Chapter 1 ~ Eclipse & Beast

Eclipse

~Samantha Krede~

“So I’m sure you’ve heard this question before, but may I ask again: what is the meaning behind your group’s name?” the interviewer asks.
“Of course,” Cassie smiles. “Our group name is Eclipse. We saw this as a unique name that has a feeling of beauty and mystery to it. We would like to block out any competition and become number one since an eclipse is when the smaller moon blocks out the larger sun. Also, since eclipses can be seen by many at the same moment, we want to become world-wide idols.”
Cassie is a great leader. So headstrong and confident yet kind and caring. She has such a loving heart. She takes good care of us. She was the perfect choice as leader of us.
“Right,” the interviewer continues. “You are a four member group, relatively small, and you wish to overcome the greater competition. You debuted just a month back and have already gathered much attention from fans everywhere. You are the first ethnically diverse kpop group. I have your member profiles here, would you mind running through them with me so the fans can know more about you?”
“Yes, of course.” Cassie answers first as Hanna nods her head along with a bright smile.
You and Mel take a while to fully understand as Jared quickly translates everything the interviewer is saying from the hidden headset in your right ears. As soon as he finishes you and her smile and agree as well.
“We will start with you then, Cassie.” The interviewer pulls out a folder and opens it up. “Your real name is Cassandra Carter. Your native language is English and you are also fluent in Korean and currently studying Mandarin is this correct?”
Cassie nods.
“You are now twenty one years old and blood type O. You are 172.72 centimeters and 56 kilograms. Your position is leader of Eclipse as well as the power vocal. Now here it says that you specialize in this power vocal but you and the rest of the group is well rounded. Can you explain that?”
“Sure, what we mean by well rounded is though I specialize in power vocals I can also sing in the melody.”
“Ah I see. Continuing, you enjoy playing the acoustic guitar and the fashion field. You are originally from Texas in the United States but moved to LA when you were 17 where you attended a musically focused high school. This is where you met Sam as well.” You nod and smile as you look to Cassie. “And you signed on with Cube entertainment when you were 19.”
“That’s right.” Cassie replies.
“Why don’t you tell us more about you personally? Family, friends, relationships, inspiration.”
“Certainly. My mother is English and my father is African American. I have a big family with two older siblings and three younger. I am of the Christian faith and have been since I was young and actually this is where I get a lot of my inspiration. People think that all of our songs so far are about relationships with boys and all but actually they are also about our faith and families. We just write them broadly so they can speak to fans in more than one way.”
“Ah yes I see, I have noticed that. That is another reason why your music is very popular. Now, are there any relationships personally that you have been through? Because I understand that you do a lot of the song writing.”
“Yes Sam and I do the song writing. And… yes I am actually currently in a relationship. My boyfriend of three years is still in LA.”
“Oh wow! A long distance relationship! How do you manage that?”
“Well,” Cassie blushes slightly as she smiles about her relationship with John at home. “We met when I came to LA and have dated since. We just make sure to keep in contact. Relationships require a good amount of trust and honesty and we try to keep both so we are doing quite well in our relationship. It gets hard with the distance and time zones but we manage alright. I prefer to keep his identity a secret from the public though.”

“Get ready.” Jared whispers to you through your earpiece. “She’s going to turn to your profile next and I’ll do my best to translate quickly.”
You nod slightly so he knows you understand.

“That’s understandable.” The interviewer nods and flips through her papers. “Now on to the next member, Samantha Krede.”
You flinch at the sound of your full name but smile anyways.
“Sam,” the interviewer looks through your profile. “You are currently twenty years old. You are originally from Ohio in the United States where you showed an interest in acting at age eight. You added rapping and dancing when ten and found a talent agent at age thirteen. It says that your family moved to LA to pursue music at the same high school as Cassie when you were sixteen.” You smile and nod. “Did you and Cassie meet and become friends right away?”
“Actually we met right away but were not friends right away.” you and Cassie laugh. “We were put into the same dorm room as roommates at that private arts school. We are quite opposite when it comes to personality so we didn’t like each other… or I at least didn’t like her. But after a while with her you will find that it’s nearly impossible not to like Cassie.” You smile at the memories.
“I see that.” The interviewer laughs as she looks back to your profile. “You are a blood type B, 172 centimeters tall, and weigh 55 kilograms. Your native language is English but you are fluent in Spanish as well and are still learning Korean.” She smiles as she knows about your earpiece. “You are the group’s rapper but as Cassie has said you also are in the melody. You enjoy playing competitive sports like soccer, you like to play around on the drums, and you love hip hop and break dancing. You are the group’s aerobatic star as you can do many flips and such. Why don’t you tell us more about you personally?” She smiles at you.
“Well,” you start, “I too am a Christian. I have been since I was young but just a few years back I really became a better one I think.”
“What do you mean by that?” the interviewer questions.
. Be more careful about what you say.You unconsciously touch your heart necklace as your memories swarm you.
“Well I went through some hard times that I would like to not talk about at the moment.”
“I see.” The interviewer nods, a little thrown off by your blatant honesty. “Continue then.”
“Well, I am an average American mutt. Just a normal blonde-haired, green-eyed American girl. I have an older sister and a younger brother. And I had a boyfriend at the age of sixteen to about eighteen. Cassie and I went to an audition together and both got recruited by Jared for Cube entertainment and I signed at eighteen.”
“You mention a former boyfriend, do you mind sharing about that?”
“Well, I will just say that we broke up on some bad terms so I will keep his identity a secret as well.” You can’t help but blush.

“Okay, we will continue on to the next member, Melanie Shoaffer.”
Mel sits up straighter and looks to you with wide eyes. You smile to encourage her.
“Mel,” the interviewer reads her profile, “You are eighteen years old and are French. Your native language is English but you are fluent in French and learning Korean. You are blood type A, 165 centimeters, and 54 kilograms. You are the group’s visual and main dancer. Your interests include volley ball, playing the piano, drawing, ballet, and choreography. Do you mind telling us more about yourself?”
“Sure.” Mel smiles sweetly as she pushes her long, wavy brown hair away from her hazel eyes. “I am originally from LA. Both my parents passed away in a car accident when I was young. I am the youngest with three older brothers so I grew up with my grandmother. Originally I was a naturalist, meaning that I didn’t really believe in a god but after knowing Cassie and Sam for awhile I converted to Christianity as well. I am a strong vegetarian. I attended the same school as Cassie and Sam but I did not know them until I signed with Jared at the age of sixteen.”
“Oh I am very sorry about your parents. You must be very close with your grandmother.”
“Yes, I am. It is hard to be away from her for so long but I keep contact with her often.”
“How wonderful. Now, though you do not write much of the lyrics, do you have a past with any young gentlemen?”
“I do actually. I dated when I was sixteen but we broke up when I signed with Cube.”
“Oh I see. I’m guessing we will keep your past and his identity a secret as well.” The interviewer smiles.
Mel laughs and nods, “Yes, I think that would be best.”

