The Dragon Warrior

EXO Legends: The Reincarnation of MAMA

"When the skies and the grounds were one of legends, through their divine twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which covered the heart of the tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry. To attempt to keep alive the tree of life the legends hereby divided the tree in half and hid each side, hence times is overturned and space turns obscure. The divinve twelve forces divided into two and created two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends traveled apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but must stand on different grounds. They shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two words that seem alike, the legends will meet each other. The day the red forces purify and the twelve forces will reunite into one perfect root... A new world shall open up."

"Oh, shut up, Lee." A girl rolled her eyes at her little brother and closed the book he was reciting. The lunch room was full of prestegious students but no one cared to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Lee pouted. "Chi-An, you're a jerk. I'm just telling you the story I read in the library."

Chi-An waved off his sad tone. "It's just the Exo Legend. Everyone learns it once they enter the upper campus of M Academy. You have two more years before you turn thirteen and can join your big sister in independent studies."

Lee continued to pout. "But you're already 17. Your Elites are going to show soon. Then you're going to join mommy and dad in the chambers. And I'll be all alone again."

Chi-An her brother's hair; a caring gesture you're only allowed to do during lunch time. "Even if I do have my Elites, I promise to lie so I can stay by your side." Something you can only say during lunch time. She stared blankly into his eyes, "Stop being sad."

Lee nodded, no longer feeling sad.

Chi-An sighed in relief that no one noticed her emerging Mood Elite. She's been hiding the Elite for three months and she was sure that she'd get caught soon.

"I wonder if I'm an Exo warrior."

Chi-An smirked. "Why would you ever want to be an Exo warrior? They don't do anything."

"I want to live on the Exo planet. Free of these uniforms." Lee tugged on his leather jacket.

Chi-An shushed Lee and told him to think before he speaks. "Before you come up to the upper campus, you need to learn how to appreciate everything we have here. Daddy and mommy are fighting hard and because of that, we live here, the only place in the lower Earth that isn't destroyed because of the Elite wars. Lee! Are you even listening to me?" Chi-An waved her hand infront of Lee's face.

"Woah." Lee stared at the lunch room doors behind Chi-An.

Chi-An turned around and was taken aback by the figure standing at the doors.

"Woah." Lee smiled. "Is she from the Exo planet? Because she's perfect."

Chi-An took note of the beautiful girl her 11-year-old brother was fantisizing about. Long legs, flowing hair, shapely figure, and brown eyes. Much different from M Academy's average short stubby legged, blunt haired, pudgy, black eyed girls. "She's not from the lower Earth."

"What do you mean she's not from lower Earth?" Lee asked, still staring at the beautiful girl who remained at the doors, searching for a place to sit in the lunch room where all eyes were on her. "She can't be from upper Earth. She would have been destroyed if she crossed the boundries between upper and lower Earth. Plus, upper Earth girls are supposed to look exactly like lower Earth girls. Ugly and unattractive." He stuck out his tongue, teasing his sister.

Chi-An glared at Lee. "Stick your tongue out one more time and I'll ship it off to headmaster MAMA." She shifted her glared to the beautiful girl who was walking towards them.

"Hello. I'm Sujin Ahn." The beautiful girl spoke in a soft but strident voice that mocked with mysterious beauty. "I was wondering where the observatory was.

Chi-An stared blankly into Sujin's eyes. "You will feel like crying."

Sujin tilted her head and her brown eyes glinted dark blue. "Why would I feel like crying? You make no sense." She brushed her hair off her shoulder and walked out of the lunch room.

Back in the lunch room, Chi-An was baffled. "That girl..."

"I've never seen a girl look so perfect in these drab leather uniforms." Lee puffed his cheeks. "You're a jerk of a sister. You talked with that girl and didn't even introduce me to her."

"Oh, shut up. MAMA doesn't allowed dating, especially not between a noona and dongsaeng." She stared blankly into Lee's eyes. "You will feel like crying."

Lee's face contorted into a frown while his eyes teared up.

Chi-An gasped. "It works on you but not the girl..."

Lee wiped away a falling tear. "What works?"

"My Mood Elite." She quickly looked around to make sure no one heard her.

"Y-y-you have a-a." Lee began to cry without the help of her Elite. "No! They're going to take you away from me!"

"Shut up, you cry baby. I'm not going anywhere." Chi-An lied to both Lee and herself.

- - - - -

"She was too mean...'" Sujin drooped her brown eyes and strutted down the hallway, turning heads as her long flowing hair enchanted those she passed by. "'You will feel like crying.' Why did she say that?"

That girl was an Elite, Sujin thought. "Really? An Elite? I thought Elites were supposed to go to the chambers to enter the war." Who cares, you're on a mission and you can't get distracted by petty things. She reminded herself. You must find the Exo warriors. Do you have the stones? Sujin dug into her pocket a pulled out a small box with twelve stones in particular shapes lying on a soft cushion. The dragon shaped stone on the top right part of the box was glowing. Flight is near. The library. Down the hallway, first door on the left.

Sujin hurried down the long hallway filled with pictures of the past Earth, MAMA and PA Supremes portraits and specks of diamond that suspiciously stared at those who walked past. Sujin placed her hand on the decorative doorknob that approved of her and opened the door it was connected to.

The library door opened up to a lonely boy reading a book. As she stepped into the library, the boy sighed and whispered, "No one cares about me."

His name is Wu Fan, Exo's Dragon warrior supreme. Sujin took note.

