Curious

Doralice

But I don't want to go among mad people

 

 

The Eaglet and the March Hare traded glances and parted ways after exiting the dreamscape and re-entering the Den. Hare brushed past the lower agents in the hallway and opened the metal door to his room. Leaving the lights off, the March Hare went into his room and closed the door, listening for the definitive click of the lock. Upon hearing it, he then walked up the door and sat down on his small, white cot that was stationed above the room's only entrance.
The March Hare took out the glowing syringe and turned it over in his hands, feeling a slight warmth emitting from it. Laying back on the bed, he rolled up the stiff sleeve of his dress shirt and removed the plastic cap from the syringe. "Here goes nothing," he said to himself as he pushed the needle into his exposed arm. He inhaled sharply when the needle first broke skin but the pain was nothing compared to injuries he'd sustained before so he pushed the stopper and watched as the glowing liquid entered his body. He felt nothing at first but when the last drop disappeared from the syringe the March Hare screamed in agony. It was as if the dark room has exploded around him. Once unnoticeable, the light from under the door was now as blinding as a strobe light, inches from his face. A small bug crawling across the sole of his shoe sounded like cannon-fire, but feet from his ears. His professional, stiff, dress shirt he wore for the meeting with the high ring now felt so hard it was like laying on unpolished diamonds. Whispers in the hallway sounded like obnoxious city hotdog vendors, begging for attention.

March slipped in and out of painful consciousness for hours before finally letting go and slipping into the black.

=

Ordinarily, subjects are only given the CATS injection when in a controlled environment called the 'desensitized' room. They are then ​slowly reintroduced to normal surroundings over a period of many weeks or in some cases several months.
They are by no means thrown back into the vibrant, bustling world less than a week later.

=

Sitting in a grey, fitted cotton t-shirt and baggy sweatpants and pitch black shades, the Eaglet stared at the weapon rack in front of her. Another heartbeat joined her in the dark training room.
"Hello," whispered the Eaglet, still looking at the weapons rack.
A similarly clad March Hare answered back with a, "Hey."
To each, the other's greeting rang like a struck gong. "This morning I tried to pick up a glass of water. I crushed it to bits." said the Eaglet, picking up a knife carefully, ignoring the random facts that popped up in her mind about the knife.
The March Hare snorted, "Oh yeah? Some of the lowes [lower agents] found some animals and Chef made sweet and sour pork. I couldn't even swallow it; it was like trying to drink liquefied wasabi or some ."
Eaglet laughed softly so as not to burst their newly sensitive eardrums.
"Have you figured out how to turn the information string off. I already know what kind of knife it is and knowing it's weight in kg is far from helpful," asked the Eaglet, for after the potion has taken full effect it had warped both her senses and brain function. 
A stiletto was no longer just a stiletto; it was a 'Specialized knife first crafted in Italy' wherever that was, 'that is often used used as an offensive weapon and.....'
In essence, it was like having a non-stop recording of the extended encyclopedia's section on hydrogen bonding and hydroxide molecules playing in your head when all you wanted to do was drink a damned glass of water.

The March Hare shook his head, ignoring the sound of his hair slapping his forehead. "Do you know how to turn off the angles?"
"I'm sorry what?"
"The angles. Maybe you don't have them... Every time I look at a wall or a blade or even a persons face I see thousands upon thousands of angles. The stiletto you're holding is at a precise 185 degree angle from the surface we're standing on. I can tell you more if you'd like, like wind speed and what gravity an object connected to," replied the Hare, rubbing his temples.
"No that's quite alright," said the Eaglet. "I don't have angles so I don't know how to turn them off, sorry. I believe the potion reads into your skill set. Angles and wind strength and gravitational pull will help with your marksmanship. As for me.... my upper body strength has improved quite tremendously and I seem to be processing things like I'm on an adrenaline rush all the time. Which I suppose will be useful in close combat. Once I can get used to it and once I learn how to turn off the bloody information reel."
The cracking of the March Hare's neck sounded like a leg snapping in half and they both flinched slightly at the sound.
"Well this is just fantastic," grinned March sarcastically.
"The High Ring would not give us this to harm us; It has​ to get better after all this adapting is over. I'm not so very fond of my eyes now though," said the Eaglet, touching her shades. "As soon as it IS over I'm having the Caterpillar change them back."
"I know what you mean," said the March Hare solemnly as he pulled off his shades to reveal his eyes. They glowed like hot coals and the iris seemed to be moving, like smoke over fire, around the black cat-eye pupils.
The Eaglet removed her shades as well and stared at the Hare. "At least you look semi-normal," she said.
"My eyes look like blood."

~

Badly photoshopped example of jokwons eyes that you can barely see:

What you see vs what jokwon sees:

Awesomely photoshopped picture of the Eaglet's eyes:

What you see vs what the Eaglet sees:


 

~
I am so tied of writing this chapter
This is defiantly the worst out of the three [explorer kept crashing while I writing (i use explorer so I dont have to erase my history because I doubt my parents would approve of fanfiction writing) and auto-save wasnt working for some reason] and I'm really sorry but I refuse to write it again
Mianhe~

This chapter is for IAM's 
I suppose
If IAM's suddenly like in-pain jokwon that doesn't even act like jokwon
./fails


The pictures are up but something killed my quality. Hopefully you get the gist
All pictures at the beginnings of chapters/ in chapters are edited by me
(Ace [korean name: Park Sunjin which is why that names on the pictures])


Chapter 9 isn't up yet, I know, please wait for Ailee and Terrance a little longer @~@''
Leave a comment
Author: Ace