Tree.

Seven Little Kisses

It always takes just one moment for you to see everything--everything that was to happen in a lifetime. Whether that moment be a picture, a song, a sound, a kiss, you'll see something.

I just saw mine.

In that second my lips touched Donghae's, I saw my entire life--whenever it may be. I saw the relationship, the break up, the make up, and the end. The end was the end of the title "me and Donghae."

I really liked him.

And yet maybe "like" isn't enough to last a lifetime. Lifetime is what I'm looking for, isn't it?

"Just because." Was all I could come up with. That wasn't it. I was looking for that spark that Sungmin didn't have. This time it was close.

Not close enough. Not nearly close enough.


I could only watch and listen subliminally as Donghae and I continued to walk down the lane that seemed to be covered with trees. The sun seemed to gleam through the edges of the branches, leaving patterns of broken light all over our feet. The air became still, subtle.

"So where is this surprise you told me about?" I smiled.

Donghae laughed, his silk brown hair catching the light as his head moved in certain ways. "You'll see it in a bit."

After a couple of more steps, Donghae pointed to the largest tree out of the bunch beside us.

"A tree?" I chuckled.

"Trees are special, too." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, really?" I tilted my head to the side. "How so?"

Donghae moved closer to the tree. He looked at it for a bit then reached upward. "They're very useful for hiding things." He pulled down an acoustic guitar.

"Ha, wow!" I laughed. "What if someone had stolen that?"

"Well, then this whole thing would have been spoiled, and I would have lost my favorite guitar." He smirked as he sat down at the edge of the tree.

I took the place in front of him and watched as he began to strum this acoustic guitar of his. Donghae's fingers moved rhythmically across the strings.

"Wandering the streets, in a world underneath it all," Donghae began to sing. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Nothing seems to be, nothing tastes as sweet as what I can't have," he whispered then stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You don't like me as much as I like you."

"How would you know?"

He shrugged, "Musician's intuition."

I laughed, "Never heard that one before.. Is it as accurate as Woman's intuition?"

"You tell me." Donghae's eyes pierced mine.

Confession time.

I sighed, "You're right."

Donghae shook his head. "You always want what you can't have, but I've got to try. I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have. For you I will."

Amazing. Even hurt, he can still sing with such passion.

"For you I will, for you I will, for you.." Donghae looked up at me once more. He smiled in the slightest. "Don't worry about me."

I tucked my hair behind my ears as the wind started to pick up. "You have a beautiful voice."

"You think so?" He slid his hand across the fingerboard. "Let's hear yours."

I shook my head rapidly, "I don't think so."

"Oh, really?"

"Really."

"Come on, you just broke my heart. You owe me."

"Okay, you're not playing fair!" I pushed his shoulder with a smile.

"Bwoh?" He laughed. "It's true." Donghae started to strum again. "Just jump in when you feel like you can.. Forgive me if I st-stutter from all of the clutter in my head 'cause I could fall asleep in those eyes like a water bed."

I took a deep breath, "Do I seem familiar? I've crossed you in hallways a thousand times, no more camouflage. I want to be exposed, and not be afraid to fall."

"There you go." Donghae beamed.

"I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have and cannon ball into the water." We both sang. "If I could dim the lights in the mall and create a mood, I would. Shout out your name so it echoes in every room, yeah."


For you, I will.