“Alright,” the interviewer giggles with Mel as she shuffles through the papers. “Now onto our final member of Eclipse, maknae Hanna Sato. Hanna, you are originally from Japan but you and your parents moved to LA when you were fourteen. Your native language is Japanese but you are fluent in English and Korean. You are now sixteen years old, blood type A, 165 centimeters, and 52 kilograms. You are the group’s main vocal but also have been noted to be an excellent dancer and power vocal. You enjoy photography and playing the violin. Is there anything else you would like to add?”
“Sure.” Hanna smiles sweetly and all the eyes in the radio room turn to her. “Well, I am an only child. Both my parents are Buddhists actually but after meeting my unnies I changed over to Christianity. Unlike my unnies though I have not had a boyfriend yet.”
“She is too young for one.” You smile and the rooms laughs with you.
“Yes, we watch out for her well.” Mel adds.
“Yes,” Hanna smiles, “I also was the last member to join with Eclipse at age fourteen.”
“Very nice everyone.” The interviewer claps. “Now, you all have been trained under Cube. Are there any sunbaes that have helped you along the way?”
“Yes 4minute unnies and B2ST sunbaes have really been a great help to us through our debut.” Cassie answers.
“I see. Have you developed any close friendships?”
“I think that since we all have very distinct personalities we each bonded with different members.” Cassie explains.
“Can you give me some examples?”
“Sure. I personally have become close to Ji Hyun in 4minute.” Cassie says and then looks to you.
“Yes,” you start, “I have grown quite close to Hyuna in 4minute and JunHyung sunbae in Beast.”
“Yes Sam you have made a few headlines in articles because of your closeness with the Beast members.” The interviewer adds.
“Yes, I think it is because I am more of a tomboy.” You laugh.
“Who all in Beast are you close with now?”
“Well, I’m quite close with all of them. But I find that I get along especially well with DuJun, JunHyung, and YoSeob. Honestly, they’re all so nice that it is easy to be friends with all of them.”
“That’s true. Let’s hear from Mel then.”
“Well, GaYoon unnie and I seem quite alike and will talk often. Also KiKwang and HyunSeung from Beast because we often dance and workout together.” Mel laughs.
“And Hanna?”
“I really like JiYoon unnie and YoSeob sunbae.”
Hanna smiles innocently.“And how is it that all of you got into the whole kpop scene?” the interview asks.
“Well,” Cassie begins, “truthfully I’ve never known about it until Jared found me.”
“Me either.” You add.
“And Jared found Cassie first is that correct?” the interviewer asks.
“Yes that’s right.” She replies. “I signed on first.”
“What did you all think about when he told you that you were going to be idols in South Korea?”
You all exchange glances and smiles.
“Honestly,” you say, “I didn’t take Jared up on his offer. Not for awhile. He showed me some music and I just wasn’t into it. But since I roomed with Cassie unnie, she got me into it. UKISS was the first kpop group I actually liked. Once I talked everything through with my family and Jared, I decided to sign with him. After that we went through intense training along with our school work plus special classes to learn the Korean language and culture.”
“I knew about kpop before Jared but not well. But I knew a lot of international music so I didn’t mind much.” Mel says.
“I didn’t either.” Hanna adds. “I was into Jpop and stuff from home but also a lot of American music. So adding Korean was nothing new to me.”

The interviewer nods along. “You all met UKISS here first. Are you close with the group?”
“Yes we have all become pretty close with them as well.” Mel answers.
“Are there particular members in that group that each of you has bonded with and members you didn’t?”
“SooHyun and I talk often. Eli too.” Cassie nods. “And, Kibum and I did not get along particularly well at first but now we are good friends and I find him really funny.”
“Honestly, DongHo and I got along quite well.” You smile. “And at first Xander and I didn’t get along well either but now I see him as really funny and a great guy. So I like him a lot.”
“I like Kiseopie.” Mel smiles. “He was really nice and funny in his own way. I don’t think I didn’t get along with any members.”
“And I liked DongHo and Kevin.” Says Hannah. “Kevin was just really sweet and Dongho was closer to my age.”


