Genie*

The Notes Of Love

The video with English subs here.

 

Kyuhyun's P. O. V

I was inside a bar, slowly sipping from a cup I held in my hand. I didn't even know what I was drinking, I was numb to everything but her. Seohyun, my one true love. But she's gone now, isn't she. I remember the ripples in the alcohol, caused by my tears. Even the mere memory in my mind can trigger such a reaction. It's been 2 years, since she's been gone. Since she died.

It was a beautiful night, and as I staggered out of the bar, I remembered. I remembered how it was, that night, the night of her death. How she screamed my name, and how I couldn't do anything to save her, my precious angel. Her blood on my hands, and how I couldn't chase after that truck driver for fear that she would be gone by the time I got back. I held her hand until she was gone. She had a ghost of a smile, as if maybe, just maybe, she could have been happy when she passed. I hope so.

Stumbling on the sidewalk, I came across a park bench, and flung myself upon it. I closed my eyes, and allowed myself a brief moment of respite.

"Hey... oppa? Are you there? Wake up please, I have something for you." I heard a voice, and as I opened my eyes, I saw her. The perfect incarnation of an angel on earth. Seohyun was kneeling before me, widening her innocent eyes. Shocked, I sat up, wondering what the heck was going on. She was gone. I'm sure of it.

"Oppa, come on, get in. You can't stay out here the whole night. You're drunk." Oh. That was it, wasn't it. I was drunk, and seeing things, and I would never see her again, and she really was gone, and-

I stopped when her lips met mine. She was so pure while we dated, that the farthest we ever wentwas a mere hug. But here I was, with her lips on mine. It felt exactly how I imagined it, soft, sweet and innocent. As our lips pulled apart, I mumbled,"Seohyun-ah, I love you." Her body stiffened in mine, and she hesitated.

"Yeah, oppa, I love you too. Here, get up, we need to get you in the car. Let's go." she whispered into my ear. She helped me up,and I got into her car, chattering on and on about how great it was that she was back. She stayed quiet while we were driving, which wasn't like her. She usually volunteered her opinion, but I didn't think much of it. It was so great she wasn't dead.

She dropped me off at my house, and I pulled her in another kiss. It was just as good, if not better, than the first one. I said bye, in my child-like innocence, that she would be there tomorrow. She wasn't.

 

 

Her P. O. V

After I said bye, I let the tears fall down. On my drive I saw him falling asleep in a park, so I tried to take him home. Accidentally kissing him was my one big regret. Maybe he wouldn't have thought I was Seohyun if I didn't do that. Maybe I would have been content assuming he knew he was talking to me. But he thought i was Seohyun, and treated me like Seohyun.

I am Sunny, Seohyun's best friend, and I have loved Kyuhyun for 10 years. But... as long as he's happy. Because then I will be happy. But the truth is? He is happy without me, so I must be happy without him. I am Sunny, and I am Kyuhyun's genie.

 

 

 

 

Well, that isn't too much like how I wanted it, or isn't like the song, but whatever. I based this one-shot on several key lines in the song, so it won't bee a lot like the lyrics.