Chapter 7 ~ Orion

Eclipse

~Yong JunHyung~

She sighs in his arms as she sleeps. Her breathing has finally become more even as her shoulders rise and fall with each breath. JunHyung holds onto her and stares up at the beach stars. He hadn't expected the night to take this sort of turn. He thought that he could perhaps find a good moment to pull her away to be by themselves so he could finally tell her... confess to her about his feelings for her.

JunHyung had felt strongly about Samantha ever since he first met her in the Cube recording studio. She didn't smile too much like most other girls, but when she did, she had the prettiest smile that reached her eyes. Her hair was soft and smoothe and just lying there on the beach with her in his arms, JunHyung couldn't stop touching the tips of her hair. He didn't want to let her go. She had just taken a big step in telling him about her life like that. JunHyung had always thought that there were things that she was keeping from him... but he didn't think it was going to be like that. Sam's father abonded their family and Sam felt responsible. She wasn't technically the bread winner for her family... but in away she was their strength...their stronghold. And who was that guy she had mentioned? Keagan? JunHyung scowled at the thougth of his name. JunHyung always knew Sam dated just one other boy back in LA... but he had no idea how serious it had been. He was dying to know more about this Keagan guy, but not now. Not when she was like this. Not if she was going to tell him out of stored emotion. JunHyung wanted Sam to tell him all of this the way she wanted to... and she didn't want to tell him like that. She had cried. Broken down. The tears lighted her eyes and made them look more beautiful then ever before... they really looked like the ocean with the gleam of the moon reflecting in it. But at the same time her expression was bad. He got the same feeling from it as the feeling of a knife being stabbed into his heart. With each tear it felt as if someone was twisting the knife inside of him and he couldn't bear it.

So now he had her in his arms... something that he's been wanting for a long time. He had her friendship, but he wanted something more. He wanted her trust. Her joy. He wanted to be the comfort to her... not Keagan.

JunHyung sighs as he thinks about how he and Sam got to be so close so fast...and about how he could possibly get the courage to tell her that he wanted to be closer.

~Samantha Krede~

Your eyes open a little to see that it's still dark out. You close your eyes again and moan as you twist your head against the pillow and sniff. Your nose scrunches up at the unfamiliar smell. The pillow... feels harder than it should be. You open your eyes again and glance down. JunHyung. This is not your pillow...you're still lying on top of JunHyung on the beach. Then you realize that his arms are still securely wrapped around you. His chest rises and falls in a rythmic beat and you feel his breath on top of his head.

He must be sleeping.

You carefully try to pick up his arm so that you can slide out. You wriggle free and sit up to face the beach. You moan to yourself as you run your hands through your hair.