“Very nice, I see now.” The interviewer nods. “We’re running out of time but we’ll address one of the questions that fans have sent in requesting for.”
You all nod and smile as you anticipate what type of questions could be coming in.
“A common one I am seeing that has come in is wondering if there were any members with body tattoos.”
You all look around and laugh.
“Yes two of our members have tattoos.” Cassie answers. “I have this tattoo on my left wrist that says Faith with the t as a cross. And Sam…”
“Yes, I have a tattoo on my right hip of a treble cleft and a bass cleft that form a heart.”
“Are there meanings behind your tattoos?”
“Mine is a remembrance of my faith. Just as my faith will never leave me, neither will my tattoo.” Cassie explains simply.
“I got mine at the age of eighteen because that is when I fully committed myself to music.” You only tell half of the story to avoid telling about your hard times.
“Will any other members get tattoos in the near future?”
“I am actually against tattoos.” Mel says with a laugh.
“I am too young.” Hanna pouts.
The room chuckles and the interviewer gathers her stuff. “Well, that’s all we have time for today, loyal listeners. I’m sure you are all very happy to have heard from Eclipse, Cube’s new four member, ethnically diverse girl group! They have many talents so be sure to tune into their upcoming television show program!”
“Thank you for having us!” Cassie exclaims and the rest of you follow along with gratitude.
The hostess nods and continues to close the program.

You wait for the signal that you’re off air before you all smile and congratulate each other on your last interview for Eclipse's debut album. Cassie shakes hands with the interviewer as you, Mel and Hanna bow. On the way out you pull out your ear bud as you make your way back to Jared.

Jared Regan is Eclipse’s personal manager from Cube. He’s an American man with dark brown hair and eyes. He’s in his mid thirties and quite handsome. Still immature and a bit of a playboy, he hasn’t yet settled down with anyone. He is a great manager though. He’s smart and protective like a father but real and caring like a friend. Being a part of Cube, he was fluent in over seven different languages.

“Good job girls!” he smiles as you come out of the radio room. “And next up is your solo albums! You each need to start putting more thought into how you want to do each of your albums. You all earned a good night’s sleep. Let’s head back to the rooms and gather your stuff.”

You all make your way down and out of the tall radio building. It’s a short drive through the lighted city of Seoul back to the Cube Entertainment building. You all head in to your dressing room to gather your stuff.
Once you walk into the room there’s suddenly a loud exclamation and a lot of talking.
“Congratulations!” DuJun shouts as he claps.
The rest of Beast follows his lead in clapping and congratulating.
JunHyung pops off a Champaign bottle and laughs as it overflows with foam. YoSeob sticks his mouth over the bottle to stop the flow and everyone laughs.
“What are you all doing here?” Cassie exclaims.
“You have successfully wrapped up the last of Eclipse’s schedules before your show.” DuJun explains. “We wanted to celebrate!”
“Celebrate how?” you ask as you move towards JunHyung and the Champaign.
He smiles as you come closer and hands you the bottle. You throw it back once with a good gulp before handing it back to him and wiping your mouth. He laughs at you as he brings the bottle to his own lips. His half shaved hair is still styled from their schedule from the day. A design is shaved into the side and you look at it with interest as he smiles at you. You and JunHyung really became the closest out of anyone else you had met in the kpop industry so far. You two were just so alike and got along well. At first he had seemed quiet and reserved, but now you and he spoke out to each other freely and comfortably.
“Karaoke bar!” HyunSeung exclaims in poor English and everyone laughs.
You turn your attention to him but still feel JunHyung looking at you with a smile.
“Oh how fun!” Hanna exclaims and YoSeob laughs as he takes his place by her side. YoSeob had taken up the open opportunity of becoming an oppa for Hanna.
Her cuteness was too much for him to handle. It was nothing romantic… yet… but he still protected and cared for her as much as he could. She and he would most likely collaborate together on her upcoming album. She had the voice of an angel and his would match perfectly.
You smiled and turned back to JunHyung. He smiled as he handed the bottle back to you.
“Did the interview go well?” he asks you as you take another drink.
You nod. “Yes I think so. It’s hard to explain myself so I’m hoping that people will be able to understand me better by watching our show.”
JunHyung nods.

You wonder if you and JunHyung could collaborate on your album. That would be fun and easy. Plus his composition would turn out well. You smile at him as you hand the bottle back and he takes a drink without taking his eyes off of you.

