BO

Rebound

She was beautiful. She smelled great and her hair bounced as she went towards the patio. As expected, Nate was there relaxing. She went to him and sat on a chair. "Hey! Where are we going?" He opened his eyes and saw her. She was smiling and even without any make-up on, her beauty was shining. She was beautiful, he thought. "What took you so long?" He asked camly.

"Duh. I'm a woman you idiot." She smiled sarcastically.

"Call me idiot one more time and you'll have to give me back everything your wearing right now."

Her smile faded. "Okay sorry Master."

He stood up and gazed at the small garden beside the pool. She followed his gaze and wondered what he was looking.

"Danny! Come here"

A boy about three years old came running with Popo tagging along.

"Are we going now Nate?" The boy said excitedly.

"Danny, I want you to say hi to Natalie."

The kid looked at her and gave out a big smile. He took her hand and kissed it. "Hi Ms. Natalie. Nice to meet you. I am  Danny Walters." 

Natalie smiled. "Who's this Nate?"

"Uh. This is my nephew. He's coming with us. He is Kate's son, you know, my sister. She asked me to take care of him since she had an important meeting today. So yeah. We need to babysit him for a while."

"Oh. That would be fun. It's just like playing with my brother." She looked at the child and the child smiled at her. Danny took her hand and demanded Nate to bring them to the park right away. Nate carried the child and asked Natalie to go to the car first since he needed to take Danny's things from his room. She agreed and went downstairs. She was excited to play with Danny. It's been a long time since she played tag with little children. When she went outside the house, a silver car was already parked on the driveway. She knew right there that it was the car Nate decided to bring to the park. When she opened the front door, she was surprised to see a white Labrador with a big ribbon on its neck. There was a little card attached to it and it read:

 

              I think you'll like her.

            She makes people smile.

                  Her name is Bo.

              Take good care of her.

                                          N.

 

 

"Oh my gosh. You're so cute!!!!! Oh no. If I take you with me, where will I put you? Do they have rules about animals? Awww. You're so  adorable!"

"You can leave her here. I'll take care of her for the mean time." 

Nate came out with Danny on his arms. He knew exactly why he gave Bo to Natalie. One reason was, animals made her smile, and she looked beautiful whenever she smiled. The other reason was he wanted to see her often, and having Bo with him gave him a reason to ask her out to his place if he wanted to. She smiled at him and said her thank you. The three of them went inside the car and Nate drove to the park. He was happy and he knew why. It was because of her. Somehow, she also felt the same way. She had never experienced being with a man who treated her well. As she looked outside the window, she thought of having a different life; A life where she can be free and be happy, a life where she no longer has to wait for something that never came, a life where she can actually live freely. She wanted that kind of life, and for some reason, she wanted a life with someone like Nate Walters.