"Hi." She sat across of the boy and bared a smile. "You're Wu Fan, right?"

"I prefer Kris." He said without looking up from his book.

"Ok, Kris," she giggled. "I'm new here and I was wondering if you could show me around."

Kris let out an irritated sigh and placed his book onto the table. "Why don't you get someone else to-" He lost his breath when he finally saw Sujin smiling across of him.

She smiled wider. "Hi, I'm Sujin." She stuck out her hand.

He shook it cautiously, worried that her fragile image might break. "I'm Kris."

"So, about that tour."

- - - - -

"This is the East wing." Kris opened the door for Sujin like a gentlemen. "This is the girls' dorm as well as the independent studies classes like math, science, and engineering."

"What's in the West wing?" She cutely linked their arms.

He blushed but pushed her away. They were in the dorm area with Brain Elite security on constant patrol and intimate touching was a big no no. "That's the boys' dorm and independent studies like art, music, and designing."

She nodded.

A Brain Elite secruity eyed Sujin as they passed by. Sujin shook her head at him and he nodded in response.

Kris saw the Brain Elite secruity nod. "Who was he nodding at? Me? Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh, um. He was nodding at me." Sujin stuttered.

"Why would he nod at you?"

"I, um, showed him my name tag because that's what I thought you were supposed to do when Brain Elites passed by and he just nodded." Sujin cleared .

Kris chuckled, making sure no one heard him. "When you pass by a Brain Elite security, you're supposed to block off your thoughts and act like you don't see them."

"Why?" Sujin asked even though she knew the answer.

"They're called Brain Elites for a reason." Kris joked. "They can tap into your thoughts and if they think you're a threat in anyway, they can control your entire brain. They can move your legs and manipulate your spoken words."

"Scary," Sujin scurried closer to Kris. He blushed but stepped away from her, another Brain Elite was walking down the hall. "I heard there's an observatory in the East wing."

"Follow me." Kris kept a blank face on they Brain Elite passed and entered the observatory on the building connected to the East wing. "This is the observatory where scientists study the sky and desperately search for the Exo planet." In the middle of the observatory was a huge telescope blocked off with sound proof glass.

A smile crept up on Sujin's face as she observed the observatory. She traced her finger tips on the glass searching. It's here. "Do you believe in the Exo Legend?"

Kris leaned against the glass and watched Sujin admire the telescope. "As a little boy, I've always wanted to be an Exo warrior. To protect the world and soar the skies. Sometimes, I have dreams of being a warrior."

"You don't say?" She smirked. Tap the glass. She tapped the glass rhythmically and a door slowly materialized on the glass. "What book were you reading in the library?"

"The Exo Legend." He held back a laugh at the irony.

"Were you re-reading it?" She watched eagerly as the door was one third materialized.

"Fifteen times," he gloated.

"Did you get to the part about The Cave?"

"You mean The Cave that connects the broken up Exo worlds together? The book says that The Cave is located at the perfect angle from the Sun at center of both worlds. The book explained its location perfectly yet no one has found it." He looked at Sujin through the glass. Her dark blue eyes glowed as the door fully materialized in front of her.

"I think I found it."

"No way." He jogged up to her and gasped at the tall door looming infront of them. "How did you? I don't even know what to say. This is amazing." He looked at her. "You're amazing."

"Are you ready to go in?" She asked, staring at the door. Give him the stone.

"Go in? The books says that only the Exo warriors can enter the cave. And only when they have their Exo stone. I'm not an Exo warrior and I have no stone."

She took out his dragon stone from the small box in her pocket. "Exo planet's Dragon warrior, your stone has been waiting for you anxiously."

Kris started at the stone that glowed desperately on Sujin's palm. "How did you get this stone? Who are you?"

"I'm Sujin." She smiled innocently. "Once you take this stone, you will unite with its power and you will begin your training as an Exo warrior."

"I'm not an Exo wa-"

"Upon entering The Cave you will not be aware of everything but your mind will be wandering the place. You must listen to whatever I tell you; or else you will lose everything you have."

"What are you talking abo-"

"Come to The Cave whenever I call for you - don't hesitate, don't make excuses. It is essential that you do as I say."

Kris frowned but listened.

Sujin nodded, satisfied that he no longer interrupted her. "Within The Cave you will be taught the way of the warriors and united with soul of the Dragon warrior."

"I'm a Supreme?" He asked, uncertain.

"Most definitely." She traced a shape on the door. "After exiting, you will have no memory of me or The Cave."

"No," he argued. "I don't want to forget you. I think I love you."

"Love is stupid." She played with the stone in her hand. "The Dragon warrior. This is your duty to the Earth and the Exo planet." She looked at him.

He gasped when her look penetrated as if it passed right through him. "Your eyes are dark blue... You're-"

She shoved the stone into his chest and he screamed in joyous pain. One down, eleven more to good. Keep it up, Sujin. The door popped open and she hurried into The Cave. "Follow me", she demanded. The pain stopped and he unclutched his bloody chest. The stone absorbed into his skin and his mind went blank. He followed her into The Cave, just like she told him to do.

 

 

A/N: Helloooo! Thank you for stumbling onto this fanfiction :) I'm trying a different genre this time with intricate diction as opposed to my typical sappy simpleton love stories. I won't be posting A/N's that often to keep the story's dark atmosphere undisturbed. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate all of you who are reading ^^ You mean a lot to me. Please support, subscribe and comment often! I love reading comments~ :D Hope you enjoy the story :DDD ~ Kii-chan <3