Their Talk!

Ringless Finger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meet me at Han River, 12MN tomorrow

                                                                                                                                                                -Dee

 

 

That was the lone message that he received from her ever since they broke up. After receiving her message, he tried calling her numerous times, but she refused to take his calls. He even tried sending her messages on her mobile phone, but not a reply was sent back to him.

 

 

Even after not getting any response from her, he refuses to dampen his spirits. The mere fact that she was willing to talk to him made him jumpy all day. He can’t wait to meet her. He’ll apologize and beg her to take him back. He’ll do anything just to have her in his arms again. Oh, the Lord knows how much he misses her.

 

 

Armed with the thought of finally meeting his beloved to talk, he strolled lively through the YGE building. He greeted everyone he passes by in the hallway, a feat he wasn’t used to doing these past few weeks. He was rather a very grumpy man just a day ago.

 

 

The raise on the staffs’ brows didn’t go unnoticed as he continued to stroll happily inside. He can’t blame them though. How could he, when he knew how much he had barked orders on them and growled at their littlest mistakes like they’ve committed a mortal sin. Yes, that was him just a day ago. Oh, how a single message from her could change his mood.

 

 

Whistling as he rounded up a corner to one of the studios, he passed by some staffs talking.

 

 

“Glad to see 2ne1 back in the building.”

 

 

“Yes, but aigoo~ how I’d love to see Dara unnie back to how she was before…  you know what I mean right?”

 

 

“I know what you mean alright! Hul~ I want to see our lovely Ssantokki unnie back in shape… *sigh*” After giving what seem to be a loud sigh, the said staff looked up, froze for a while and finally composed herself. This made her companion look up too and gasped. Both of the staff bowed at him and scrambled off before he could even respond with a bow of his own.

 

 

His happy mood seemed to falter a bit. He was confused as to why the staff talked about his precious Dee like she was depressed. Aren’t we going to meet later tonight?

 

 

---

 

 

Dara continued chatting with Kush ignoring the awkward feeling she had since Jiyong went in the room. He hasn’t took his gaze off from her yet since he arrived. Even after he was snubbed by everyone else in the room, he remained seated on the couch across from her.

 

 

“2ne1, let’s take pictures together! I’ll post it on twitter!” exclaimed Kush excitedly.

 

 

“Okay oppa! Are we going to take it with all of us together?” asked Minzy cutely.

 

 

“No, have a picture with us one by one oppa!” Chaerin suggested. “Yes, then post it on twitter 2 minutes after the other.” Bom seconded Chaerin’s suggestion.

 

 

“That’s a good idea!”

 

 

Jiyong felt their disregard. Even Kush who was one of his closest friend in YG, is deliberately ignoring him today. He sighed loudly. He doesn’t understand it, even Dara is ignoring him. They were supposed to meet later, but why is she acting like he’s a ghost? With another loud sigh, he decided to get out of the room and let them be. He stood up and dejectedly went out the room.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiyong sat on the bench overlooking the peaceful river. He appeared to be calm, but inside is his inner turmoil. His stomach is overtaken by his nerves. He is getting nervous as the clock ticks and his palm is getting sweatier by the minute. His happy state early that morning is replaced by his worries. A lot of Ifs is within his mind. What if she plans to shut him off her life completely? What if she refuses to listen to his apologies?

 

 

When he saw her earlier, she didn’t even look up at him and just continued what she was doing. She seemed very tired. Her eyes told him so, even if she tried to act bubbly to others. He knew her too well to be deceived by her acts. And with that came his guilt. He knows he played a major role in making her feel that way. But he can’t just give up. He will do everything just for her to have him back.

 

 

His musings was disturbed by the tapping he felt on his shoulder. He straightened up and decided to calm his nerves before turning his head towards the person who distracted him from his reverie.

 

 

The face of the person who was constantly on his mind met his gaze. She was as beautiful as he can remember her to be. But just like her assessment earlier, she looked exhausted and stressed. His guilt went a notch higher.

 

 

“Hi,” he greeted with a shaky breath and tried to smile. She gave him a half smile of her own, “hello”.

 

 

Jiyong scooted a little to give Dara a little space to sit on. “Please sit down, you look very tired.” He said with a hint of concern lacing his voice.

 

 

“Thanks,” she timidly replied and proceeded to sit on the vacant space. Silence engulfed them as both are still sizing up the situation. Jiyong was trying to calm his nerves which is slowly eating his whole being while Dara tried to stop herself from crying. This is the first time for a very long time that both of them sat near each other. It felt like it has been years ago since they last sat beside each other. She missed him, that, she knows clearly.

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat to help ease his nerves which seems to startle Dara as she jerked at the sound of him clearing his throat. “How are you doing, Dee?” He tilted his head to see her face.

 

 

“Fine,” came her shaky reply. “I’m perfectly fine. Thanks for asking. How about you?” She tried feigning nonchalance, but failed as her shaky voice gave her away. She was nervous and she felt like she was facing her own death sentence. She’s afraid of his reaction. Will he accept it? Will he disagree? The thought of him telling her face to face that he doesn’t love her even for a bit scares her less.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter