Idiot.

Seven Little Kisses

Kim Kibum hadn't changed one bit since the last time I'd seen him. He still had that goofy smirk on his face, complimenting the empty thick, white framed glasses that hung from the edge of his nose. His hair was slightly messy, yet styled all the same. He looked very handsome in his black tuxedo.

I instantly felt the temperature of the room spike. Oddly, I became really aware of what I looked like.

I tucked my hair behind one of my ears. "I-I... How are you?" I stuttered.

Oppa chuckled at my nervousness. "I've been alright. And you?"

"Good." I nodded. "I was thinking--"

"Do you wanna dance?" Kibum cut me off.

I looked at Oppa for a good minute before replying. "Well, I, um, I'm kind of waiting for someone."

"Ahh, lucky guy number seven?"

I bobbed my head, "Yup."

"I bet he's a jerk." He smiled.

"You know who it is?"

Oppa laughed, "You really don't know?"

I shook my head, "Clearly no!"

He raised his hand. "Guilty."

I scrunched my face. "WHOA WHOA WHOA." I turned to Taeyeon. "Kibum Oppa is my seventh date?!"

Taeyeon hushed me. "We all chose him! Don't think too into it!"

"How can I not think too into it?! You chose my best friend!" I shrieked.

"Shut up and dance with him!" Taeyeon pushed me with full force into Kibum. He caught me before I hit the ground.

"Let's dance." He grinned then pulled me off to the dance floor.


Kibum and I swayed to Falling Slowly as it played overhead.

Take this sinking boat and point it home, we've still got time. Raise your hopeful voice, you have the choice. You've made it now.

"You look beautiful." Oppa whispered. His hand stayed at the crook of my back never sliding any lower.

I felt my cheeks fill with a dark shade of red. "K-Komawo." I avoided his gaze.

I felt Kibum's free hand move up my neck and to my cheek. "Are you ashamed that they chose me?" He spoke so softly.

"I don't know." I looked up at him. "I just wasn't ready to find out it was you, I guess."

Kibum dropped his arms to his side. We stopped swaying.

"Oppa," I started. "Why are you the last guy that they chose? Why didn't they just choose you first and get it over with?"

"Oh, come on, Yuri." He scoffed. "Don't lie, you would never date me. All the guys they chose, you could have easily run away with them, but like T said--they all have flaws."aeyeon

I just stared. "I don't understand. What are you talking about?"

"Sungmin--you two have nothing in common except for your siblings. Donghae--You two are looking for the real thing, but you don't see it in each other. Leeteuk--he was in love already." Kibum almost yelled from being so frustrated.

"And what's your flaw?" I raised my voice. "Don't lecture me about relationships!"

"I'm not lecturing you! I almost turned them down when they told me about this!"

"What's your flaw then?" I lowered my voice.

Kibum sighed. "I'm the best friend. Why would you fall for me?"

I felt tears welling up behind my eyes. "You're an idiot." I pushed past him and ran to the backyard.