Falling for Someone New

Rebound

They arrived at the park and stayed at an area where a big tree was standing. Danny quickly ran with Bo towards the grassy field. Nate smiled as he looked at him. Natalie on the other hand felt his joy. "You know. You're good in making women happy." She said while she smiled at him.

"Oh yeah. Even at bed. They seem to be with joy." Nate replied.

"That's gross." Natalie said with a frown.

Nate laughed hard. "Do you wanna try?"

"No thank you." Natalie stood up and went towards Danny and Bo. Nate laughed at her expression. As he looked at the both of them playing around, he couldn't help but imagine how beautiful it would look like to have Natalie by his side always. She was really nice and simple and for him, girls like her were rare. Natalie gave Danny a helicopter ride. She ran with Danny on her back and Danny smiled and shouted with joy.

Suddenly both of them fell down. Nate quickly stood up and ran towards them. When he saw them on the ground, they were laughing.

 

Natalie was different with children. Kids like her. Usually, Danny never plays with someone he does not know, but with Natalie, he seemed very comfortable. Natalie stood up and brought Danny to his feet. She looked at Nate and hit him. "You're it! Com'on Danny! Let's run!" 

Natalie, Danny and Bo ran away from Nate. They stopped to look at him while Bo continued running. As soon as both of them looked back, Nate ran towards them. He tried to catch Danny but he was so smart and fast. When he saw that Natalie was getting tired, he ran so fast to get her. She was so slow that when he was finally near her he quickly carried her in a lover's carry and ran some more. Danny laughed so hard he went towards them. Natalie tried to go down that they almost fell. Nate knelt on the ground and lied on his back. Bo him on the face and he didn't mind at all. Natalie also lied down on Nate’s chest. Danny went to them and sat beside Natalie. The three of them kept laughing.

"I'm really tired." Natalie said as she tried catching her breath. Bo went to sit beside her and Danny. Nate's hand went for Natalie's hair. He brushed it and Danny kept staring.

"Will I ever meet a girlfriend like you Natalie?" He asked her. Nate sat up and asked, "Why Danny, do you want someone like Natalie?" Natalie took Danny's hand and pulled him towards her. "Someday Danny, you'll meet someone better than me. She'll really love you since you're a good boy. Good girls love good boys."

"Ohhhhh. When will that day come Natalie?"

"When you grow up to be like Nate" She smiled at him. Danny looked at Nate and then back at Natalie. He smiled and added, "It's good that Nate finally found his good girl. You are perfect for a good boy like Nate. Someday when I grow up to be like him, I will also have my own Natalie."

Natalie laughed at his observation.

"No Danny. Nate and I aren't—"

"Yes. It's good that I've finally found my Natalie."

Nate looked at her and she blushed. She couldn't say a word. Nate surrendered back to the ground and whistled. Natalie just stared at him in shock. Danny stood up and ran again with Bo. Natalie continued looking at Nate. 

"Are you serious?" Natalie finally asked. Nate was closing his eyes. He stopped whistling and just smiled. "I said what I said and I don't lie to little children."

"What do you mean?" Natalie couldn't believe what just came out of his mouth. He didn't answer this time. He just laid there and smiled. After waiting for his reply, she decided to lie back also. She looked at the blue sky and said softly, "I think I also found my good boy…" Nate's eyes opened and he looked at Natalie but Natalie was already closing her eyes. He did not talk. He just laid there with her. He whistled again and Natalie listened. She felt really happy. Despite everything that happened, she thanked God for bringing her to the locker room that day when they first met. Nate took her hand and held it as they laid together on the grass. She just smiled and held it back. 

"Hmmmmn. I still want to make you happy in a different way though." He said. She hit her on his rib with her elbow and said, "ert!" 

Both laughed as they continue holding each other’s hands.

 

 

Nate and Danny dropped Natalie off at her place that evening. Danny didn't want her to go but she had to since it was Monday the next day.

"Will we still play next time Natalie?"

"Yes of course Danny. Just call me and I'll be with you right away." 

Natalie smiled. She closed the door behind her and said goodbye to the both of them. "I'll call you later." Nate said as he shifted the gear. 

"See you tomorrow."

Nate drove away quickly. Natalie went inside and quickly went to her room. She didn't really thought about how she would react when she'd see Jake. She wasn't affected anymore. When she opened the door to her room, she saw Camille making out with a classmate from merchandise mathematics.

"I didn't know you two liked each other." Natalie said while laughing. 

"Great Nat, you're just in time."

"Don't worry. If you want me to go, I'll be waiting outside." Natalie was about to go when Camille asked her to stay. The guy named Matt stood up and went out instead. They said their goodbyes and finally both girls were alone. "So, where have you been?" Camille asked.

"I've  been with Nate Walters and his nephew Danny." She said.

"Oh really, I didn't know you like him." Camille purred.

"We never had a chance to talk."

"So, do you really like him?"

Natalie paused and thought about the question. She remembered how it felt when Nate was there for her when she needed help. "Kind of"

"The truth Nat. Do you like him?"

Natalie smiled. She didn't want to admit to herself that she actually liked him. She was surprised to have forgotten about Jake after a day. 

"Yes."

"Finally! You just don't know how long I suffered when you kept crying about Jake and how he loved Rachel rather than you. My gosh, what a relief!"

Natalie laughed at the thought of it, but she didn't completely forget about him. She still had feelings for him. For now, she knew where she stood and she has Nate with her. She smiled at the thought of Nate. Finally she can breathe. "By the way, Jake kept coming here to ask for you. I told him you were at Nate's since that's what you told me. My gosh Nat, I can't believe what you've been through for the past three days. I'm sorry I wasn't around."

"Naaaah. It's okay. You're still my best friend."

 

Both of them slept late. They talked about who Matt was and how Camille met him at the library. Natalie also shared about how Nate took care of her. They were having fun and for the first time Natalie never thought about Jake. She was happy with Nate and she loved it!