Pact.

Seven Little Kisses
How does it feel to be the one girl out of seven that doesn't have a guy drooling over her shoulder every five seconds? To be the middle child and to be surrounded by love-drunk couples that haven't gotten to their hangover yet? How does it feel? Comfortable? Normal?

I get asked those questions every time I meet someone new.

Yes, it's true. My name is Yuri. And out of my six siblings, seven including me, I'm the only one that hasn't sought out my love. I'm crazy right?

My sisters and I share an estate that our parents left us after they retired in Hawaii. And being the middle child, I had no authority. But I did take most of the responsibilities without being the mom of the family.

So, first?

The eldest and the mother of the group is Taeyeon. She always sits at the head of our dinner table. Twenty-six years old can only give you so much leeway of information and experience until you can call your boyfriend a "Beautiful creature" to his face without him saying anything. Yes, she has a boyfriend. We're all waiting for him to pop the question. His name is Kangin.

Sixth and sitting to the left of Taeyeon is Jessica. Her boyfriend? His name is Heechul. He's around constantly.

Fifth? That's Tiffany. Rarely do you ever see her without Hankyung. Rarely do you see them at all. They're the couple that always goes out to parties and such. I'm the one that always has the Advil whenever she comes home at four in the morning with an entire body full of alcohol.

Third is Sunny. Her and her boyfriend Henry? Let's just say it was kind of a surprise when we caught her smooching her best friend without realizing that he'd recently become the boyfriend.

Second is Yoona. Her boyfriend Siwon is best friend with Tiffany's boyfriend. So the two couples go out on double dates constantly.

And the youngest is Seohyun. She has her own love Kyuhyun. They have matching rings, and he even lives here now.

Me? I'm the middle child. Child number four.

I'm the homebody who cleans up the mess whenever someone gets drunk. Or I'm the one who gets the groceries if no one's home.

I don't have a problem with it. No, I'm not the one with the problem.

I'm completely fine with being the only chair at the dinner table that doesn't have a partner right beside it to laugh with. I'm fine with having to plug my ears and drown out any noises if anyone.. gets busy.

I'm fine with all of it.

No, the one who has the problem isn't me. It's them.

"Yuri, you promised!!" Taeyeon yelled at me, still with Kangin's arms around her waist.

"I did not!"

"Yes, you did." Yoona pitched in.

"When?" I shrugged.

"You told all of us exactly 'Guys, don't worry I promise that I'll get a boyfriend by New Year's.'" Taeyeon sighed.

"Is that an exact quote?" I shrank in my seat.

"Yes, now you told us that like three New Year's eves ago. When are you going to pull up your end of the bargain?"

"Well, do I really have to?"

"Yes!"

"But why?!"

"You're throwing us off!" Jessica suddenly said. "We made a pact, Yuri."

"Jessica, we made that pact when it was just you, me, Taeyeon, and Tiffany."

"Exactly. Even Seohyun got a boyfriend before you!"

"That was inevitable." I rolled my eyes.

"Kangin, can you and the guys go out for a second?" Taeyeon bat her eyelashes at her boyfriend with a flirtatious smile. After kissing him once more, the house was filled with only X chromosomes. Thank the lord. "Yuri, we've been thinking--"

"Oh, no." I ran up the stairs.

"Oh, no you don't!" Jessica ran after me and pulled me back downstairs by my arm.

"Relax, we just have a little deal for you."

"Your deals are never exactly my thing."

"Just listen, alright? We want you to find someone. And you promised my New Year's so we're holding you up to that."

"No, no, no. I am not going out with a guy who's a friend of a friend of the sister who's boyfriend's sister is friends with my sister or any of that !" I said in a huff.

Sunny's eyes grew wide, "What the hell did she just say?"

"Beat's me." Yoona shrugged.

"Will you just listen to me?!" Taeyeon got frustrated. "We've all been thinking this through and we have a plan."

"Your plan being..?"

"There are exactly seven weeks until our annual New Year's party. So we're giving you till then you find someone. And whoever you kiss under the mistletoe that we always hang under the chandelier, we will respect as your boyfriend."

"How am I gonna find a guy though?"

"We've taken care of that, too." Taeyeon smiled. She reached for a small box and pulled out some Polaroids. "We've all selected one guy each for you to go out with. One guy per week."

"But there are six of you."

"We all decided on the last one." She rolled her eyes. "Now, the guys have already been informed of the time they get to spend with you--"

"But what what if one of them backs out?" I looked for loopholes.

"They won't because all of these guys have had a crush on you at least once in their life." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Ugh."

"Okay, now, each guy has a flaw." She laid out all the Polaroids on the table. "We'll tell you what it is just before the date so you won't have time to prepare. So tomorrow we'll give you the first guy and we can start." Taeyeon smiled.

"This is stupid."

"Yes, it is but it will work." Jessica smiled.

"Are we done here?" I sighed.

"Just about." Yoona beamed.

"Good." I ran passed them and out of the house in my skinny jeans, gray sweatshirt, and red Vans classic lace-ups. After passing at least ten houses, I stopped in front of the only one I needed to be at.

It was Kangin's house none the less but it was also the house of my best friend, Kibum, Kangin's roommate and close friend. I knocked on the burgundy door in the dark.

"Yuri-ah?" Kibum smiled as he opened the door.

"Can I spend the night here?" I asked hopefully. "My house has been infested with hormones and the exterminators aren't here yet." I joked.

Kibum chuckled, "Sure. I'll get out some movies. You okay with staying in my room?"

I stepped inside to the familiar smell. "Yea, that sounds good."

"So what triggered the hormone overgrowth?" He laughed as he walked over to the DVD case and pulled out Sweeney Todd.

"Some pact that my sisters made. You can expect me to be here very often."

"More often than usual?" He snickered. "You practically live here."

"That's because I love you, Oppa." I smiled with a slight laugh.

"Yea, yea, yea, it's because of the plasma in my room, isn't it?"

"Darn, you caught me." I pouted.

"Alright, well, come on." He grabbed my hand and we made our way to his room.

Five minutes into the movie I fell asleep with Kibum my hair like he usually did whenever we had late night movie marathons.

This is the usual schedule of my life. Trust me, you get used to it.