Did i really just cry in front of everyone? Did i really just say all of that to JunHyung. You couldnt feel any more embarassed. You dip your head between your knees again and close your eyes as you hope that it was all just a big nightmare.
You hear JunHyung moan. You can hear him shift around in the sand. You peak out between your arms to see him stretching out in the sand. Then he sighs as his body relaxes again. You can't help but smile, so you turn forward and focus on the sea instead. You rest your chin on your arms and watch the tide roll out.
Then you feel a hand on your lower back and you turn slightly to see JunHyung looking out at you. One of his arms lays across his forehead as the other one rubs your back.
"How are you feeling?" he whispers.
You turn back to the water and nod. He sits up and puts his arm all the way around your shoulders.
"Sorry about that." you whisper as you turn your head in your arms to look at him.
He turns and meets your eyes. His look worried and gentle.
"It's okay, don't worry about it."
"No, i shouldn't have told you any of that." you say embarassed.
"Actually...i'm kinda glad you did. I feel like i know you better now. I mean somewhat..."
You take his hint right away. "Yeah," you sigh. "You can... ask me... anything you want."
"No, we don't have to talk any more tonight."
"No, really," you encourage him, "Please...ask anything that's on your mind." he looks at you and studies your eyes cautiously. You give him a faint smile and a nod. "I'm fine. Ask."
"Okay," he nods and looks at the beach. "Keagan..."
You smile, somewhat pleased that his first question is about your exboyfriend. "Exboyfriend." you state. "Started at sixteen because of my dad." you clear your thoat so you can talk easier. "He wasn't a good guy. He was older than me by quite a bit. Smoked. Tattooed. Motorcycle. Drinked. All of that sort of thing. He just...didn't treat me too well..." you don't know how or even if you can explain it well to JunHyung.
He nods anyways. "Okay, fair enough."
"I broke up with him when i was eighteen." you say as you instinctively hold onto your locked heart necklace. He nods along seemingly running out of things to say... or he feels uncomfortable with the conversation. "So... is there anything else you want to know about?" you ask.
"Nothing you don't want to tell me." he answers easily.
You smile at that. it's so easy to talk to JunHyung; he's just so calm... so chill. You lean back on your hands to watch the tide. As soon as you relax your fingers, Junhyung reaches back and pulls your hand onto his lap. He holds your hand and almost absent-mindedly plays with your fingers. You turn your head to look at him... really look at him. His brown hair is messy with bits of sand scattered around; and the tips of his hair jag along just above his brown eyes which are focused on studying your hand. The moon light accents his jawline and luminates his smoothe skin.
You blink away your thoughts as you look up to the sky. Your eyes land on Orion's constellation and you smile to yourself.
"What are you smiling at?" you hear JunHyung ask.
Yout turn to see him searching the sky for whatever has captured your attention and joy. "My favorite constellation." you answer as you look back up.
"Which one?"
"There," you point up and his eyes alight to your finger, "You see those three stars in a straight line? That's Orion's Belt. The stars above and below form his legs and spear. He's my favorite."
It's quiet for a second before Junhyung speaks. You feel his eyes move to you and search your face. "Why?' he asks.
You smile and look down at the water. "Orion was a hunter. Strong and brave. His arms outstretch in protection of the sky."
"A protector."
"Yes." you laugh to yourself and turn to face him. He looks into your eyes with true gentleness and care. He holds onto your hand and even pulls on it slightly to bring you closer as he moves in towards to. You watch only his eyes as he nears, and he sees only yours.

"There you guys are!" Hanna chimes as she hops down the rise.You yank your hand away from JunHyung and wrap your arms around your knees again. JunHyung looks at you for a moment before turning to Hanna. "You guys missed the other videos," she continues, completely oblivious, "We've been looking for you, Sam. I thought maybe you went to the house... like upstairs..."
"But the house only has one level..." JunHyung starts in confusion.
"Sorry, Hanna!" You interupt as you quickly stand up, "How long have we been gone? I fell asleep."
"About forty five minutes." Hanna grabs your hand as you join her side.
JunHyung stands up and brushes himself off before looking at you. He gives you a weak smile and you return it with a gratious one. You wrap your arm around Hanna's shoulders and she holds onto your waist.
"Let's get back," you say as you lead her towards the house.
"Okay! We're getting ready for bed anyways, You can sleep by me!" Hanna exclaims.
"Okay!" you laugh as you playfully mimic her excitement.

You three head back to the house. The inside is lit and you can hear all the excitement from within.
"Oh no, someone will take our spots!" Hanna says before bolting away and rushing into the house.
You laugh as you shake your head and run a hand through your hair. As you put it back down by your side, JunHyung takes it up.
"Are you really feeling better?" he asks in concern.
You hide your smile. "Yes, I am. Thank you."
"Before you can say anything else or even take another step, he pulls your hand to twitst you around and throws his arms around your neck. He tucks you in under his chin and into his chest in an embrace. Your eyes widen and you quietly gasp at the suddenness of his hug. His hands go all the way around your shoulders and hold you in tightly. You slowly and carefully slide your arms around his back and clasp them behind him. You can feel his warm breath on the top of your head and hear his heart beating through his firm chest. His hug... is comfortable and warm. You close your eyes and smile to yourself as you relax into him.
"I'm glad you're okay now." he whispers as he squeezes you tighter.
You nod in his chest and search for a response. "Just...thank you. Really. I don't know how to tell you how embarassed i was and how much better you made me feel."
Again you feel his grasp tighten before he slowly releases you and pulls you back by the shoulders. He smirks at you and you smile back, feeling yourself blush. Your heart catches on and begins to beat a little faster. Your face feels hot adn there's a strange feeling in your pit; it's not butterflies in your stomach like it had been from working with GD at first, but it's higher up in your left...and deep in...
"You don't need to feel embarassed!" JunHyung rushes, "You don't ever...need to feel embarassed with me... about anything...okay?"
Your eyes widen and it takes a moment for you to remember how to nod your head. His eyes are wild and then soften as he smiles and drops a hand off your shoulder. He tucks you under his arm with the other and walks you back to the house.
You walk in the back sliding door to the family room to see everyone making beds with blankets and pillows along the floor. Jared sits at a stool by the island top in the kitchen. When he sees you, he hops down and comes near. "Sam," his voice is full of concern.
JunHyung takes his arm off your shoulders and startsto walk towards the others. You watch him leave and he glances over his shoulder to you. You smile as one last thank you before Jared places both his hands on your shoulders to talk to you. "I didn't know, Sam," he frowns, "The videos were previewed and editted before. I didn't think they would put something like that in. Don't worry though, i'll make sure they edit this too so that it wont be put into the actual program."
"I'm fine," you shurg and cross your arms.
Jared stares at you, searching your eyes for something hidden; but there's actually nothing there. You are fine now. You feel silly for crying, and slightly hurt, but the worst of it has passed. You glance towards JunHyung; he sits with the Beast boys at their sleeping spot but watches you.

You sigh and turn back to Jared. "Can i have my phone?" you ask with a forced smile as you hold out your hand. On schedules like this, Jared monitors the cell phones, otherwise you would be far too busy checking emails and text messages from friends and family back home.
Jared stares at you for a silent moment before pulling out your phone and placing it in your open palm. He must know that you're asking for a reason. You tuck your hand back into your arms and turn to leave once agan.
You walk down to the beach and look out at the moon reflecting in the water. You sigh as you hold out your phone and dial the number. It should be a little after one back home. You bring it to your ear and take a deep breath as you listen to it ring.

~

Once you get back to the house, you walk in right as JunHyung is walking out.
"Oh, there you are!" he says, as he lets you by and shuts the door.
"What's everyone been doing for the last thirty minutes?" you ask as you look around at the group.
"Playing games." JunHyung shrugs, "What were you doing out there?"
You turn back to him but look down at the phone in your hand. "I just called my dad."
He looks at you quietly as his eyes fill with concern. ""How was it?" he asks carefully as he brings a hand tot he back of his head.
You nod, "It was...okay."
You both wait for someone to say something. He nods first and moves further into the room. "Okay, good!" he says easily. He seems to know when you do or do not want to talk.
You smile as nod as you go to join the group. Cassie smiles warmly and opens her arms invitingly to you. You force a smile as you sit by her and let her wrap her arms around you. Mel and Hanna smile to you as the Beast boys stare in quiet before going back to their conversation.
JunHyung and Beast's manager shut the sliding door and lock it up. "Alright," Jared claps his hands together for attention, "Time for bed! Lights out!"
You all scramble to your spots laid out on the floor. You lay on the end with Hanna in between you and Cassie. Cassie reaches over Hanna and takes ahold of your hand. You smile to her genuinely for her loving comfort.
Everyone else gets to their spots and settles in. There's some light chatter before everyone says goodnight and the lights switch off. The day had been very busy and tiring. You look back at all that has happened and all that was said. You smile as you think of JunHyung and how he found you when you hid, as if he knew you were there; as if he was your guardian... your protector... your Orion. You sigh and close your heavy eyes. Crying really takes a lot out of you, and you fall asleep quickly and deeply.

