Chapter 7

Ringless Finger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

since someone decided to subscribe(thank you!) just when the clock strikes 12 (in my country that is!), here is the promised update!!! don't expect anything neh? i apologize for any mistake that may be read here. . .

 

 

 

Chapter 7

 

 

“What are you thinking of?” his lover asked as she draws imaginary circles on his bare chest. Kiko is propped beside him on his bed, under the covers as she looks at him with curiosity.

 

 

It has been mere minutes after they were done making love and they were just lounging on the bed, willing for sleep to consume them.

 

 

“Nothing, c’mon we should sleep now. You still have an early flight back to Japan. I don’t want to tire you baby.” Jiyong whispered as he made sure Kiko was comfortably wrapped under the blanket.

 

 

He just had what he might consider as one of the best love making he ever had, but he can’t deny that he has been preoccupied by his TOP hyung’s words earlier. He can’t take them off his mind.

 

 

"Remember all these that you've said after you've realized that she's the best girl you've ever had but have lost, and that she'll never be yours again because she have moved on  just like the norm that you've so bluntly talked about."

 

 

Those words keep repeating again and again in his head like a broken recorder.

 

 

No, I now have Kiko. She’s all I need now. She can do everything that Dara has done. She can even do what Dara can’t. She's all I need. He argues to himself.

 

 

Nah~ I’m just feeling guilty for hurting her. It’s not like I’m happy for hurting her. No, I don’t want her to be hurt. He continued arguing with his subconscious.

 

 

His mind remembered how she looked like when she discovered one of his activities when she’s not around his own apartment. He had heard a sound of something dropped down on his carpeted floor while he was busy lavishing his secret mistress on his bed. His head turned towards the sound and was faced with a confused, hurt and betrayed looking official girlfriend. As if the sound of the thing dropped on the ground woke her up from her own stupor, she crouched down the floor and tried to salvage what is left of what seems to be a cake she was once holding until she suddenly looked up towards him, looking worried. He was shocked finding her inside his apartment seeing him do his extracurricular activities. “A-ah, sorry. I just thought of surprising you, but don’t worry, I’ll go out now, so just continue everything you’re doing” were the words he can remember she uttered stutteringly before she got up and fled immediately. Recovering from his shock, he got up from over Kiko’s body on the bed and hurriedly put on some clothes. When he was decent enough to have put on his pants, he hastily run after Dara deciding to ignore Kiko’s query about where he was headed to. He found her inside the elevator before it was completely closed. Not waiting for the other cart to open, he quickly strode to the stairs and run down as fast as he possibly can. When he got down to the ground floor, he saw some people just going out from the elevator, but no Dara is found. Thinking she might be one of the first to get out from the elevator, he runs immediately towards the parking lot to where she might be parked. He found her opening her car and before she can climb up the said vehicle, he intercepted and held her elbows. “Dara, let me explain” came his pleading breathless voice. “What is there to explain, huh, Jiyong? I saw and heard everything. We’re over” Dara replied before she forcefully wiggled her arms free from his hold and climbed to her car. But it was obvious to him how she was trying too hard not to let him know how she was deeply hurting and forcing herself not to crumble and cry in front of all the people around, which by the way became too obvious to him the next day when he saw her puffy eyes when she was busily trying to hold off Dongwook hyung from punching him further.

 

 

. I’ve hurt her. I’ve hurt her big time. Because of my quest for my own happiness and pleasure, I’ve hurt someone I cared for so much.

 

 

I need to at least ask for her forgiveness. That’ll be the only way for me to let go of this guilt and be really happy with Kiko now.  With that realization, he carefully untangled himself from his lover and dressed to go and ask for Dara’s forgiveness.

 

 

---

 

 

Looking from afar, everything seems normal.  A lone girl is seated on the sand seemingly watching and listening for the sounds of the waves of the sea water splashing on the edge of the shore. The girl’s back is rocking forward and back as if she was seated on a rocking chair instead of the grainy sand. Anyone could be fooled by that calm scenario, but not him. He was closely watching long enough to know that her hands are clutched with sand trying to suppress whatever emotion she has within her. The back and forth movement of her body was not only a peaceful swaying, but instead, he can see her shoulders shaking mildly while she sways her body to and fro. Listening closely, you can hear the barely contained sobs she was producing.

 

 

Then as if she had heard his thoughts, the subtle movements and sobs began to grow violently. The once gentle shaking became violent rocking, her clutched hands were now swinging left and right like she was throwing something on both sides instead of just sand. Her barely contained sobs became cries of anguish.

 

 

With jaws twitching and fists clenching tightly on his sides, Lee Seunghyun watched the girl as she trashed the sand around her as if she was throwing tantrums. But he knew better than to reduce her actions to mere throwing of tantrums. She is through a lot lately and all those things that are happening to her is eating her up inside. More than anything else, he wants her to release all those pent up emotions rather than act like everything was fine. He will just make sure he will be there for her, be it just silently watching her from afar, making sure the noona he adores so much will not be in any harm.

 

 

More than an hour has already passed since he arrived in the seashore in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter