finally completed the lyrics and composing of their music; now, they have moved onto teasers. GDragon and Sam have released a thirty second teaser of the collaborated music video. GD told her that later on he will release a thirty second song of his solo, and in return, Sam is to figure out what type of teaser she wants to let out, and then both will finally be able to promote together. She and GDragon have worked on writing, composing, editing, recording, and taping music videos together. The whole process has been rushed in order to get the album out but it’s been going well. Sam has also occasionally met up with CNBlue and FTIsland to work with YongHwa and Hongki on her drama script after the duet album. Overall, both Sam and GDragon have been kept busy for the last couple of weeks, but without the constant cameras from the Cube TV and YG shows, they can accomplish more in a less time.

GDragon walks through the YG building toward one of the music video rooms. Sam is finishing up some of her last video segments for their music video; GDragon has finished his own, and she has finished her solo, but now she’s working on finishing up her last parts of their combined video. After she’s done taping, GDragon wants to take her out for a break from their constant schedules.
He walks into the taping station with his water bottle in hand. He twists the cap around sub-consciously as he maneuvers around the busy workers in the studio. He makes his way over to the set she’s working on and stands behind the television screens. He places his hands on the back of the director’s chair and watches the scene unfold on the television ahead.
Sam is dressed in cargo pants with a tank top and fashionable hoodie. She’s wearing pretty makeup and her new brunette hair has been styled in a naturally messy fashion. GDragon thinks about how cute she actually is. On stage when she first debuted with Eclipse, she had the look of a punk with an attitude. Of course, this was her acting out of her stage presence, but still, GD didn’t think that she could also be sweet and cute.
Now she stands in a club type of scene with splatter paint and black lights for effect. She stands with her back up against the wall of the club and waits for her acting partner to come along. In their music video, it depicts both parts of GDs and Sam’s past relationships. In GDragon’s segments, he works for the heart of his girl, only to lose her to someone else. All that GDragon knows about Sam’s segments is that she was with a boyfriend and then breaks up with him somehow. In the end, GDragon and Sam meet up in the middle. All of this has been filmed except for some of Sam’s scenes with her “boyfriend,” due to her busy schedule.
Her acting partner shows up and moves in. He’s wearing a similar hoodie but with ripped and paint-splattered jeans. He’s an American boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He’s a bigger guy, both tall and with muscles. Very intimidating actually.
“Hmph,” GDragon breathes at the sight of him.
“Good fine, huh?” a sound comes from GDragon’s side. He turns to see YG himself watching the recording process as well.
“Ah, sunbae,” GD welcomes him as he turns back to the screens.
“It is a good match,” the director speaks up to answer from his chair, “The story line is good. The girl is a great actress that’s for sure. This is the final scene now.”
“What’s going on it?” YG asks as he steps closer.
“She’s in the last stretch of her song with that boy. She’s singing as he approaches and corners her into the wall of the club. He roughs her up a bit and then she leaves dramatically. Then it will cut to GDragon’s parts.”
“Roughs her up?” GDragon asks.
“Shh, they’re about to start,” the director states, “Alright,” he calls to the actors, “Go ahead, all clear back here.”
Sam nods and turns to her acting partner. Sam seems different today. Usually she’s happy and full of energy; ready to work. Today she seems melancholy… serious. GDragon his head to the side as they begin their acting segment. Sam’s part of the song plays overhead and she moves to the words.
The club is wild in the background with splatter paint and lights. Sam moves back slowly as the boy advances towards her. He walks slowly with his chest leaning forward as he stares down at her. He seems scary, not like the type of guy GDragon had imagined Sam to be with. He pictured her with a decent guy, sort of calm and goody-goody… but his guy was big and actually sort of… scary. A rebel… or punk. Gangster maybe even.
As Sam continues with the song, she’s backed up against the wall and the boy snarls down at her. Then suddenly his hands take a hold of her shoulders. She winces from his grasp and turns her face towards the camera as she shuts her eyes. The boy nears her until his face is in hers. He quickly shoves her into the wall and pulls away. She looks warn out from the blow and slowly turns to face him with sorrow-filled eyes. A tear, a real tear, slides down one of her cheeks as her hand shakingly goes up to touch the boy’s chest. He yanks her hand away and then his own hands grip around . Her eyes close as she stands on her tippy toes as he lifts her up by the neck. Her hands grip onto his as he grasps her neck until the veins show. Still she sings on. The boy suddenly smirks and drops her and she falls to the ground in one heap. He turns and walks away a bit in the club. Sam takes a moment to stand up, using the wall for support. Then the song takes a twist and her hurt lyrics gain power and momentum. She stands up straighter and then marches over to the boy. She twists him around and lets out a firm punch to his jaw. His head twists to the side with the impact. He turns back to her with his hand on his chin, then he slaps her across the face. She keeps her face turned to the camera and her eyes closed in pain. Then a smile twists on her lips and her eyes open with more fierceness. She whips around and looks the boy in the eyes. His face turns from showing disgust to confusion. Sam smirks as she slides past him and into the club, knocking his shoulder with hers as she goes. She struts through the club with a fierce smirk as she holds onto a heart necklace that hangs from her neck. And that ends the scene.
“Perfect!” the director calls out to them, “That’s a wrap, Sam! Someone get the girl some water!”
“Impressive.” YG allows for the Cube artist’s acting skills.
“It is, isn’t it? It would have been better if she had the real signature necklace for the album, but apparently she lost it at the beach a week or something ago. We had to improvise and get her a similar replacement.” the director talks over his shoulder as he looks over the new footage tape, “And all of this is an actual event from her past as well. So she played it out perfectly, using a lot of emotion. I personally think it turned out well.”
“An actual event?” GDragon quietly asks.
“Yeah that’s what I’ve heard. Apparently her last boy friend was a douche and it ended somewhat like that.” The director clicks his tongue in disapproval, “Couples these days…”
GDragon turns to YG with a confused expression but YG smiles back at him. He claps GDragon on the back, “You did good finding a girl like her. She’s one of a kind. Keep up the good work.”
“Oh, yeah, thanks…” GDragon mumbles as YG leaves.
GDragon turns back to the screens and watches the replay of the scene; the tear, the choking, the punch…

