Cheaterbug

I Survived A Korean Dating Game Show

After agreeing to Donghae's dinner invitation, Hana found herself in a dilemma.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Yoona eyed Hana, "He might get the wrong idea."

"I can't reject him can I..? He is so persistent.."

"You've got to be ruthless. It's better for him in the long run." Jessica placed her hand on Hana's shoulder, "And your lovebites are really distracting, tell Jaejoong to be more gentle."

"Stop mentioning it! Everyone keeps asking about it and Mia scolded me just now. And well...I did tell Donghae before that I think we can only be good friends."

"Then what did he say?" Taeyeon looked interested

"He said I have can make my own choices, but he still has the freedom to pursue me." Hana shrugged, "He's really nice..I don't wanna see him sad."

"Jaejoong's gonna be really unhappy." Jessica gave Hana a you-know-he-will look.

"I know..stop stressing me out Sica!! I already sought his permission haven't I?" she tried to make herself feel better.

"It's alright, just do whatever you feel is right. You are not attached anyway, so it wouldn't hurt anyone." Yoona smiled comfortingly

"Yeah. You are still young, don't worry too much over such stuff, just have fun!" Taeyeon smiled, "Oh I got a missed call from Fany."

Just then, Tiffany appeared at the door, "Rehearsal's starting in five minutes."

Hana tried to ignore the icy glare that Tiffany shot her. They used to be close until Tiffany found out from Jessica that Jaejoong liked Hana, it annoyed her that she was so popular with the boys, she didn't think that it was fair.

"Alright we gotta go down now, come find us if you still feel troubled." Jessica squeezed Hana's hand

"Bye Na~" Taeyeon and Yoona hugged her before leaving

Hana spent the remaining hours of training feeling uneasy about the dinner date, what if Donghae, like what Yoona said, gets the wrong idea? But he was so happy when she agreed that she really did not want to ruin his happiness.

After training ended, she bade goodbye to her dancers and went to the office.

"I realize my mistake already~ stop being so harsh to me!" she tugged at Mia's arm after getting scolded for the third time today, thanks to the stupid lovebites.

"I really don't understand what you youngsters are thinking, how can you allow Kim Jaejoong to do this?! Didn't I tell you not to get too close to him? I am already closing an eye whenever he spends the night at your apartment." Mia fumed, "There must be a generation gap somewhere."

"Of course not, Mia-unni is young and youthful!" she beamed

"Be careful not to let any fans or reporters catch you with them or they are gonna make a big hoo-ha, then I'll have to clear up the mess for you." she sighed, "I know you are still young and will get easily distracted by many things, I am not stopping you from seeing Kim Jaejoong but just don't get into trouble. I will not be able to help you if Director gets angry" she wiped the sweat off Hana's face with a tissue.

Mia might be strict at times, but she was always like a loving sister to Hana and was very protective of her. On the other hand, Director Lee was not one to mess with, he often punished people who did not follow his orders. Although Hana has always received preferential treatment from him because she was his favourite, she knew how he would physically and mentally torture the other trainees and artistes in the company. She shuddered at the thought of him.

After packing up and bidding goodbye to Mia, Hana made her way to the lobby, where Donghae was waiting. His face lit up when he saw her, "Hana!"

She smiled at him, observing his appearance. He looked very pleasant so she would give him.....8 upon 10.

The first time Donghae met Hana was on the day she entered the company, barely two hours after she met Jaejoong.

She was at the cafeteria with Key, her highschool bestfriend who entered the company together with her, after having her first meeting with Director Lee who introduced her to DBSK. Super Junior, who just ended a schedule entered the cafeteria awhile later. Like every other hot blooded young korean male at that time, they had already watched her famous Naver video and have been very curious about their new junior ever since they heard that she would be joining the company.


When the 13 boys met her, there was a huge uproar in the cafeteria as everyone fought to speak to her. After all, she was a new face and they were all curious young boys.

Donghae, especially, was stunned by her beauty. She oddly reminded him of a feather, soft and white and pure and the way her eyes curved when she smiled was absolutely adorable.

Looks aside, she was intelligent, caring, bubbly and had a great laugh. It was his favourite sound, her laughter.

Heechul hit it off with her and Key immediately, whereas Donghae was left in the cold because he was too shy to talk to her. Typically, in any other love story the protagonist would always notice the shyest member, but no, things did not progress like that. In fact, Hana did not notice Donghae till a month later. And that was only because Heechul mentioned him.

Even after she got to know of him, she did not bother to make any further action - she was busy enough trying to fend off numerous suitors. Everywhere she went there would be boys surrounding her and fussing over her, vying for her affection. So Donghae was left in the cold, until one fine day he could not take it anymore and mustered up all his courage to approach her while she was in the resting lounge. But it was a bad decision he made, because he found six pairs of eyes staring blankly at him... Hana and DBSK.

