Confession

I'm sorry, I LOVE YOU.

 

From across the hallway, a lean girl with a shoulder length hair was seen running towards the front door. The papers in her hands are just inches away from spreading wide onto the floor. Her wavy brown hair was blown like a TV commercial. She was wearing a huge navy blue t-shirt tucked-in her white shorts, with a pair of grey sneakers and a small baby blue ribbon neatly placed on her head.

 

“Jaein-shi!” someone shouted her name.

She turned around and was greeted by another girl of her age. “Ne?” she smiled towards the other girl.

“Our class teacher wants to see you, she said it is urgent. I’m not sure what it is though.”

“Owh, okay… Where is she now?” Jaein nodded.

“She’s at the gym. I’m sorry I couldn’t go with you, my mum is waiting,” the girl bowed and wave towards Jaein before she went out of the school’s main door.

 

----------

 

“Okay hyung, just go down there and wait for her okay. Goodluck!” Kai smiled as he push Kyungsoo towards the school’s direction, before running after the bus that have just arrived.

“Yah! Yah! YAH! JONGIN-AH!!!” Kyungsoo ran after the bus but he was a second too late. He frowned onto the image of Kai laughing at him, “that kid!” he stomped his feet towards the school’s ground.

 

‘One step… Two step…. Three step…’ he whispered to himself. He looked over to his left wrist, ‘hmmm… I am 15 minutes late, but she’s not here yet.’

 

“Owh, sunbae-nim, what are you doing here?” a girl bowed towards him.

“I’m waiting for someone, is there anyone inside still?”

“Owh… a few students have their extra class though and some have a basketball training session,” the girl explained. “Who are you looking for anyway?” she asked.

“Hmmm… Jaein, Yoo Jaein from class 3…” he bit his lips.

“Ne~ Jaein-shi… She was on her way out just now but a teacher called her, it was urgent. I’m not sure how long it will take her, but I think it will be late.”

“Owh, really? I’ll just wait for her here then, thanks for the info.”

“No problem, I have to go now. See you soon~” the girl bowed before entering the white car in front of her.

 

Kyungsoo looked over at his watch for the nth time, 30 minutes... it’s been 30 minutes. ‘Where is she?’ he frowned.

He took his phone out and dialled Kai’s number.

“YAH! I’ve been standing here for 30 minutes and she’s not here yet!”

“What? How come?”

“Someone told me that she have last minute school errands to do, this is so frustrating!” his hands went through his hair.

“Chill okay… Why don’t you try calling her?”

“If she’s doing some errands, I don’t want to disturb her.”

“Okay… Why don’t you call her once, if she doesn’t answer, then text her or something. Or go inside the school and try to find her, okay. Hyung I’m kinda busy here, ahem…. You know… practicing,” Kai coughed.

“Haish! Araso! I’ll try and call her, bye, bye~”

 

Kyungsoo went through his contact list. He was debating himself, to call or not to call.

 

“I’m sorry, did you wait for a long time?” a girl suddenly stood in front of Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were big, VERY big. He was speechless at the image of an angel standing before him.

“Kyungsoo-shi?” the girl wave her hands in front of him.

He woke up from his day dream, “Oh? Ne~ Jaein-shi~” he smiled.

“Did you wait for a very long time?” Jaein asked again.

Kyungsoo quickly shook his head, “No~ I just arrive, it wasn’t very long~”

 

----------

 

“Here sit,” Kyungsoo pulled the chair for Jaein. “What would you like to drink?” he handed her the menu.

Jaein smiled, “Anything~ I’m not that picky.”

“Okay, one mocha chino for me and….. One chocolate latte for her,” Kyungsoo handed the waitress the menu and direct his attention to the girl sitting in front of him.

 

“How are you?” he stared at her hazel brown eyes.

“I’m doing fine,” she gave him her billion dollar eye smile. “Oh, speaking of that, what is it that you want to tell me?” Jaein put her arms on the table.

“Ummm.. Let’s wait for the drink first okay… But how’s your study? You have a few months left till your SAT right?”

Jaein nodded, “Ne~ Ah, it is so stressful!” she pouted. “On top of the current student council works, it is as if I have no time to study~”

 “That must be hard on you,”

“Ne~” she pouted. “How about you? How is your university? Is it any good?” she added.

“Life is stressful as usual, but I’m glad my university course don’t need much from me, I only need to sing, like I always do,” he smiled.

“Owh, you like to sing?” she asked.

“Ne~ Actually I’m training to be a singer right now,” he put his hand behind his neck and laughed. ‘note number one, checked’

“Really? Wow… What company?” she began taking interest.

“I’m training in SM right now. Actually it’s been almost a year. I started when I was about your age,” he nodded to himself.

“Woah, that must be hard on you…”

“Not really~” he laughed. “Since I like to sing… so…” he smiled to her.

 

“Here, drink~” Kyungsoo handed her the drink.

“Thanks,” she smiled.

Kyungsoo drank a sip of his drink, “Jaein-shi~” he looked at her.

Jaerin divert her attention to the guy in front of her,  “Ne?” she smiled.

“Actually~……….. “ he bit his lips. He was speechless upon the image of the girl he fancy sitting directly in front of him. Looking at him with those beautiful eyes, giving him a gorgeous smile.

He took a deep breath, “Actually I’m interested in you,” he looked at her reaction. Her eyes were big and she was chewing her lips. After a few seconds, she look down on the table and sighed.

“I’m sorry,” she squeaked.

 

She took a deep breath and pressed her lips together. “I’m sorry, I don’t think I can divide more of my time…… for a relationship,” Jaein look deep into his eyes. He was clearly disappointed. “I’m sorry,” she frowned.

Kyungsoo was looking down on the table, “I’m sorry,” she sighed loudly.

 

“Can’t you give me a chance?” Kyungsoo hold both her hands.

“Ne?”

“Let’s go out for two weeks and if that doesn’t work, then we will go separate ways,” Kyungsoo bit his lips.

Jaein sighed again for the nth time, she didn’t dare to look at him in the eyes.

“Please?” he looked at her with teary eyes. He thought she would say okay, he thought everything would fall into places just like he planned it to be.

Jaein sighed again, “Kyungsoo-shi… I’m…”

“One Week,” he put his hands on the table. “Just give me one week, okay?.... Please~” a tear slid down his cheeks.

She chewed on her lips and look at the crying boy in front of her.

“One week?” she whispered.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Just one week…. Please~” he begged.

 

Jaein was calculating inside her head before she nodded to Kyungsoo. “Okay… one week,” she smiled.

Kyungsoo’s small frown soon turned into a smile. “Thanks.”

 

“Wh-What do you want to do for this one week?” she said in a low voice.

“I’ll treat you like a princess,” he clasped his hands together and grinned.

“Oh… okay…. Should we go now?”

He pulled her up from her seat, “Let’s go~ I’ll treat you an ice cream.”