“Ji Yong-ah!” Sam calls as she prances over. “You came!” she smiles.
GDragon turns away from the monitors and forces a smile. He can’t help but study the side of her face where she had supposedly been slapped, and her neck where she had basically been strangled. No marks anywhere from the acting. “Yeah, of course I came!” he says as he pats her shoulder, being sure to be extra careful. “You did great! But… where is the necklace we decided to use as the theme?” he points to the fake replacement hanging from her neck.
Sam looks down and holds the necklace with a thoughtful frown. “I’ve lost it,” she mumbles, “At the beach I think. They said I needed to use a replacement since we filmed the other parts with the other one.”
GDragon nods. He had taken interest in her locked heart necklace shortly after they started working together. He thought of it as a good symbol to use for their album and Sam agreed.
“Oh, that’s too bad.” GDragon says as he looks at the fake. “Anyways, you’re finally done with recording and all! We get to debut on stage together soon! But for now I thought you deserved a good rest. Why don’t we go out tonight?”
Sam’s face brightens and her smile is big. “That sounds great! What did you have in mind?”
“Hm,” GDragon smiles, “Why don’t you go change and I’ll pull my car around.”
Sam laughs as she backs away. “Fine.” She smiles once more before running off towards her assigned dressing room.

~Samantha Krede~

You rush to change your clothes in the excitement of getting to go out with GDragon. Not that it’s a date or even that you feel that way about him, but the idea of just chilling sounds great. All your work seems to finally be finished for now. You deserve a small break before you start to plan the actual concert.

You head back down to see that it’s probably almost midnight already. GDragon leans up against his white car and smiles as you come down the steps. He’s dressed in some type of a suit, and there you are in crappy jeans, t shirt, and hoodie. He wears a dressy black top with a blue tie. The sleeves are rolled up to just past his elbow and he has on dark pants and nice shoes.
“What the heck, Ji Yong,” you whine as you get near, “What are you wearing? Where are we going?”
“It’s a surprise,” he smiles as he opens the door for you, “Get in.”
“Well… I mean am I dressed okay?” you look down at your clothes as you pull your lucky pack higher up on your back.
He laughs as he ushers you inside the car, “You look great but you don’t need to worry about it anyways.”
He shuts the door before you can ask what he means. You watch with a skeptical expression as he walks around the car with a wide smile. He hops into the car and buckles his seat belt before meeting your stare. He winks, “Trust me.”

“Ha!” you laugh as you turn forward and buckle your belt. “Oh, I do!”

He laughs as he puts the car into gear, “Good.” He pulls out of the parking lot and whips down the road. You have wide eyes as his lights sweep across the dark road ahead. You two don’t drive for long before he pulls up to a dark building. You and he talk about music and recording on the way, but when he stops in front of the building, you become quiet as you look out.
“Where are we?” you ask confused.
He gets out of the car before answering and you turn to see where he went. He’s suddenly at your door and opens it for you. He reaches his hand down for you to take and you look up at him.
“I said trust me.” He smiles as he shakes his hand for you to grab it.
“I do…” you mumble as you take his hand and allow him to help you out of the car.
He shuts the door behind you and you look up to the building in front. GD comes up and takes your hand again as he excitedly leads you to the building. He stops at the front door. There are rows of windows with manikins and clothes inside. This is some sort of a store, but there’s no way they’d be open at midnight during the middle of the week. Despite this, GDragon pulls out a key and inserts it into the lock on the door. He smiles as he pockets the key and pushes the door open for you. You look at him as you walk in and stand in the open, waiting to be told what to do or where to go. He rushes past you and gets the light switch. The room brightens and you squint your eyes as rows of overhead lights illuminate stacks upon stacks of new designer clothes.
“Do you own this store?” you exhale as you take it all in.
“Not exactly,” he laughs, “But Beanpole sponsors me a lot so they just kind of let me come and go when I want.” He turns to you and smiles.
“I don’t get it,” you smile back, “There must be an occasion besides us finishing this album together! What are you getting out of this?”
“Happiness,” he laughs.
“Ji Yong, I’m serious!” you playfully pout as you slap his arm and look around at all the beautiful clothes.
“Fine,” he gives in to your sweetness ploy, “I was told your birthday is next week…”
Your mouth drops and then twists into a smile as you laugh and nod. “Of course, Jared told you didn’t he?”
GD smiles sincerely, “Yes. But the thing is, I’m going to be busy the next couple weeks on planning our concerts and dates and all that, so I thought I would do something special tonight instead. Is that… is that okay?” he rubs the back of his head, unsure.
“Of course the idea is okay!” you smile weakly, “But isn’t it too much? I’m not used to having big things on my birthday.”
“Well, this will be your twenty first birthday, it’s pretty special. Plus, it’s your first birthday you’re spending knowing me.” He smirks.
“Psh, arrogant.” You mumble with a matching smirk.
He laughs, “Just accept my gift!”
You laugh along, “Okay, okay. So… what do I do?” you ask as you look around at the clothes.
GDragon puts his hand on his chin as he shifts his weight to one foot. He looks at you as if he’s judging you with his fashion eye; so you do a little turn and hold out your arms to show him what he’s got to work with.
“I think I know.” He points out the direction over your shoulder and starts to get to work.
He picks out dresses, tops, jeans, different colored pants, skirts, shorts, shoes… everything. You obey and try them on as he hands them into your dressing room, but you feel slightly uncomfortable. You feel like he’s doing too much for you. A birthday is just like any other day. Plus, you’re not particularly fond of shopping. GDragon seems to notice this as he hands you yet another dress and shoes.
“What?” he asks, worried, “You don’t like it?”
“The dress? No, it looks nice!” you try to sound confident.
“And besides the dress?” he presses.
You force a smile knowing you can’t get it to reach your eyes. “It’s all very nice! I’m just not used to shopping so much or having someone do so much for me.”
He smiles as he takes it all as compliments. “Well, get used to it,” he shrugs as he pushes the dress to you, “I’m going to be doing a lot for you for quite a while.”
“Ha! And what does that mean?” you ask as you take the dress from him.
“Nothing,” he smiles coyly, “It’s just… you know that I consider you a friend of mine now. A good friend. We work together every week, share meals together, share songs together. We talk everyday have you noticed that?” You nod but keep the same smile. “So you should be used to me now.”
“Oh, I am!” you assure him as you take the shoes and place everything in your dressing room. “Yes, I think I am very used to the sly, arrogant, teasing GDragon.”
“Is that what you think of me?” he smirks.
“Hm, that and more…”
“What more?” his eyes widen.
You give him a wink as you shut the door to the dressing room to change. You hear him chuckle as he takes a seat outside. You dress quickly and slip on the shoes. The dress is a nice, formal white dress made of a light material. It flows nicely. It’s long and reaches the floor, but the front is shorter to show off the jeweled heals he has picked out for you. The dress cuts down in the front just a bit but not enough to be scandalous. It’s tight down through the hips and then begins to loosen and flow more.
You exit the dressing room and stand before him. He had been folding up your used clothes, but when you come out, he looks up and his eyes widen.
“What do you think?” you ask as you turn quickly. The bottom of the dress flows out with your twist.
His eyes widen more and he leans forward. “Do that again.” He says as he makes a twirling motion with his finger. You start to spin again. “Slower,” he corrects. You turn slower and look over your shoulder as his eyes take in your sight. When you stop, he still won’t speak.
“Is it… okay?” you ask, feeling self conscious.
“It’s perfect.” He smiles as he claps his hands together. “I like that one the best, don’t you think?” he gets up and walks over to you.
“Hm, yeah I guess I do.” You say as you look down and straighten it out.
GDragon walks up and looks down at you. His eyes move over your dress and his hand comes slowly up to your side. His fingers lightly rest on your waist as he walks around you.
“That’s perfect.” He smiles to himself.
You laugh and nod. “It’s a keeper.”
“Great!” he turns and gathers other clothes. “Let’s get going then.”
You change out of your dress and go to the front of the store with GDragon. The other clothes are all packaged up and left on the counter. You sigh with relief to know that he didn’t buy everything for you, the dress alone is already too much.
He smiles to you as you come back in your normal clothes.
“Ready to go?” he asks you.
You nod, “Yep.”

