Black as Night

Doralice

The Eaglet

Well, after this I should think nothing of tumbling down stairs.
 

Far away from the monstrous Heart's Palace, the Eaglet tightened the straps on her black leather boots before standing and staring out at the tangled black mess that is the Land of Spades.
Shrink yourself down to the size of a stick-bug and imagine what an unkempt rose bush looks on the inside. Now, stain everything black, remove the sun, and add spider webs and cocoons everywhere. That is the view one gets when gazing at the Spaden land.

The Eaglet ran along the midnight strand quietly, then jumped off the edge. As she fell through the empty space she twisted her body around and stretched out her arms; when she grabbed a strand she felt her center of gravity shift, and hanging suddenly became a handstand. She folded herself in half and stood up, as silent as ever. The Eaglet walked around the strand and stared at the silk wrapped cocoon containing her target. Jumping onto it would alert the kitten inside and there seemed to be no possible way to sneak in. So the Eaglet jumped through the window.

The glass shattered under the impact of her boots and her gravity shifted so suddenly it made her stomach flip. Across the room the soldier did a kip, immediately having woken up when the window shattered. The safe houses weren't supposed to be known. This shouldn't be happening. The Eaglet flew into the wall, making the oval house shake. She looked up and her mocha eyes were drawn to the inhuman, glowing, yellow cat eyes. She launched herself at the soldier and stabbed blindly at his gut. His genetically modified reflexes allowed him to dodge at the very last moment and the Eaglet's knife was buried to the hilt in the slick cocoon, but she didn't pause. She spun around, grabbing her second knife and launched herself at the soldier again.


"I AM A MEMBER OF CATS. IDENTIFY YOURSE-," the soldiers demand was interrupted by the flash of the Eaglet's knife. He stumbled back, pulling the knife out of his shoulder, "You ." The Eaglet smirked at his unprofessional language as she unsheathed yet another blade and once again dove at the kitten. Only this time, he was prepared. Timing it perfectly he crouched and as she dove over him he lunged at her brandishing the bloody knife he pulled from his own shoulder only moments ago. The blood-soaked blade sunk deep into the Eaglet's unprotected midriff and she let out a slight gasp. Anger twisted her beautiful face into an unbecoming sneer.

Play time was over.

Holding her side and bending over, the Eaglet reached into her boot and pulled out her black karambit, which was invisible in the dark. The CAT ran towards her, still clutching the blade, aiming for her wound. When he was five feet away the Eaglet stood up straight, extending her arm out and as the karambit flew through the air..... she smiled. She then stepped forward and reached into her pocket, pulling out a gold coin. The soldier's body ceased movement when the darkened stylet pierced his skull and sunk itself deep into his enhanced brain.
The body floated there, eerily lit, for hours, before a safe-house maid came knocking. The maid knocked once, twice, and on the third knock she opened the door and the sight before her made her cry out.

The stench of rotting flesh filled the house and the soldiers once gleaming eyes were now falling out of his head. His skin was becoming translucent and in the middle of his forehead the karambit lay, still stuck in his skull.

And his mouth hung open

tongue hanging out

and on his red

red tongue

was the coin

stuck through with a nail.

And a note on the wall

written in blood

 

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~
 uh
gore
I guess
in case you don't know:
A karambit is a specific knife; you can google it if you so wish.
'Stylet' is another word for blade/knife.

And 'kip' is that one move where you flip yourself up from lying down. (< Description given by Kaydence.)
A kip is a breakdancing move and it also commenly used in fighting to stand up quickly so your opponent can't kick you while you're down.
 For a short video example of a slow kip go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPpBkPRBhM


  Author: Ace