~

Your eyes flutter to the brightness of the sun streaming in from overhead sunlights. A light breeze sweeps through from the now open sliding door to the beach and ruffles your sheets. You sigh and slowly open your eyes. You stare straight ahead and squint as you try to focus on the figure in front of you. You had slept on the end...there shouldn't be anyone on this side of you.
JunHyun lies on his back, facing the wall away from you. One of his arms lies on top of his stomach, and his chest steadily rises and falls with his deep breathing. His covers half cover him in his black t shirt and sport shorts. You wonder why and how he got to be on this side of you when you had been sleeping next to Hanna.
You moan as you roll onto your back and then force yourself to sit up. You look around the room to see that most of the others have already gotten up and aren't anywhere to be seen. They must be at the beach already.
Only you, JunHyung, and Dongwoon are still sleeping on the floor. You look to see Jared and Beast's manager in the kitchen talking while having cups of coffee. Jared sees you out of the corner of his eye and smiles as he brings his cup away from his lips. "My laziest just woke up." he says as he points his cup in your direction.
You scowl at him and pull your hood over your head to hide your messy hair as cameras shift to your direction. Next to you, JunHyung groans and rolls in his sleep. You glance down at him to see that he's still fast asleep. He looks so calm and peaceful; you can't help but smile. You want so badly to reach down and brush away his hair from his eyes, but you control yourself for the cameras. You quickly stand and rush to the bathroom to get ready for the day.
When you come back out Junhyung and the others are up but don't seem fully away. His eyes are closed as he shuffles around the room gathering his stuff. His head turns your way but you can't tell whether or not his eyes are fully open. You smiles and bows his head in an embarassed way. You laugh and roll your eyes.
"Run and out and enjoy the last time we have at the beach, Sam," Jared instructs.
"When are we leaving?" you ask.
"After lunch."
You nod and hurry outside. Everyone is already enjoying the water, sand, and warm sun. Cassie lies out under the hot rays in her shorts and tank. She's rolled up her shorts to get a better tan since Jared won't let you all wear bathing suits in front of the Beast boys. Mel splashes around the shallow water with Hanna and the other Beast boys. She calls back to shore to let Cassie know that laying out in the sun can cause cancer, in which Cassie just waves her off with a smile.
You laugh and join in on the games. Cassie, JunHyung, and Dongwoon come in eventually. Even the managers join in a game of chicken fighting with the Beast boys. Eventually you tag up with DuJun to take down Mel and Kikwang. DuJun is furious when you are pulled off first, but you scold him for slipping the second time. After that, you and he are unstoppable. You switch up teams and end up with JunHyung against Hanna and Dongwoon.
Beast and Eclipse join together to make lunch and even to clean up afterwards. In the end, you are reluctant to leave the beach house. The two groups split into their own vans to drive back to Cube Entertainment. At first, your van is loud and chatty about the latest festivities, but eventually it turns quiet with the sadness of leaving, and then becomes silent as you all fall asleep.
The vans pull up outside of Cube and you all aid in unloading. You all stand outside of the vans to say goodbye to the television shows and camera crew. Saying goodbye to the show makes both Hanna and Yoseob tear up again and you laugh at their emotionalness. Then you sigh as you think back on your own emotions over the short trip. Memories of your hard time with your father and Keagan had felt so fresh last night. You remember the necklance Cassie had bought you when you were eighteen and had just ended things with Keagan. You had been so scared and so hurt. You had made so many stupid decisions but the choice to focus on music had been one of your best. Cassie had bought the necklace for you as a symbol. She had told you to guard your heart. Your hand instinctively slides up to touch the locked heart necklace...but it's not there.
You gasp as you whip around. You look around on the ground quickly as you bend down to check your bag. "Oh no, oh no." you say to yourself as you frantically search.
"What's the matter?" Cassie asks you, causing some others to turn their attention towards you.
"I... i lost it!" you panic as you get on your hands and knees and look around.
"Lost what?" JunHyung asks as he comes closer.
"My necklace! The one Cassie got for me!"
"What does it look like?" KiKwang asks.
"It's a silver heart. It looks like a locket but it's not. It has like a key opening on the front. It was tied to a red ribbon..."
You stand and look around in other areas as the others join in your quest. Everyone helps you look, but in the end you can't find it.
You close your eyes in stress as you bring one hand to your forehead and your other to rest on your hip. Cassie comes to your side with a weak smile and places her hand on your shoulder. "It's okay," she says, "I'm sure we'll find it."
You shake your head. JunHyung comes near and watches you. "No," you say, "It's gone. I lost it at the beach. It's in the ocean somewhere."
"When did you last have it?" JunHyung asks with a serious expression.
"Um..." you think back, "I think... when i left the videos...when we..when i was sitting outside to calm down." you stammer.
He looks at you and then glances at the Beast van. "We can go back and check."
"We don't have time, JunHyung." Beast's manager speaks up.
JunHyung turns to him. "We can't go look for it? Or can we call the owner of the house to look for it?"
"Don't worry about it," Jared offers up and you look at him with hurt. "We can just get a new one." He slaps you on the back as if he's just solved a mystery. "Right, Sammy? It's just a silly trinket necklace. Not even real silver i bet. I'll get you a gold one."
You look down to your feet and shrug slightly. "I don't really want a new one." you mumble.
"See, she's fine!" Jared smiles and pushes you towards the Cube building.
You sigh as you shuffle your feet past JunHyung and towards the big building. Cassie joins up with you and puts an arm around your shoulder. Hanna and Mel take your side and walk with you.

 

 

 

[Polls are now OPEN for this fanfic! VOTE! share/comment/subscribe :) comments keep me writing so i can get better :)]