Stein

Doralice

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

note: The Caterpillar (T.O.P) doesnt act like himself at all. He's basically crazy.

~

 

Medicinal Journal Entry #94

Victi Volunteer 4 for experimental drug trial is starting to show signs of fatigue. Like volunteers 1-3 his temperature has risen drastically but unlike the pale white V123 turned his skin is now a blue color resembling the blueberry ice-cream on fifth street in the Dia court. V4 has stayed awake since being injected via syringe no more than four days ago.
  HCv 1.5 has been completely successful in wiping V4's memory.
By HCv 2.0 the patients skin color shouldn't change.
And hopefully by HCv 4.0 the injections wont be fatal.

________
 

The Caterpillar [T.O.P] sat hunched over his desk, writing under a yellow light in the the backroom of the medical wing. His white hair always looked like it was blown back from heavy winds and it made his eyes stand out even more. The brown was normal enough but the glowing green one tended to freak people out.
The Caterpillar, still writing in his medical journal, didn't hear the Duchess [Dara] enter the dark room.
"Sir.....," whispered the Duchess as she reached out tentatively to touch the Caterpillar's shoulder.
"WHO'S THERE?" cried the Caterpillar as he stood up frantically searching for a scalpel or something to defend himself with.
"It's me, It's me! Please Caterpillar. If you would just work with the lights on you wouldn't be half as scared whenever I entered the room" replied the Duchess, now standing in front of the Caterpillar after grabbing his arms.
"Light.... Light? What light? There is no light. We live in dark, dark times my dear dear Duchess. There is no damn time for the light; only the dark," said the Caterpillar, staring above the Duchess' head at the wall behind her.
Knowing that there would be nothing there, the Duchess didn't bother to look behind her.
"The Eaglet is back from her mission s-,"
"The Eaglet? My Baby? Is she alright? Beautiful specimen, absolutely gorgeous, how I would love to disec-"
"SHE IS INJURED," interrupted the Duchess. "She needs immediate medical attention and the Duck is calling for you."
"You stupid girl why did you not lead with this information?" asked the Caterpillar as he put on his light-blocking glasses while he ran towards the door. The Duchess rolled her eyes and followed her insane boss down the hallway and into the treatment area. She put on her gloves then opened the cupboards and pulled out a sterilized needle, a blood bag, an anesthetic and sutures.
The Caterpillar tapped his foot nervously waiting for the Eaglet so he could see the extent of her injures. As the Duchess set up the supplies the Eaglet stumbled in through the door.
Caterpillar ran over and picked up the bleeding girl as she passed out.
"The table, Duchess. The table." he said. Duchess ran over and pushed the old blankets and bloody bandages from the last patient off the table.  The Caterpillar set the Eaglet down and while Duchess hooked up the blood bag and injected the localized anesthetic he cut the Eaglet's shirt to get a better look at the wound and to make sure the fabric didn't get sewn into her stomach.  The Doctor took the needle and started to forcibly reconnect her skin with the sutures. As the Eaglets body gained more blood from the bag her skin started to regain it's color and an half an hour later, when the Caterpillar had finished his sutures, the Eaglet woke up.


She attempted to sit up but the Caterpillar put out an arm to stop her. "I just stitched your torso shut. No moving from this bed for at least two hours. You still need the blood bag for at least half that time."
The Eaglet groaned. "How did I get here?" she asked,  leaning back into the pillows and staring at her exposed stomach.
"You tell me," said the Duchess, coming back into the room with a glass bottle of golden liquid and a small biscuit wrapped in an off-white napkin . "You stumbled into the Den not even thirty minutes ago looking like you were at the wrong end of a butcher's knife."
"How DID you end up with this wound anyway," asked the Caterpillar, glancing at the Eaglet out of the corner of his eye.
"You know I can't tell you that Caterpi," said the Eaglet as she thanked the Duchess and took the bottle and the biscuit from her. She knocked back the thick golden liquid and made a displeased face before handing the bottle back to Duchess. "God Caterpi, you can make a potion to make me heal faster but you can't make it taste good?"
The Caterpillar sniffed. "I don't see the point. Plus any sort of flavoring might interfere with the liquid's integrity," he said absent-mindedly before heading back to his office.

The Eaglet rolled her eyes and took a bite of her biscuit and watched as the Duchess started putting away the medical supplies. Many of them were low grade stuff, like scalpels made of bent pieces of metal or crafted bandages made of old clothes. The anesthetics and sutures were all top of the line though; poor renegades make good thieves.


Duck walked into the room and the Eaglet put down the rest of her biscuit on the sheets next to her.
"Sir," she said with a nod.

The Duck nodded back and asked, "Did everything go well."
"Yes sir."
"Good. The High Ring is requesting an audience with you."
 The corner of the Duck's mouth turned up at the Eaglet's widened eyes.
"I..... uh..... Immediately?" asked the Eaglet.
"If you can make it," said the Duck with a small smirk.
"Tch. I got stabbed not crippled. Take me," said the Eaglet as she pulled the IV from her arm and ripped the covers off.
"Excuse you," said the Duchess. "No moving. From that bed. Two. More. Hours."
"Duchess I'm fine. I drank the potion. The waiting is just a formality," replied the Eaglet, waving her hand passively.
She stood up and almost passed out again.
"Woah there, you alright?" asked the Duck.
"I'm fine, I'm fine" said Eaglet, waving her hand again. "Take me, take me, take me."
The Duck sighed. "Alright."
"Let's go see the High Ring."





~
I was debating about discluding this chapter.
But we haven't updated for a while so~
Enjoy
Comments really motivate me to write more *hint*
Requests still open
Author: Ace