He places his hand on your lower back as he leads you out of the store. He locks up the store and then drives you home. You both are quieter; seemingly in deep thought about something. You think about him. About his blonde hair, his clothes, his smile. Then you find yourself staring at him as he focuses on the road and whatever it is he’s thinking about. You gape and shake your head as you turn your direction to the outside window.

He pulls up to the apartment complex that you and Eclipse stay in inside of Seoul. He jumps out of the car and pulls open your door and again helps you out. You smile back to him as you carefully ease yourself around him to get to your apartment.
“Thank you for this.” You say as he takes out your dress and shoe box from the trunk.
You go to take the boxes from him but he pulls them away from you, “I’ll take them up for you,” he offers as he advances towards the apartments.
“No, no, it’s okay,” you assure him as you cut him off and grab onto the boxes. “It’s really late… or early… you should go. You’ve done more than enough, trust me; I’m very grateful. If you do any more I will feel really bad.”
He smiles and lets you take the boxes. “You don’t accept gifts or help well do you?”
“Ha, no actually I don’t.” you laugh, “It’s a type of quirk of mine I guess. I’m not used to it.” you shrug, “It makes me feel weird.”
He rolls his eyes and laughs. You smile back and take a step back to leave. “Thanks again,” you say one last time.
Before he says anything, GDragon grabs onto your forearms and leans in. Your eyes widen as he swoops his face next to yours and you feel his lips press up to your cheek. They stay there for a second… too long, and then he pulls away with a shy smile.
“Goodnight,” he says quietly.
“Huh? Oh, yeah… goodnight…” you say slowly as you turn away with wide eyes.
You make your way up the apartment and turn to see him wave from his car. He waits until you’re inside to leave, and then you quickly go up to your apartment.
“There you are, Sam!” Mel calls as she rushes towards you. “What did he buy you?”
“What? Who told you… Jared…” you shake your head as Mel rushes off with your gifts.
“Did you buy you expensive things?” Hanna asks as she runs to meet Mel.
“I mean… I don’t know.” You rub your head as you feel confused.
“Oh, Sam, you’re back.” Jared walks in from his half of the apartment in his sweats. “How was it? Fun?” before you can answer, he continues, “So those music awards are this Friday. Eclipse has been invited, as well as many others. But Eclipse has also been nominated for Best Rookie Group! Isn’t that great, girls?”
“Really?” Hanna beams up from the dress.
“That is good!” Cassie nods with a smile as she turns to you.
You stare off at the dress, lost in your own world. You hear the others’ voices but you don’t really listen to them.
“Anyways,” Jared continues, “You girls will get to do a special stage, and lucky for you I’ve talked them into allowing a special stage for each of you! This is your chance to release a teaser for your upcoming albums… live!”
“Wait what?” you turn to him in disbelief. “We get our own solo special stage at an awards ceremony?”
“That’s what I said, isn’t it?” Jared raises an eyebrow at you, “You girls can pick a Cube song that fits the style of each of your albums, but you can’t double songs so pick wisely.”
“Can I do a 4 Minute song?” Cassie asks.
“Sure.”
“Does it have to be a Cube song?” you ask.
“Yep, those are the rules.”
