Fiancé?

Ringless Finger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11

 

 

“Where do you think is our destination this time, hyung?” the maknae asked Youngbae.

 

 

“I have no idea at all. But I’m worried for them,” Youngbae turned his head towards a group of four girls huddled together with seats facing each other in the corner of the room, then shifted it again to the direction of their leader, looking longingly at a certain girl sitting within the huddle of four girls. She had her right side facing the dazed leader. She is oblivious of his stares and was animatedly talking with her group.

 

 

“Oh right. I hope noona would be okay. I hope they will be okay,” the maknae answered. He is starting to get worried too. This would be the first time since their break up that they would be in a secluded place for a week.

 

 

The president had just announced that their annual family vacation will commence soon, the destination though is yet to be announced.

 

 

It has become their company’s tradition to secretly go in a week-long vacation in an exclusively rented place since three years ago. The company president along with most of his staff, the dancers and all of his talents are required to participate the said event. The activities vary each year, which excites all of them. This was done to build up camaraderie and sense of family not only among the talents, but with the staffs and dancers as well.

 

 

Dara and Jiyong had always been partners or if not, always been part of one group before for their family vacation activities. Jiyong always made sure of that. If he is not permitted to be with her, he would go berserk. He had done it the first time Dara and the girls joined the annual family vacation. So from then on, the organizers made it a point for them to go together in one group as well. But now that they are not together anymore, no one knows how the grouping will be.

 

They were having a ten-minute break from the meeting with the president because the president himself had to take an important call.

 

 

“I really hope so maknae. I really do.” Youngbae turned his sight back to the girl. “Anyway, this might be the chance that Jiyong can have so that he can build their relationship back to being friends. They used to be best friends y’know.”

 

 

“I’m not sure if that would ever happen again hyung. Jiyong hyung had really hurt Dara noona. See those around Dara noona? They won’t let him be in the position to hurt her again.”

 

 

“Maybe this is better, hyung.” SeungRi paused. “Dara noona won’t be hurt again if they aren’t as close.” He then concluded.

 

 

“But don’t you think Jiyong suffered as well?—“

 

 

“But he did it to himself hyung. Not only did he hurt himself, he hurt my precious noona as well. Even more so.” The maknae interrupted before Youngbae was able to finish his question.

 

 

“I know that maknae. He knows that too well too. Do you think he had forgotten that fact? Ever since their break up, he lived each day knowing he had lost so much. He lost you, TOP hyung, ven-hyung, the girls, most of their mutual friends, even Kush hyung and most specially, HER. He lost all of you all because of one grave mistake. When his issue broke out, no one was there to give him a pat in the back or a hug telling him everything is going to be alright. He was all alone. I don’t even know how he was able to surpass that trial.”

 

 

“Then he should have just gone back to that warm body he banged. For sure she was one of the reasons why he had a sniff, a puff or whatever he did with that anyway.” SeungRi said, not willing to back down.

 

 

“Are you hearing yourself now Ri? You used to always be on Jiyong’s defense before. What happened? Where did that SeungRi go?” Youngbae asked, stunned at SeungRi’s bluntness.

 

 

“Well, that SeungRi chose to open his eyes the moment his precious noona was deliberately hurt by the man he had always looked up to.” The panda looking maknae seriously muttered. “Don’t get me wrong hyung, I still admire him as a singer, but when it comes to his issues with Dara noona~~” SeungRi just shook his head to finish his point.

 

 

“I’m not sure if I still know you maknae. You’ve changed a lot.”

 

 

“You were not the one who was with her when she was acting that nothing’s wrong hyung. You were not there when she tried to drown herself just so she can’t feel the pain anymore, to numb her. You were not there when she was crying her hearts out after holding it within herself when she thought no one was watching. You were not there because you chose to be in the neutral ground. Or was it that you chose to support your best friend’s wrong doing?” SeungRi said while glaring at Youngbae.

 

 

“Now, tell me hyung, were those reasons not enough for me to act this way with regards to their issues? If it’s not, then I don’t know what is anymore.” The maknae said, before he strolled away from his hyung and sat beside his TOP hyung.

 

 

Before Youngbae could react to defend himself from his accusations, sajangnim went back to the meeting hall and continued with the agenda of the meeting.

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

It has been roughly 16 hours since the news broke out. And now, he’s inside his own apartment, sitting against the wall, crouching down.

 

 

“Why is all of these happening to me all at the same time? Am I that despicable now?” the man on the floor muttered while looking longingly at the picture in his phone.

 

 

“I badly need you right now. I can face all these if you’re only here. Please come back to me.” Tears streamed from his eyes again. He’s been crying for hours now.

 

 

Four days. Four days since they’ve met at Han River. Four days since they’ve last met. After their meeting, Dara along with her girls immediately flew to Japan on the first flight out. He hasn’t seen her since then. It’s like she really plans to leave him alone for the rest of their lives. Something that he can’t live with.

 

 

“Please Dee, I really need you.”

 

 

For the thirteenth time since the news broke out, he tried calling the number he knows so much. “Please Dee, pick it up. Please”

 

 

“Jiyong…” the voice quietly called out after 5 rings.

 

 

Jiyong closed his eyes when tears cascaded more rapidly down from his eyes.

 

 

“Dee?” he asked stutteringly. He can’t bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter