Golden Afternoon

Doralice

 



All in the golden afternoon
Full leisurely we glide;
For both our oars, with little skill,
By little arms are plied,
While little hands make vain pretense
Our wanderings to guide

 

On a train leading from the outskirts of civilization to the bustling inner-city of the Diamond Queendom...

"What the he- how do you guys even see," Terrance muttered, covering his eyes as the woman across from him once again shifted, making the mirror accessories littered about her dress reflect sunlight into his eyes.
Ailee pulled his hand away from his face and shushed him, "It's rude to hide your face from Diamonds, you show brightness in everything, especially your eyes and smile, so smile."
Terrance squeaked as his side was pinched by the unabashed female and he quickly put a bright, though false, smile on his face. His odd squeak earned him several questioning glances so he nodded politely at the stares; smile still glued to his face.
"I hope Eaglet's okay... She looked pretty badly beat up... Caterpillar should be able to fix her though, right?" asked the Lory.
Nodding and nudging Ailee's side, Terrance leaned into her as he kept his smile, "Why does everyone look so scared...?"
Ailee quickly slapped his arm with a smile, "Don't talk about that here." Looking around, she grabbed the confused cross-dresser's hand and pulled him into the oversized bathroom.
"You've never been here right? Our Queen, Sungjong, doesn't take kindly to sad faces. He executes anyone who brings down the mood in his kingdom. Everyone must keep smiles on their faces all the time, and we wear these shiny clothes to reflect the joy bouncing around... It's kind of a feng shui type of thing... So... SMILE. ALL THE TIME. Unless you want to get caught. And sent to the EAR ( Executioners' Axe Room ). Oh, and no sarcasm. It's not a thing here. Don't even give me that look, you will be taken away on the spot. Also, no... touching people. It's considered poor manners and Diamonds will immediately know you're a foreigner. Okay?"
 Gryphon took a moment to process the Lory's words and rules.
"... Crazy Queen-man... Brainwashed people... Shiny clothes... Alright, I can do this."

 

 

~
Author: Kaydence


Oh my god, you guys, I love you, but Super Junior is having their comeback and it just *dies* I promise I will try and write when I'm not fangirling, but that might not be as often as you would hope. I'm a total failure of an author, this chapter is really short T^T I'll have Ace write some awesome random action scnes for you guys. Thank you for reading!