You and the rest of Eclipse get back to the company van. It took a little effort to talk Jared into letting you go off and have some fun but he agreed to it in the end. He and Beast’s manager will be chaperoning the event. The Beast boys took their own van and everyone will meet up at the karaoke bar.
“Yah! This will be so fun!” Hanna claps her hands, excited to be able to stay out late tonight.
“We’re going to be tired for schedules tomorrow.” Cassie says as she looks out the window.
“Yep,” Jared calls back from the driver’s seat. “And tomorrow is the first day of the reality show so you all are going to look tired.”
You exchange glances with Cassie and roll your eyes as you two snicker. Jared always tries to get his way by nagging like that.
“Anyways, the camera crew has the access code to the dorm so they’re just going to come in at around eight in the morning. It’s up to you to be up and ready by then since I’ll be at the company already. So Cassie it’s up to you to get everyone up and ready. The driver will be sent at eight thirty to bring you to the company.”
“Okay.” Cassie replies with a smile and a look at you.
You smile back and turn back to the window rain drops begin to fall and streak down the window. You smile as your finger traces the outline of a drop across the window. Hanna sings to herself as she plays music on her headphones and Mel listens to her own as she draws on her sketch pad. You put on your own Soul headphones and enjoy your music until Jared pulls up outside of a popular karaoke bar in the middle of Seoul. It’s around midnight now and everything is lit and crowded despite the weather. You and the rest of Eclipse become filled with energy as Cassie pulls open the door. Parked in front of your van the Beast boys hop out of their car. Some fans recognize both parties and begin to squeal and take pictures.
This will be in the headlines tomorrow,you think to yourself as you jump out of the van.

“I’ll go park the car, go get a room.” Jared calls to us through the open window.
“Okay.” You girls call back as you walk towards the club.
JunHyung makes it to your side quietly. He seems tired but excited to be out. You smile as he comfortably stands by your side. Yoseob heads to Hanna and the two bounce around excitedly like kids. Cassie and DuJun meet and talk a bit before heading inside.

The vans pull away to park out back as the group heads in. DuJun and Cassie ask for a large room to fit twelve. You sit on the waiting bench and JunHyung sits by you. You have your lucky backpack still on but you don’t think it will be a long wait for a room. JunHyung already has his iphone out with his headphones. He untangles them and puts one in his ear and puts the other in your ear. Your body freezes at his touch. He easily slides the headphone into your ear and pushes it to keep it in. Your hand inches up and goes under his to keep the bud in. He smiles and goes to his music. He turns on a slower song. A song that you’re not used to him listening to.
“What is this?” you ask him as you sit back.
He sits back with you and smiles. “It’s ‘Be My Love’ by Quiett.”
“I haven’t heard this one before.”
“Well, there’s a lot of music you haven’t heard of.” He smiles.
You laugh. “That’s true.”
JunHyung knows that you don’t know too much Korean music since you’re still pretty new to the whole kpop music scene.
You smile as you watch Dongwoon and YoSeob try to get Hanna to laugh, which isn’t hard for the silly little girl. KiKwang and HyunSeung talk to Mel about choreography and working out. Cassie and DuJun wait at the counter for the people to return to you to the party room.
You sigh and listen to the song with JunHyung. You lean your head back against the bench and close your eyes completely at peace.
You feel someone nudge your hand on your lap and open your eyes to see JunHyung handing you his iphone. You take it from him as you look into his eyes. He smiles and looks away as if he’s patiently waiting for the hostess to take us up to the karaoke bar.
You look down at the iphone to see that he has opened up the notebook app and typed a message to you on it. It says “What are you thinking about?”
You smile as you type back. It takes you awhile as you analyze and proof read your answer, still not confident with your writing in Korean. “Just that I’m happy.”
You look at him but he keeps his eyes on DuJun and Cassie. He’s leaning forward with his forearms resting across his legs. His hands are clasped together in front of him. You carefully poke his shoulder. He turns to you quickly and you smile as you hand it back.
You sit back but watch him as he reads your answer. You can see a small smile twitch on his lips and his tongue comes out just once quickly as he types a response. “Why are you happy?”
You type back. “Hmm… because our schedules are going well. The rain is nice outside too. And I think the karaoke bar will be fun.”
“You like the rain?”
“Yes, keke, I like the rain more than the sun.”
“Why??”
“I don’t know! I just feel better when it’s raining.” You think about the truth behind that sentence and you hope he won’t catch the feeling that you’re keeping something from him.
“You are the only person I know that is happier when it is rainingJ” he responds and you smile.
You sit for moment thinking about a response. You could tell him the truth. You could be open with him this once and just tell him that you often feel down. The Eclipse girls know. Jared knows. And JunHyung has become a good enough friend to know too, right? It’s nothing too important. Everyone feels depressed randomly all the time. Can you tell him that you feel better when it’s raining because the world on the outside looks darker and sadder than you feel on the inside?
You are about to type a response when DuJun calls to you all.
“Let’s go!” he waves you all to join and you quickly quit the app on JunHyung’s phone. You hand it back to him and smile as you pull out the headphone. He smiles at you as you get up and quickly go to join the others.

