The Snow Warrior

EXO Legends: The Reincarnation of MAMA

Hey, Sujin. Why did you kiss the Unicorn Warrior the first time? It wasn't very necessary. "I know." Sujin whispered to herself. She was scouring the halls looking for signs of the other guardians. "He was just too cute to resist."

For the rest of the day she walked around the huge Academy until she felt tired. She couldn't get any readings from anyone and it was already 9pm. She decided to call it a day and headed to her new room. "I thought all the Exo guardians had their powers. Why am I not getting a sign?" When she reached her room, the door opened and a boy smiled at her before whistling away happily. She felt a pang in her head and decided that she should take painkillers after taking a shower. She opened the door and saw a bright, smiling girl in front of her. The girl was short, chubby and had the same hair cut as all the girls at the Academy.

"Hi! I'm Chi-An!" Chi-An beamed up at Sujin. "Wait. You're her!" Chi-An recognized Sujin from the cafeteria this morning.

"Hi... I'm Sujin." Sujin walked over to her side of the room and looked around, admiring how homey it felt.

"I'm so sorry for how I was acting earlier. I didn't mean it." Sujin nodded quietly. "I just hope didn't get off on the wrong foot." Chi-An continued. "Where are you from?" Chi-An followed Sujin.

"Oh, around." Sujin sat on her bed.

Chi-An just nodded. There was an awkward silence.

"So..." Chi-An started.

"Do you know of the Exo legend?" Sujin interrupted.

"Of course. Everyone knows about that." Chi-An shrugged. "What about it?"

"Do you know if the Supremes have been showing up yet?"

"Supremes?"

"Specifically, the Exo guardians. You know. The reincarnations of them?"

Chi-An's face started to feel hot. "I-I... I don't know."

Sujin squinted her eyes at Chi-An. "Why are you so flustered?"

"No reason." Chi-An got up and went to the bathroom to start brushing her teeth. There was an extra pair next to Chi-An's so Suijn followed. "Why are you so interested in the guardians? Most of them don't even realize their powers for their entire lives."

"You don't say?" Sujin was warming up to Chi-An. It was nice to finally have someone to talk to other than herself. They finished brushing their teeth and Sujin followed Chi-An onto their shared couch.

"But how can that be? Doesn't everyone show their powers at some point? And then they're shipped off into the war?"

"Some people are really good at keeping secrets." Chi-An shrugged. She went to the fridge to get juice for the two of them. They sipped their juice in silence.

"So..." Sujin yearned for a conversation. "Who was that boy that left when I came in?"

"Oh." Chi-An blushed. "That was my boyfriend. His name is Xiumin."

"Cute." Sujin gave a real grin for the first time in a while. "Chi-An?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?" Sujin rubbed her arm, nervous that she was starting the conversation. "Why are people so emotionless here? I was walking the hallways today and everyone was so. Blank. But you're so nice and kind."

Chi-An knodded, trying to formulate her answer. "It's just the way things are around here. Every single person comes to this Academy hoping their powers won't show so they don't get sent away. Because after the Academy, it's all battle ground. Once you get used to this place, you'll realize that behind closed doors, we're all just a bunch of kids scared for our lives. But I heard that we have it easy here. P Academy, the parallel of us M Academy, have it rough. They're completely void of emotion." Sujin just knodded. "This War has been going on for generations. At this point..." Chi-An let out a deep sigh. "I don't even know what we're fighting for anymore."

Sujin was about pat Chi-An on the back to comfort her when her head panged and she whined in pain.

There was a knock at the door.

"Are you okay?" Chi-An brought Sujin onto Sujin's bed, ignoring the previous knock. "What's wrong?"

"I just have a headache." Sujin curled up in a ball. A guardian. Hurry up and find out which one. "How can I when my head hurts?" A tear fell down her cheek.

"Did you say something?" Chi-An handed Sujin a glass of water before she headed towards the door. "Oppa?"

Xiumin opened his arms wide and gave Chi-An a huge hug. "I forgot my keys on your table." He walked in and quickly grabbed his keys. Sujin moaned in pain and only then did Xiumin notice her. "Oh? Roommate?"

"Oppa, this is Sujin. My new roommate. She's super nice but she has a headache right now so go away!" She playfully kicked him and he kissed her on the forehead.

"Have a good night, okay, Chi-An?" He gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"You, too." She giggled and closed the door. She sighed happily. "Isn't he the sweetest?" Sujin sat up, feeling better. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Sujin stood up and walked over to get water.

"That's good." Chi-An sighed in relief. "I'm going to shower now. So if you need anything, just scream okay?" Chi-An nudged Sujin, making Sujin laugh at her silliness.

Did you just laugh? "No." Sujin whispered as Chi-An closed their bathroom door. You totally just laughed. She laid down on her comfortable bed and fell asleep quickly.

-----

8am wake up. "Noooooo." Sujin rolled around on her bed, wanting to stay asleep. She covered when she thought she was waking Chi-An up. When she turned, there was no one in the bed next to her. She got up and searched the room for her roommate. Hungry, she sat on the table and noticed a pancake and a note. "Sujin-ah~ I left before you so I prepared you pancakes because you're probably going to miss the breakfast bell. I hope you feel better <3 Chi-An" Sujin smiled at the note. She happily ate the pancake. After getting dressed, she walked around aimlessly in the hallways again. "Should I go to a class today? No, that would make me suspicious." She turned the corner and almost ran into a long line of girls. Curious, she tapped the shoulder of another girl. "Excuse me, what is this line for?"

The girl looked irritated. "We're getting a haircut, duh. You should probably get one, too. You look so ugly." The other girls standing in line agreed, noisely.

Taken aback, Sujin looked at her long, perfect hair sadly.

"Well I think she looks very beautiful." Chi-An walked up behind Sujin and linked arms to tug her away. "Don't listen to them. They're just jealous because their hair style is so last month." Chi-An turned around to smirk at the girls gasping at her comment. "Don't talk to them, they're the Rat Pack. They're the richest in the school."

Sujin frowned at her hair. "Do I have to get a haircut?"

Chi-An frowned. "Eventually. It's against regulations to have long hair. I'm surprised you even got through in the first place. So. What are you planning on doing today?"

"I was just going to walk around."

"You don't have a schedule?"

Sujin shook her head.

"Very strange..." Chi-An glimpsed at Sujin. "Before you entered the school, you should've gotten a schedule of classes until your powers begin to show."

She's on to you. "I-"

"Then it's settled!" Chi-An cheered.

"Settled?" Sujin was nervous.

"You're going to follow me to all of my classes!" Chi-An tugged on Sujin's arm to her first class, Psychology.

 

A/N: Dun dun duuuuun. How will Sujin handle being in a class that relates to her own power? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3 Kii-chan