The Ring

Ringless Finger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong was staring at his new purchase propped in its velvet box while he was seating on the lone couch inside Teddy’s recording room in their company’s building.

 

 

A simple high length to width ratio oval diamond in a six prong split shank white gold solitaire setting, paired with a thin white gold pave band for a classic, dainty, and vintage look was sitting in the middle of the said velvet box.

 

 

Without much thinking, he got the item from its box and scrutinized it under the room’s fluorescent light. Yes, on his hand, propped between his index finger and thumb, lies an engagement ring. He laughed when he remembered today’s event.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good afternoon, Sir. I see you're admiring our selection of rings. Today, we have some excellent bargains. Fifty percent off…"

 

 

Jiyong tuned out. Money wasn't an issue for him; he is the great G-Dragon after all. He earns more than anyone else could through composing, producing and singing. He wasn't interested in a bargain, and he really shouldn't be interested in buying Park Sandara a ring. Just because she still wasn’t in a relationship since they broke up some time ago didn't mean she would forgive him and accept anything that came from him. She had been ignoring his phone calls, and completely avoiding him for the first months since their break up, then reduced him to a mere friend the remaining months up to the present, so buying a ring for her was probably a pretty stupid idea.

 

 

Yet here he stood, in Tiffany & Co. right now, looking at the ring he'd seen several months ago. He was surprised but pleased to see that someone hadn't bought the stunning piece, and given it a home already. Under the lights the oval diamond, in a thin white gold pave band, caught the light and reflected it, shooting fire every which way one looked at it. It was an exquisite piece that would look even more exquisite once it was fastened around the index finger of a beautiful woman. Dara qualified as that and much, much more.

 

 

"That one," he told the store clerk. He looked at her badge. "Please, Hye Min."

 

 

She smiled at him, no doubt sensing she was about to make a very large sale.

 

 

"You have exceptional taste," she said to him, unlocking the display case, and removing the ring to show him.

 

 

"I want to see it out of the light."

 

 

"Of course," she said, only slightly taken aback by his request.

 

 

These wouldn't be the first diamonds he'd bought. He knew that how beautiful a diamond looked in the dark was just as important as the four Cs. He ignored the voice in his head telling him to abandon this idea of the ring immediately, and instead followed the clerk to the end of the display case, where she held the piece out of the light. It was still dazzling, even without the store lights working their magic.

 

 

"May I assume it meets with your approval?" Hye Min said to him, seeing the self-satisfied smirk on his face.

 

 

To be honest it had been a long time since he'd felt inspired to buy a piece of jewellery for someone other than himself, but now that he was here, he felt slightly smug about finding a piece worthy of his money.

 

 

"You assume correctly, Hye Min."

 

 

Hye Min wrapped it up for him, while attempting to engage him in polite conversation about how popular Big Bang still is even after all the scandals they’ve been through. Jiyong doesn’t really like talking about his and his groups’ trials and mistakes. He doesn’t really feel good about it. He’s still feeling ashamed for subjecting his group to such circumstances. He could have told her to give him the ring for nothing, or to shut-up and stay quiet, but the influence of the person he was buying it for stopped him from doing either. He visited several more stores to purchase preppy and fashionable clothes and accessories for their coming comeback, all the while putting up with more superficial conversation from the sales staff, good thing they managed to conceal their giddiness seeing him here.

 

 

Once he was finished, he stepped into the elevator of the YG building, thinking if Dara will still forgive him and accept the ring, despite all the pain and tears he subconsciously made her feel and shed before. Even if she wasn't impressed with the ring he'd bought her, he tried to picture her face when he gave her the ring but instead of seeing her pleased, or happy, all he could see was her polite acceptance thinking it was just another one of his gifts because she didn't want to hurt his feelings. Awkward. It would be nothing but awkward. Why on earth had he thought buying her a ring was a good idea?

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter