The Past Is Always There, Waiting To Ruin The Present

Falling For You Is BitterSweet

Comment Replies:

vvictory: I'm an otaku too you know. :D Just not an active one! XD But, I'm sorry i mispelled Fairy Tail. XD enjooy~ Oh. don't feel sorry. :) I got over it.. i guess. HAHA!

woojae: Yes. Lind-sey. GD? oh you know him. VERY WELL. I thought you know what I was writing? :)) YAH! Don't you recognize yourself here? :))

~*

 

"Okay class. We have been getting along these past two days as a family." Mrs. Lee said as she stood in front of the class, happily eyeing us one  by one.

 

"So, I would like all of you to get along also with our new transfer student and our new family member." she suddenly said.

 

There's a sudden unison of gasps and whats. Some happy, and some, maybe not. Mrs. Lee's sudden announcement just left others thinking if they should be rejoicing or just not give a damn about it.

 

"She also came from the Philippines like Sandara-ssi. And she also came from the same school. What a coincidence right?" she added.

 

You can hear murmurs throughout the whole class. I can't even say it's called 'murmurs' for I can hear them clearly from accross the room. Some are betting if she's pretty or not or if she will survive the class or she'll end up in the dumps. Funny how my classmates think of such hilarious nonsense.

 

"You can come in now." Mrs. Lee said.

 

When the girl stepped inside the classroom, I just got the biggest shock in my life.

 

 

"HYE SUN?!"

"SANDARA?!"

 

~*

 

"Okay, class dismissed." Mrs. Lee said.

 

At last! I'm waiting like, FOREVER for her to declare those words.

 

"Okay. Spill. What are you doing here?! I thought you still wanted to pursuade your career there in the Philippines? WHAT HAPPENED?"

 

"I-.. Let's talk outside." she said as she dragged me outside.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she demanded.

 

"I am here because, I study here. I mean, I have been telling you guys for the past years that I want to change schools. But, you never listened to me and treated it as a joke! Wait. I should be the one asking you that!" I bursted.

 

"Oh, don't tell me that lame excuse Sandara Park. I know you very well. You love the Philippines and you never ever let your parents drag you to what they want. This is about Hyung Joong isn't it? And no, I need a clear explanation first before I tell you what's going on with me. Right now, It's about YOU. So, speak." she exclaimed.

 

"NO. IT ISN'T. I got over it. Why is it all about me?! For Heaven's sake! It's been a year already after we broke up and you guys are still blabbering about it? " I said bursting and rolling my eyes.

 

"He still loves you." she suddenly said.

 

I was caught off guard of her sudden confession.

 

He still loves me?

 

No. He can't. It's all over for us. I had hurt him so much that I can't risk hurting him even more.

 

"He doesn't. He can't love me anymore." I said, my head down, as I walked past her and ran away.

 

***

 

I don't know what is happening right now. Why did she have to come here?

 

She'll just ruin everything.

 

I cried as I ran to God knows where. I don't know what to do. I thought that I got over him.. but I think my heart still doesn't know the meaning of 'move on' and 'forget'.

 

I don't know why, but I ended up in front of the library.

 

I wiped my tears away as I entered the place.

 

As expected, It was quiet.

 

I sighed as I went to the farthest shelf and sat on the darkest corner of the room.

 

I just want to be alone.

 

I don't want anything to do with my past anymore. I don't want to remember anymore! I tried to forget. But, why did it have to haunt me until here?!

 

I am so tired of this game. I don't want to play anymore.

 

Even here, I'm alone again.

 

I cried until my heart ached no more.

 

Until, it didn't matter anymore.

 

Until my whole body felt numb from all the pain.

 

Until I finally convinced myself that I have to move on.

 

That I have to let go.

 

That I have to accept.

 

That I have to forgive..

 

***

 

"Good Morning!" I beamed.

 

"Dara.. I-"

 

"No, Hye Sun. Let's not talk about that. And, Good Morning! We have a bright future ahead of us. Might as well start studying." I cut her off even before she could remind me of whatever it is in the past. I hope she gets the message.

 

She looked at me intently as if trying to read what's on my mind.

 

I just smiled at her and went to my seat, grabbed a book and tried to read.

 

She followed me to my seat and just stood there, staring at me with those lost eyes.. I don't know what is her problem, but, I know that I had already fixed out mine. So, I asked her what was wrong.

 

"Hye Sun-ah.. What's wrong? We still have to study you know. You can't just stare off int-"

 

"My parents found out." she cut off.

 

 

NO.

 

Her parents what?!

 

"Hye Sun-ah.. what? Ho-"

 

"I went to the bathroom to take a shower when my phone rang. I decided not to answer because it would just be a bother. But, Dara, after two rings, it suddenly stopped. He never stops calls after two rings, Dara.. It's.. my aunt. She heard my phone ring and decided to answer it.. And that.. that.. . He didn't even let her speak when he asked AGAIN.. and.. she got mad.. and she told my parents.. and.. and.. it's all my fault!" she exclaimed as her tears flowed down to her cheecks.

 

Seeing her like this is not what I wanted. I never thought that she'd be in a situation like this. How hard it must have been for her. She have to put up with all the pain and stand strong.. I stood up from my seat and hugged her tight.

 

This is all his fault. It's all his fault that the two of us are miserable.

 

U-know Yunho.. You'll pay.

 

***

 

"How'd you end up here?" I asked her.

 

We skipped class and decided to hide in the library. Surprisingly, the Librarian just ignored us and let us pass.

 

"Mom said I should go abroad.. But she felt like America would be too much for me so she dumped me here.. Now I feel like trash." she said as she sighed and looked up.

 

"I feel so stupid.. I let myslef be used by him.." she said, her eyes filled with pain and regret.

 

It's not just you.. He fooled me, too.

 

"You should just forget about him and move on. That's what I've been doing.." I said, hoping to comfort her even just a little bit.

 

"Yeah.. I think I should do that." she said as she smiled at me.

 

And I just can't help but to feel happy, so I hugged her again.

 

Letting her feel company and warmth..

 

I just wish I had someone who at least hugged me when I was also in a tight and painful situation like this..

 

I wish I also felt warmth when I was in my coldest..

 

 

"It'll all be okay. I promise.."

 

***

 

We decided to go back to class and attend the rest of our subjects,

 

but sadly,

 

there's a huge MONSTER that blocked our way.

 

"So, if it isn't Miss Sandara-ssi.. Oh, wait. You told us to call you Dara." she said as she blocked our only entrance to the classroom. Her hands crossed on her chest as she leaned on the opening of the door.

 

"So, how was skipping classes, Dara? And you even have the guts to go back to class? Oh! You even brought your little friend with you.. How sweet!" she scoffed as she made her grand entrance to our classroom and all I can do is just ignore her majesty's mightiness.

 

Be cool, Dara.

 

You can't let monsters get to your nerves.

 

Keep Calm and Relax.

 

"You're in the way." a manly voice said as he stood in front of me, waiting for me to get out of the way.

 

"O-oh.. I'm sorry." I apologized as I moved to the side to free the entrance.

 

"Dara, Kwon Jiyong just looked at you. I heard, he's quiet famous here." Hye Sun remarked as she made her way, leaving me outside, confused as to what she just said.

 

So what does she mean by that?

 

 

•••

 

Annyeong! I'm depressed. T^T Hajiman.. I still have to live. I have to LIVE! GAAAAH!

My face is burnt. LITERALLY.  I don't know what happened! My faaaace! T^T

Well, there there. Past is always part of the present so please bear with me, okay? :)

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODLE!~