Congratulations Ms. Homecoming Queen

Try Smiling

 

 

“Congratulations Ms. Homecoming Queen” Bom smiled poking the crown on my head.

It was the Monday after homecoming and it was customary for the homecoming Queen and King to wear their crowns to school. When I saw Ji Yong today with his crown it was tilted to the side and a lot more colorful than I remembered it being when it was handed to him yesterday. I just wore on my head like I would any type of head band.

“Thank you Bommie” I smile at her as we walk into the auditorium with our arms around each other.

Our school was having an End of the Year Talent show. I was thinking about performing, the first real time anyone outside of 2NE1 or BIGBANG minus Daesung would actually see me perform, but I decided at the last minute to keep up the mystery of my performance capabilities. So instead I am producing a song for 2NE1 and BIGBANG to perform. It’s called lollipop and it’s going to be very colorful.


We went back stage where all of the performers were getting ready. I smiled at them as they gathered around me. “Are you sure you don’t want to preform Jordan noona?” Taeyang asked adjusting his hat on his head. I just nodded and said “I’ll be fine and cheering you all on from the side lines.” I tell them as the announcer announces their performance.

They all smile and are pumped for their performance. Everyone moved to their spots “Lolli lolli oh lollipop lolli lolli oh lolli lollipop” Cl sang sweetly. As GD marched center stage “Nah that’s how we do it”

I beamed at them as they came back off the stage. “I’m so proud of you guys. You all did great” I cried hugging whoever was close. Everyone came into a huge sweaty group hug to which I wiggled out because they were suffocating me.

“We wouldn’t be this amazing if it were for you Jordan Unni” Minzy beamed.

“Hey hyung it’s your turn to perform” Seungri whispered tugging on Daesung’s sleeve.

“You’re performing?” I asked him surprised. I knew he was a good singer because I let him sing with the others for Lollipop, but this was slightly surprising. He nodded and smiled “I hope you like the song Jordan” He whispered as he walked past me.

The others went back stage to change but Seungri was playing the piano for Daesung and there were a few others singing back up and playing other instruments. There was a round of applause before it went silent. The song began as Seungri started to play the piano.

"This song is called Try Smiling" he said 

“onurdo uso bonda (I try smiling again today)

gureya niga usurthenika (this way, you’ll smile)

gu sarami jakuman nor ullinika (because that guy keeps making you cry)

otohgedun nor uge mandurgo shipho (whatever it takes i want to make you smile)

honja sarang hanunge nege (to me, loving you alone)

gyodirsu obsur mankhum himduro (is so painful I can barely put up with it)

hajiman no unungon (Because you crying)
jogiboda do shirhunika (is worse than me dying)
norur wiheso onurdo nanun ununda (I smile again for you today)”

There was a loud cheer as he paused. The audience didn’t want him to stop singing his beautiful song and neither did I. He smiled that same smile that I’ve been unconsciously falling in love with…

“saranghe nor sarang hanika (I love you since I love you)

noman issumyon hengbog hanika (since I’m happy as long as you’re here)

gasumun aphado to usobonda (even though my heart aches)

hajiman no unungon (I try smiling again)

usumur junun saram chorom (like someone who makes people smile)

surphun obnun saram chorom (like someone who has no pain)

onurdo ni dwieso (ni dwieso) (Today I try and cry silently)

sori obshi to uro bonda (Behind your back again)”

The crowd was chanting his name between his pauses in the song. It was such a beautiful song that I swore I saw a few people in the audience and maybe a few teachers close to tears. Everyone’s had that one person they cry for.

He knows he’d be better for that girl than whoever she is with now. But she needs to open her eyes and see what an amazing person he is. I pushed my hair back behind my ear and could feel the wetness of a few tear on my cheek.

They weren’t tears of sadness like I’ve been crying but more like tear of jealousy. Daesung loved some lucky girl and she didn’t see that. I am slowly realizing that I love him but I kept him distant because my stupid brain was paranoid. This is why people should always listen to their heart.


As Daesung took a bow there was a standing ovation for him. He smiled at them and waved as he walked back towards me.

“That was amazing” I breathed hugging him tightly. I felt a slight rush through my veins as his fingers brushed against my , I’m wearing a halter top.

“Thanks I’m really happy you like it.” He smiled pulling back but not letting go of my waist. He could tell he was about to say something else when I heard my name being called from the stage.

Daesung and I looked at each other as he let me go and I went out carefully stepping on the stage. I was surpised as to what I saw.

 

Well hello again my readers and new subcribers. I hoped you liked this chapter, sorry it took so long to put up. I am glad that some people are interested in my story and I hope more people will come to look at it. Please comment so i know you guys are still alive.

Thank you <3~~ purpleamethyst