“Can I do G.NA?” Mel asks in excitement.
“I said it could be a Cube song, Mel… she’s a Cube artist isn’t she?”
You leave the room as the group chatters and make your way to yours and Cassie’s room. You sprawl out on your bed and stuff your face into your pillow.
“So, what happened tonight?” you hear Cassie’s voice from the door.
You mumble into your pillow.
“Can’t hear you.”
You twist your head to see her sitting cross-legged on her own bed, looking at you with a sly smile.
“I said, how do you know something happened tonight?” you repeat.
“I just know you.” She shrugs.
She stares at you with a knowing smile and you sigh. “I don’t really know. I just feel confused.”
“About what?”
“I don’t know.”
“About GDragon… or about JunHyung?”
How does she always know? “Uh…” you search for a response. “I don’t know,” you shake your head as you give up.
Cassie nods and smiles to herself. You twist and look up at the ceiling to your room for a while. You and she are quiet as she allows you to think. “You know what?” you start in a whisper.
“What?” she plays along.
You turn to look at her again. “GDragon is not… unattractive…”
She laughs as she looks up to the ceiling and then back at you. “Who ever said he was?!” she exclaims.
“I don’t know!” you laugh along as you look back up. “But I guess… I guess I kind of wanted him to be…”
“I don’t understand…” she says.
“I mean… I had heard of him before I met him. He’s an arrogant fool. He’s loved everywhere and just so accomplished. He’s a great musician… and has a great fashion sense,” you close your eyes and smile, “I guess I was kind of hoping he would be unattractive then…but he’s actually one of the best looking guys I think I have ever seen.”
You can see Cassie nod from the corner of your eyes. “Yes, he is.” She allows, “But you know… Yong JunHyung is quite handsome too.”
“Yeah, he is.” You smile to yourself as you think of him.
“They’re both great guys…” she continues.
“Yeah, they are…”
Cassie starts to laugh.
“What?” you look at her with worry.
“Oh, just you. You are a puppy lover.”
“Puppy lover?”
“Yup. You like them both, I know it.”
“No I don’t. They’re so different… I can’t possibly like both. What am I saying? I don’t like either of them!” you exclaim.
“Oh, but you do. You like both. But I mean, why not? Both are great and both fit your personality well.”
“I’ll tell you why not, I’m not ready for any type of relationship like that!” you scoff.
She nods again. “Okay… why do you think that?”
“I… I don’t know. I haven’t liked anyone since Keagan… I don’t even know if I liked Keagan…”
“Well that’s new. You’ve never said that before.”
“So?”
“So maybe it’s because these new boys are making feelings come up that you can’t remember since it’s been so long. Different ones from how you felt with Keagan… which is not a bad thing.”
You think about her reasoning. Why is she so smart? “I don’t know.”
“Ha, okay whatever you say.” She laughs, “But if you ever need to talk about it, you can talk with me.”
“I know.” You turn on your bed and clutch your stuffed animal as you look at Cassie from across the room. “Thanks.” You smile.
“Mhm.” She smirks as she pulls her covers up.
You reach down and get your phone. You unlock the screen to see two new text messages… one from JunHyung… and one from GDragon…
You sigh and put on your headphones as you put your iPod on shuffle. You drift slowly off to sleep as Butterfly plays.

 

 

[check the polls! share/comment/subscribe :)]