You all get crammed into an elevator with the hostess. You stand against the wall and grab onto the handle along the back. You close your eyes and take deep breaths. Heights. You hate heights. Even on stairs or elevators or anything you hate them.
Hanna stands next to you and grabs one of your hands. You open your eyes and turn towards her. She looks worried but gives you an encouraging smile. You smile and squeeze her hand back. You look straight again.
You didn’t notice JunHyung standing next to you until he reaches over and puts the headphone back in your ear. Be My Love is still playing. He must have played it over. It really is a nice song. You smile and hold the bud in again. He leans up against the wall as the elevator rises. He seems completely at ease.
Finally the doors open and you smile overjoyed that you can leave the crowded little box that is pulled by ropes.
You exit a little too quickly, and the ear bud gets pulled from your ear. Your group is loud and excited as you all walk down the hall towards the party room.
“I call first dibs!” Yoseob exclaims as he shoots his hand into the air as if he’s a kid in school.
“Ani, you always go first.” HyunSeung says.
“Always? When do we ever go to karaoke bars?”
“All the time!”
“Don’t lie.” Yoseob laughs. “We haven’t been to one in a long time.”
“I’ve never been to one.” Hanna says quietly.
“Oh really?” YoSeob smiles as he throws his arm around her shoulder. “Then you can go with me for the first one, I’m a pro!”
“Don’t lie.” HyunSeung mocks.
The group laughs as the hostess opens a door on the end to a big open room. One couch stretches out all along the back wall and a single table is in front. On the opposite side there is a large flat screen television and multiple mics. The walls are painted blue and there are two windows on the far wall. You smile as you towards them and open both just a crack so you can feel the cool air outside.
You turn to see Junhyung plop down on the couch closest to the windows, but he’s left a small opening on the end by the window sill. Just big enough for you. You smile and roll your eyes. You walk towards him before Mel grabs your arm and swings you the other way.
“Let’s go first!” she chimes excitedly.
“No! How embarrassing!” you say as you try to pull away from her grasp.
She holds on tighter and bounces up and down as she pouts. “Unnie, please! It will be fun! You will have to sing eventually. Since when is the fearless Sam scared?”
You glare at her and then give in. You’re not scared.
The group spreads out through the room. Yoseob stands close over excited to hear you all sing.
Mel scrolls through the songs and you look over your shoulder. DuJun has sat next to JunHyung and Cassie next to him. Dongwoon joins YoSeob and Hanna stands by Mel. Kikwang and Hyunseung stand on the sides of the room.
JunHyung smiles at you and raises an eyebrow. You smirk back and roll your eyes.
“This one!” Mel exclaims.
“Good pick! Good pick!” YoSeob jumps up and down as the others laugh.
“Which one?” you ask as you turn back.
Abracadabra by Brown Eyed Girls comes up on the screen.
“Why that one?” you whine.
“You like this one, Sam,” Mel says, “It was one of your first favorite songs by a girl group from here.”
“Arghhhh.” You whine as you take the mic.
The music starts to play and you laugh as you read along with GaIn’s part.
“You’re doing it wrong!” Yoseob shouts.
“How?!” you shout in the middle of your part.
“You have to dance too! Move your hips!” he exclaims as he jumps into the dance.
You laugh and look next to you to see Mel quickly jumping into the dance. You shake your head and jump into the stance. You shake your hips and go in the circle as you sing.
Mel goes next and you two continue taking parts of the song. After you sing Miryo’s rap, Yoseob takes the mic from you and takes over. You laugh as the whole room comes together to do the dance for the last time. You laugh and fight your way to the back. You plop down on the couch and run your fingers through your hair and sigh.