"....hi?" he gave a weak smile

Yunho smiled back, "Are you looking for us?"

"Uh....no..." he felt his pulse racing, "I'm...I'm here to look for..for Hana.."

Hana looked surprised, so did the boys from DBSK.

"You guys know each other?" he raised a brow

Hana ignored Jaejoong's question and walked towards the door, "Hi Donghae, what is it?"

"Well I...I..." Donghae was intimidated by the five guys sitting in the background eyeing him suspiciously and Hana noticed, so she closed the door behind her and smiled welcomingly at him

"I just wanted to say hi..and this is for you." he handed her a thermos flask, "I heard you had a cough. This drink always heals me when I have a cough."

Her face lit up at the flask, "Thanks! That's so nice of you, my cough is better already, but I will finish this. Thank you!"

"Um....is it okay if..." he was about to ask for her number when she suddenly swept her index finger across his forehead, "There was something on your face but it's gone now. What were you saying?"

By now, his heart was thumping so fast that he couldn't think of anything to say, then someone opened the door, "Hana-ah, why are you taking so long?" Jaejoong peeped out through a crack in the door

That was the first time Jaejoong interrupted him and Hana, and he never stopped doing it ever since then.

"You look nice!" coming back to the present, Donghae's smile was so sincere that she actually felt flattered.

Dinner was fine, the food was good and so was the ambience. Donghae was exceptionally chatty tonight. Hana decided to turn her phone off so that there would be no interruptions, particularly from Jaejoong, who was a SMS addict. He could send up to 10 messages in a row. However, this move of switching her phone off could potentially endanger her life because he hated it when he couldn't reach her. So, instead of being less distracted, she spent most of dinner fearing what would happen when she turns her phone on later. After dinner ended, she decided that perhaps Donghae deserves a chance.....he was too sincere for her to reject.

In comparison to Jaejoong the lion, Donghae seemed like a lamb. The minute she switched her phone on she found 15 new messages, of which 6 were from Jaejoong, just like what she had expected.

[ I'm going for my schedule now! <3 <3 ]

[ There's a commercial break now, Junsu just got scolded by Yunho because he made a mistake.]

[ Have you finished dinner? I should reach the restaurant at about 10:30PM <3 ]

[ Why aren't you replying me???????? ]

[ Reply me before I get mad at you, you idiot girl! ]

[ YAH WHY IS YOUR PHONE OFF! YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT FROM ME TONIGHT ]

She immediately dialed his number, and he picked up after barely a ring.

"Hello?"

"Jae?"

"What." he replied coldly

"I'm sorry! I had to turn off my phone just now."

"You didn't tell me!"

"It slipped my mind, I'm truly sorry. Forgive me??"

"I'll consider."

"Are you coming to fetch me?"

"Are you still with Donghae?"

"Yes I am, he's with me now."

"Well then you can tell him to leave, I'll be there in a while."

"That wouldn't be nice..why don't you.."

"Stop arguing with me! I have the final say!"

"Fine!"

She turned to Donghae apologetically, "Jaejoong is coming to fetch me"

"Jaejoong?" he had a knowing look on his face, "It's alright, I will hail a cab home."

"So sorry, I'll make it up to you next time!"

"No it is okay! I'll wait with you until he comes" he smiled graciously

Around fifteen minutes later, Jaejoong's R8 came into sight. After a brief greeting, Hana got on the car and waved goodbye to Donghae.

After arriving at her apartment, Hana meekly followed Jaejoong into the living room. He sat himself down on the sofa and the television.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." she sat on his lap and put her arms around his neck

He eyed her intently, "You're only sorry now?! What about when I was feeling sad and lonely without your replies?!"

He was angry, angry that she ignored him the entire night because of someone else. He didn't even want to execute his plan to bed her anymore.

"Quit being so petty! I said I'm sorry! You shouldn't be Hero Jaejoong, you should be Petty Jaejoong!" she got off him, exasperated. Then, an idea suddenly hit her.

"How about this..." she smiled, then took off her coat. And then her sweater. And then her blouse. And then she was left with a singlet and undergarments, "Will you forgive me if I take everything off?"

"I might consider." a smile was forming on his lips

So, slowly and seductively she wriggled out of the singlet. But just as she got the entire thing off, she immediately covered herself with the coat and ran into the room, "That's all for today!"

"YAH! YOU CHEATERBUG! YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!" he shouted, then ran after her into the room while taking off his own sweater and tank top. Now he will execute his plan.