The Future Belongs to the Few of Us Still Willing to Get Our Hands Dirty

Doralice

Look before you leap.

 

In this chapter:
(Original Character) The Eaglet
(BIGBANG) Taeyang as the Duck
(BIGBANG) G-dragon as the Dodo
(2AM) Jokwon as the March Hare
(Super Junior) Heechul as the Mad Hatter
(Super Junior) Hangeng (Hankyung) as the Mouse

Note: The Den is underground incase that wasn't clear

-----------------------------------------------

The Duck led the wounded Eaglet out of the medical wing of the Den and then out of the Den altogether. Eaglet glanced at the Duck but knew better than to ask so she quietly followed him up the tunnel and out into the black Galumphing.
On Doralice the four kingdoms are divided by four rivers that join in the center to form a large lake. In the middle of the lake the Royal Court meets on a man-made island with a large glittering black castle on it. When the courts are inside, the castle is set aflame so both colors of Doralice are represented; and there are four entrances, each with a gate for a specific court. It's an elaborate and expensive set up that costs the court's citizens most of their yearly income to maintain. 
Alternatively, on the outskirts of the Kingdoms and Queendoms is what is called the "Galumphing" land. It is a barren wasteland that is lit by a small moon and many unsavory a thing live there. Animals banned from the 'civilized' areas of Doralice were either killed or dumped at the outer part of Galumphing and then threatened until they ran farther into the unexplored area. It used to be that citizens who didn't pay taxes were thrown into Galumphing but too many were found to have wandered back secretly so the Royals took to beheading, poisoning, beating and making them target practice. It is now the location of the Den.

The Duck took the Eaglets hand to better lead her to their destination. They walked, for the Eaglet couldn't run, away from the Den and then up one of the strange huge spirals that 'grew' from the dirt. When they reached the top of the spiral the Eaglet looked down and realized they were standing above the Den. Duck let go of the Eaglet's hand and stomped on a part of the spiral and there was a hissing sound and then a panel popped up, flinging bits of dirt off the spirals edge. Leaning down, the Duck reached into the hidden compartment and cranked a knob inside several times, in several ways, before shutting the panel, standing up, and grabbing the Eaglet's hand again.
"We're going to jump off the ledge. Ordinarily we would land back here but I've opened the door into what is called a dreamscape.  You don't need to know the specifics on how it works, you just need to know it's not on Doralice and it's where the High Ring meets. Jump in three, two, one."

Eaglet and the Duck both jumped and passed through the 'doorway' of the dreamscape. Their guts were wrenched to the side as they tumbled through and their gravity was shifted. The Duck stood up and cracked his neck from side to side and allowed his eyes to adjust to the brightness of the Dreamscape.

The walls and floor (respectively) appeared to be polished marble and pillars, both vertical and horizontal, lined the room. Looking at anything in Dreamscape was like seeing the angelic version.
(Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZCmJ9hUQ&feature=relmfu)

The Eaglet stood up slowly, trying to get used to the warped vision. She looked at the Duck and blinked repeatedly, she didn't remember him being that beautiful before. The Duck smiled at the Eaglet, she was already beautiful and amplified by the Dreamscape she seemed unreal.

"Hey useless. You gonna stand there staring at everything or come inside so I can meet the High ring?"

The Eaglet scowled and spun around to glare at the March Hare. "Yah. Give me a second. I'm injured moron," she retorted.

The March Hare and the Eaglet held their glares for a full ten seconds before the March Hare burst out laughing, earning a smile from the Eaglet. The Duck rolled his eyes then gestured to a large door at the end of the room. The High Agents followed their superior, glancing at each other frequently.

"The High Ring," said the Duck before opening the large doors.

Inside was a circular table on the ceiling with three men sitting around it. The three looked over at the sound of the door and the one in the incredibly tall top hat covered his mouth to contain his laughter.
"And do tell, how is life living where up is down and down is up?" asked he.
The Eaglet and the March Hare glanced at each other before walking inside and then up the wall.
"Fine sir," said the March hare as he and Eaglet stopped in front of them, now with the same gravity.

