Today Was a Fairy Tale

The Notes Of Love

The song is by Taylor Swift. You can see the Lyrics here.

 

Sunny sighed. She was officially stuck in this stupidly tall tower, for who knows when. Maybe forever. And there really was nothing she could do but wait for her prince to save her. That was going to be hard since, first of all, she wasn’t actually a princess, so no one cared she was here, and second, she didn’t know any princes beside that obnoxious 7 year old she had to babysit every weekend.

Confused? Sunny was a little too. But, here, I’ll explain it. You see, Sunny wasn’t royalty. She was only a handmaiden of the princess, and served her loyally, until the day when a wicked witch wasn’t invited to a baptism, yada yada yada, and before you knew it, the princess was cursed, Sunny volunteered to be cursed instead of the princess, and now look where she was. Stuck in a tower. Yay…

Sunny didn’t really volunteer. The princess convinced her to do it, saying that eventually they would get her out and she would be rewarded greatly. Yeah, look where that got her.

“Thanks a lot, Yoona,” Sunny thought angrily.

Sunny really didn’t want to do this. But if you looked at it, it wasn’t THAT bad. She now had extremely long hair, lots of pretty dresses, and as much food as she could eat. On the other hand, she was stuck in a tower. That kind of speaks for itself. She was helpless, a true damsel in distress.

Sunny flopped on her bed. Her hair billowed around her, then slowly floated down to cover her with soft strands of… wait. Hair. Sunny knew what to do, and if this worked, then she would no longer be trapped in this tower. She took off her clothes, and searched in the closet for her dress with the wide skirt. That way, if her plan didn’t work the way she wanted it, she would have a soft landing.

She put on her dress, and slowly braided her hair, and once she was finished, secured one end to her bed frame. After testing her weight a few times, she cautiously lowered herself out the narrow opening that hag had called a window. She rappelled downward, careful not to go to fast or to lose her grip on her hair.

”One by one, yes, that’s it Sunny, good job,” she said out loud. She had just about got to the bottom when she felt a terrible pull on her scalp. Her hair wasn’t long enough. So close, and yet so far. But this wasn’t the end.

She forced herself to let go of her hair, and whimpered as the pulling on her head became almost unbearable. As she took out a hidden knife, she sliced and hacked away at her long and luxurious hair, and eventually, only a few handfuls of hair remained. She closed her eyes, and prepared to cut through. She pushed, and felt herself falling, head over heels and the dress she wore to protect her did nothing. She was further from the ground than she expected, and when she landed, she landed with a crash. Luckily, she landed in a tree, so her fall was broken. Unlucky for her, however, the tree was full of various animals, and the forest the tower was in erupted in absolute pandemonium.

Sunny eventually got herself out of the tree, brave Soonkyu she is, and flopped onto the beautifully emerald grass. She hadn’t felt so free in forever. Laughing, she tangled her fingers in the spiky green around her, and looked up and the perfect sky. It was definitely a day to remember.

“You look pretty,” a male voice said, startling Sunny.

She whirled up, and spun around to try to see whose voice it was, and to see if she could spot the face that accompanied it. Whoever spoke those words was a very good liar, since Sunny wasn’t in the best shape at the moment. Her hair was an absolute mess, once beautiful, but now cut unevenly, with twigs and clumps of dirt scattered throughout. And don’t get me started on her dress. It was ripped and mangled to a point where one might think a wild animal attacked her. But her face was… well, as gorgeous as ever.  Her innocent eyes, searching wildly for the voice, her perfect nose, her fantastic lips that begged for a kiss when she puckered them ever so slightly, and her white skin, pale and unblemished as the day she was born.

Finally spotting the intruder, Sunny stood up, and stood on her toes, trying to see more of his half- shadowed face. He chuckled, and stepped out, allowing Sunny to get a full view of his entire body. With him, he brought a horse, pure white in everyplace but the center of his forehead, where there was a black star.

The man smiled, and repeated his words from before. “Aren’t you going to answer me?” he asked. “Maybe you don’t know who I am, since you’ve been trapped in that tower for… how long?”

“9 years,” Sunny whispered. Who was this guy, and why was she feeling so strange after she had such a short conversation with him? Time wasn’t acting right. She could hear the bird fly close to her ear, and feel the flutter of wind in her hair, but why couldn’t she see anything but him?

“He seems important,” Sunny thought. “Maybe he’s that new pri- no… could it be?”

The last message from Yoona (by pigeon, you know) , which was about 6 and a half years ago, said that there was a new kingdom that established itself close to hers, and their prince had attempted several truces with her kingdom to secure the people’s safety. Sunny, once reading the letter, thought how kind of the prince it was to try and protect the people, even if his pride was on the line.

“Yup, if it was 9 years ago that you got captured into this tower, then for sure you don’t know who I am. I’m Prince Yesung, from the nearby Turtle-landia. We only came into power about 6 or so years ago. And may I ask, fair, maiden, what you were doing in that tower?” The not-so-tall prince continued.

“I was trapped by…” Sunny replied, then hesitated. There were two people who trapped her. The witch, and herself. She could have just let Yoona go to the tower, everyone knew that the king would do everything so that his daughter could be saved. But a mere servant? Of course the king wouldn’t have even given a second glance, and it was no use kidding herself over it. The only person at fault here was herself.

“I trapped myself,” said Sunny, finished with her internal monologue. “I trapped myself because… I was waiting for you.”

Yesung’s eyes opened wide in shock, then crinkled in sweet surprise as he smiled. “Well, I guess you and I were waiting for each other. I think I’ve been waiting for you to drop out of that tree for a very long time.

 

 

 

Okay, I didn't proofread, so please forgive any mistakes. And sorry for the little YeSun, I was a little distracted as I wrote this. Please subscribe, upvote, comment, and... yeah. Thanks. By the way, if you don't request a song, it will take longer (as I've just discovered) and most likely, you'll get a Taylor Swift song becasue they're so... wordy, you know?