Phone call

I'm sorry, I LOVE YOU.

 

 

 

“Hyung, you got that wrong. Your hand should go straight to the side like this,” Kai showed Kyungsoo the proper way to dance.

Kyungsoo sighed, “ but my hands are straight,” he frowned.

“No, it is supposed to be like this, straight up, then to the side, still keeping it straight. What you did is straight up but then your arms bent a bit when moving to the side like this,” Kai showed the movement as he explained to Kyungsoo.

“Haish! I can’t understand this dance!” he ruffled his hair and sat on the floor.

 

“Hyung is something bothering you? You don’t seem that interested in learning dancing today,” Kai sat beside Kyungsoo.

“I don’t know, there’s just something going on in my mind right now,” Kyungsoo chewed on his lips.

“What? Eeehhh, don’t tell me it’s because of a girl.”

“I don’t know.”

“Tell me, what’s her name?”

 

…… Kyungsoo was busy in his dreams…..

 

“Hyung, tell me the name of that girl who took your heart,” Kai snap his fingers infront of Kyungsoo.

“Jaein…. Yoo Jaein,” Kyungsoo smiled.

“So it is because of a girl,” Kai smirked.

“She is so pretty……. She’s a hobae at my previous high school. She is graduating this year, with you and Sehun,” Kyungsoo smiled to himself.

“Yah, uri hyung is in LOVE,” Kai shouted the last part.

“SHHHH, don’t let the others know…. Just yet, especially Joonmyun(suho) hyung,” Kyungsoo put his fore fingers upon his lips.

 

He scrunch up his nose, “What should I do?”

“You should propose of course!” the younger one laughed. “You should go to her right now and tell her how much you like her.”

“But it’s not easy, we are not close friends you see,” Kyungsoo pouted.

“Then how come you know her? I mean, since she’s not in your class and all.”

“Remember last week I went to my high school reunion?”

“Yeah, that time when you return late at night,” Kai nodded.

“Yeah, I saw her there. She is one of the current student council, she handle the reunion party for us……” Kyungsoo was smiling. “She was wearing a white gown and she looks like an angel.”

 

“So?”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo’s eyes were as big as cat’s eyes.

“So… Did you get her number?”

“I…. I did,” he smiled.

“So… call her,” Kai stood up and went to the benches near the mirror. He went to Kyungsoo’s bag and took his phone. “Here, call her… Ask her if you can bring her to a dinner,” Kai handed the phone to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo just sat there, staring at the phone, fiddling with the numbers. Kai took the phone and search for her name and he was ‘this’ close to pressing the green call button when Kyungsoo tried to snatch the phone away. Kai stood and run away from Kyungsoo with the phone still in his hand. They were laughing hard, Kyungsoo trying to catch Kai, Kai was trying to press the green button.

 

“Kyungsoo, Jongin, what are you doing?” leader Suho entered the room.

“I’m just trying to help this boy right here,” Kai said in high pitch voice, still trying to run away in circles from Kyungsoo.

“Jongin, you better give me that phone now, or else….”

“Look, I’m just….. I’m JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!” Kai ran faster when he saw Kyungsoo just a few feet away from him.

“Who are you trying to call Jongin?” asked Sehun.

“This girl Kyungsoo hyung have a crush on,” he laughed.

“WHAT?” Suho shouted. “You shouldn’t have a relationship at this stage!!”

“and that’s what I’m trying to do,” said Kyungsoo. “But …… Jongin……  is ….. insisting,” he stopped running to catch his breath.

“WAIT!!!!!! IT’S ON!!!!!” Kai stop running and sat on the floor. He put the phone on loudspeaker. Kyungsoo’s eyes were bigger than the cat’s eye when he heard the phone ringing.

 

‘one’

 

‘two’

 

‘three’

 

‘four’

 

‘five’

 

“YAH YAH! Switch it off, it’s been 5 rings already,” Kyungsoo was trying to snatch the phone away but Kai was faster.

 

‘six’

 

“Hyung, let’s just wait till the 10th ring, then we will end it,” said Sehun.

 

‘seven’

 

“You guys are really going to be in trouble!” Suho shook his head.

 

‘eight’

 

“Awww, why isn’t she answering?” Kai frowned.

 

‘nine’

 

“Okay, It’s officially 10 rings already, now end the call,” said Kyungsoo, still trying to snatch the phone away.

“Haiya~ there goes our chance,” said Kai.

“That’s a shame,” said Sehun.

“Now go back to your practice,” Suho stood from the floor.

 

….

 

….

 

 

“Hello?” a soft voice was heard at the other side of the phone.

 

“Hello?” she asked again.

 

“hyung!!” Sehun whispered loudly.

Kai shove the phone to Kyungsoo, “talk to her,” he whispered.

 

“Hello, Jaein-shi. This is Kyungsoo,” he said in a low voice.

“Owh, Kyungsoo sunbae, hello…. How can I help you?”

“Ne…. I was…… I was wondering,” Kyungsoo look at Kai.

“Ne?”

“Ne, I was wondering if I can meet you, later…. I need to ask you about some things.”

“Today?..... I’m quite busy with the school’s prom arrangement today. Sorry…”

“Owh…. It’s okay…” Kyungsoo frowned.

“How about tomorrow, after school?......” Jaein giggled. “I mean, after my school. Around 3?”

Kyungsoo smiled, Sehun was smiling as well. “Tomorrow, at 3, I’ll pick you up from school,” he nodded.

“But… what is about really?”

“Owh, nothing big though, just about…… something….. I’ll tell you tomorrow… okay, bye~” Kyungsoo quickly ended the phone call and shouted to Kai. “Kyaaaa~~”

 

“So you got a date tomorrow,” Kai laughed. “See, I told you it was worth it.”

“I’m not responsible for this mess you guys get yourself into,” the leader walk out of the room and close the door very hard.

“What is his problem?” Kyungsoo asked, still smiling.

“Nah, don’t mind about him, he is probably just jealous,” Kai laughed.

“Hyung, chukahae~” Sehun smiled.

 

“Hmmm… what should I say tomorrow?” Kyungsoo cupped his face.

“Just tell her the truth,” said Kai.

“Haish, I shouldn’t have call her just now.”

 

Sehun stood and walk towards his bag on the bench. He took a notebook and a pen.

 

“Things to say tomorrow,” he whispered as he wrote it down in blue ink.

“First thing first: tell her you are a trainee to be a singer, or else when the news are out, she would be disappointed,” Kai pointed towards the notebook.

The magnae wrote down everything Kai said, whispering each word, “number one…. Tell her you are a trainee, soon to be a singer.... ne…”

“second, tell her you are interested in her since the first time you saw her years back then,” Kai continued.

And that is how the three of them spent the supposedly ‘training’ time which Suho believe they were doing.