“Fun isn’t it?” JunHyung smiles as he sits by you.
“A blast.” You laugh.
And you’re not lying. Everyone is laughing and having a great time.
The door to the party rooms opens and Jared and Beast’s manager enter.
“Here’s the party!” Jared exclaims as he moves to see what song we were playing.
YoSeob wants to go next and Hanna jumps in as well. The two search for songs.

The night continues on like this. Everyone shouts and laughs as they sing. JunHyung, YoSeob, DuJun, and KiKwang join together to parody Eclipse’s first hit. You laugh as JunHyung takes your rap, DuJun takes Mel’s parts, Kikwang takes Hanna’s, and Yoseob does Cassie’s long notes.

When B2ST’s Beast is the Best comes on next you jump up and take JunHyung’s part. You grab his mic and go right into it as he laughs. He stands by your side as you finish it up and then you can’t help but laugh with him. His smile is so big that all of his teeth show. His hand goes up to hide his smile and you laugh as you playfully slap his arm to put it down. You haven’t really had an opportunity to see him so playful. He’s so…cute. So different from his usual chill, whatever attitude. You like him both ways.

The room becomes hot as everyone dances and sings and jumps around. The windows eventually are pulled open all the way. The managers leave and bring back a pizza and some beers. You and JunHyung jump at the chance to drink. He keeps up with your drinking level but you know you can hold alcohol better than him.

The rest of the night is crazy and loud. The next thing you know you are back in your bed in the dorms with Cassie in the opposite. You and Cassie share a room while Mel and Hanna share across the hall. On the other side of the apartment, Jared has a room to use with his own bathroom. Even though you girls are split up, you often find that Mel and Hanna like to climb into your bed at different times. Especially Hanna. Afraid of thunderstorms, you wake up in the middle of the night to find Hanna asleep at your side. You smile to yourself and your mind begins to wander.
You think about Eclipse; your four best girl friends. You think of Cassie and John, her boyfriend back home. How hard it much be on them to meet and fall in love so young when they have to be separated for so long. And Mel, her heart is still fragile after her boyfriend had broken up with her just before debut. You smile at the thought of Hanna, though. Such a naive and innocent child; still far too young and playful for a boyfriend. You wish you were like her still. Your head becomes swarmed with the memories of you and your old boyfriend. Your old everything... now your nothing. The worst guy you have ever known in your entire life, right there next to your father. You feel a sense of strong relief to have broken up with him but also of the pain and fright he had caused you. You subconsciously grab a hold of the heart locket around your neck. A gift from Cassie after your hard times. It brings you tranquility.
Then your mind drifts to Beast sunbaes. They're all so kind and talented. You smile just at the thought of them. DuJun. HyunSeung. YoSeob. Kikwang. Dongwoon. JunHyung. JunHyung.

You shake your head and try to clear your thoughts. You drift into the darkness behind your eyes and fall asleep.