"I'm going to go back to the Den to make sure everything is fine. Eaglet - Close the Dreamscape door when you leave, you just hold the panel down until you hear a click," said the Duck, still in the doorway. He left with a nod and closed the doors behind him.

The March Hare stared at the men. The beautiful one in the top hat picked up his tea and sipped it casually while eyeing the Eaglet and then the Hare himself. His suit was black and he wore it professionally, paired with the shiny top hat. A brown-haired man sat next to him, similarly sipping his tea, but he only glanced at the agents. His white military-esque jacket was almost blinding to the Hare's unaccustomed eyes. Across from the beautiful man sat the third, and final HR member. His hair was spiked up and he was wearing a black suit jacket with jeans and black boots. He locked eyes with the March Hare and then stared at the Eaglet.
The Eaglet stared back before bowing her head.

"Congratulations," said the man with the spiked hair, still looking at the Eaglet.
"Sir?" asked the Eaglet, looking back up at the High Ring Member.
"You've made the first CATS kill," he said and then gestured himself then at the other men. "And you can call me Dodo. This is the Mouse and the that is the Mad Hatter."

The Eaglet smiled and the March Hare stared at her; he was unaware that she had taken the first kill. The Mad Hatter set down his tea cup and turned his back on the agents while whispering to the Mouse. The Mouse smiled and whispered back to the Hatter before looking at the agents.

"We are very grateful for your contribution." stated the Mouse.

"Yes. And I especially love what you did with the body afterward. That was a lovely touch if I do say so myself," said the Hatter.

The Eaglet smiled and bowed her head again respectively.

"I trust you're healing well," said the Dodo as he got up and strode to the opposite side of the room and pulled open a small cabinet and grabbed a leather box.

"Yes sir. The Caterpillar gave me the golden liquid. I should be completely healed by tomorrow. Or the day after." replied the Eaglet.

The Dodo nodded as he walked back to the circular table and set the box down.

"The reason we called you both here today is because we have acquired some of the injections given to CATS to enhance their senses," said the Hatter, gesturing to the box the Dodo put down.

"We will not force you to take it, but it would help enhance your senses and make your future fights with CATS easier," said the Mouse.

"Yes," said the March Hare.

"Perhaps you should think about it more," said the Dodo, placing his hand on the box. "We don't have the chambers to slowly expose you to the world again. It will burn tremendously and everything will be hypersensitive. You probably won't be able to move for days."

"I want it," said the March Hare seriously. "The fight for freedom is hardly fair already. You don't fight fire with a spark, you fuel that with petroleum and engulf the enemy."

The Hatter laughed. "I like this kid. What about you Eaglet?"

"Bring it on," said the Eaglet.

The Dodo opened the box and pulled out two syringes filled with a glowing neon yellow liquid and handed one to each of the agents. "Inject yourself with it in your rooms later tonight; lock your doors. I recommend doing it in the dark, with no television or music on. The sense shock will be dulled then."

"Yes sir," said the March Hare, accepting the syringe.

The Eaglet took the other syringe with a nod towards the High Ring members.

"That will be all. When you wake up you must eat, but not too much. Then you will be reintroduced to all your weapons and fighting styles. After that the Dodo will give you your mission," said the Hatter, once again drinking his tea.

The Dodo nodded and walked over and opened the door.

The March Hare and the Eaglet left with a bow.

 

 

~

Author: Ace
 



Note from Author K: If this were my chapter, I would have added Hanchul, but there weren't any appropriate places to sneak it in there, and Author A at least hinted at it, so I'm content with it. Also, completely irrelevant to the story, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN SUJU'S TEASER PHOTOS!??!!? JAOIJFAWIOEJWOIEJWEIOI Donghae is just the most beautiful being on the planet, and his husband is perfect and ajfoaiejfoijwe... Everyone else looks amazing too.