Visiting Home

Ringless Finger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*knock *knock

 

 

A knock was heard from the front doors of the Kwon residence which got the matriarch of the family to stop flipping the chicken she was frying for dinner then turned off the stove. With steady stride, Mrs. Kwon walked her way to the door to open it for their unexpected visitor.

 

 

“Oh God, Jiyong!!! I missed you! I haven’t seen you in months! I thought you already forgot about your own family!” Jiyong’s mom alleged while hugging her only son as if she haven’t seen him for years.

 

 

“Omma, don’t exaggerate it. You know how I’ve been so busy these past months. And that’s actually what I came here for, I’ve missed all of you.” After giving his mother a warm hefty hug near the door, he made his way around Mrs. Kwon and strolled to the couch and deposited himself tiredly on it with his legs crossed above the coffee table.

 

 

“Oh, you look so tired Ji, your dad’s still not here so you can go up your room and have your well deserved rest. I’m still on the process of making dinner. I’ll call you when the table’s ready.” His mother pulled him to his feet and pushed him towards the stairs to where his room is located.

 

 

“Ok omma, I’ll be up my room then. Rest has been such a luxury I can’t afford these days, with my group's comeback just around the corner and everything that has been going on with my life, a few minutes of a peaceful nap is something I really need right now.” Jiyong muttered sardonically. Everything that has happened the past months had put a heavy weight on his shoulders. But he can’t blame anyone but himself. With that, he paced his way up the stairs and to his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing inside his room brings back a sense of nostalgia. Everywhere he looks, he finds evidences of what has been the best relationship he had… his relationship with Dara.

 

 

Dara, being the only girl so far that he had brought home to meet his family. Ever since his breakup with her, he hasn’t dropped by to visit his family. He was afraid to tell them the bad news about their separation, especially it being entirely his fault.

 

 

Now standing here inside his very own haven --a place which was once his sanctuary, a place that gives him the feeling of tranquility after a tiring day--, brings back all the memories he shared with her.

 

 

In his bedside table, a framed picture of him and her wearing their genuine smiles is placed above. It was taken a few weeks before she officially became his girlfriend. He strode towards the said framed picture to get a closer look.

 

 

It was a little over midnight, Jiyong was enthusiastically dragging Dara by the arm to God knows where after seeing her forlorn figure in the practice room. Apparently, she was scolded by the dance trainer for occasionally messing up the steps during their training.

 

 

It was 2 months after her group officially debuted. Everyday has been a routine of practice, practice and more practice. For some reasons, Dara was a bit distracted from practice, which had annoyed the trainer. So to make up from her flaws today, she opted to be left behind to practice more. But even after hours of solo practice, Dara still found herself lacking of something which led her to her state of hopelessness when Jiyong had found her in one of the practice rooms.

 

 

To bring a smile on Dara’s face, Jiyong decided to bring her somewhere to keep her mind off the events of the day, thus the dragging.

 

 

Finally, they arrived at the place where Jiyong wanted Dara to be… a secluded area near Han River. Jiyong knew how Dara loves the fresh air and the colorful lights that illuminate the scenery. Yes, it is the perfect distraction for someone like Dara Park.

 

 

“Woah! It really amazes me how the reflection of the lights is like dancing on the sea!! Jiyong!! Let’s take a picture together with the lights as the background!” Dara tugged Jiyong’s wrist and posed with their faces close together and with her left hand, she positioned her cellphone’s camera above their faces. “Smile Jiyong!!!” with a click, she captured their perfectly smiling faces.

 

 

He put down the frame from his hand and glanced to the other part of his bedroom. In the wall directly across his bed, a framed photo of the sand scribbled with “J <3 D” along with his and Dara’s footprints is hanged.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter