Miasma

Tainted

A familiar voice called out to me over and over again, luring me into the alley. My fogged up vision only allowed me to make out shades of grey. Patches and patches of grey. As I got closer and closer, I could vaguely tell that they were figures in the dark. My body was trembling in fear and a part of me wanted to leave but yet there was something that kept pulling me in and I was moving involuntarily towards it.

All of a sudden, there were gunshots. The sound of the gunshots echoed in the alley and reverberated through my body and then there were just splats of blood. There were splats of blood everywhere. I heard someone screaming for me. It was that familiar voice again! The figures… the figures! They were drifting further and further away from me. I quickened my pace. Somehow I knew I had to reach them, somehow I knew I cannot let them leave me. I was running. I was chasing. Then without warning, something grabbed me by the neck and pushed me against the cold hard wall. The figures… the figures were disappearing. I wanted to shout. I wanted to plead. But no voice came out. And then there was suffocation…

I woke up, coughing violently and gasping for air. My arms and legs hurt against the coarse ropes. My throat felt dry. The stale air that smells of old, abandoned wooden furniture only exacerbated my discomfort. Suddenly, I felt my chin being lifted and water being poured down my throat. It was relieving and I craved for more but that was the end of it. I tried opening my eyes and it took a while before my vision finally cleared up. That was when I realized I was in an entirely foreign place. It was stuffy. There were no windows and barely any light except a few candles on a table a few metres away. A flight of wooden stairs stood a distance away on my left. It became clear to me. I was in someone’s basement.

~~~~~

Loading my gun with fresh, unstained pistols, I busied myself with the preparation. We needed to leave and we needed to leave soon. It would not take long for them to realize that she is with me – especially him, of course. Then again, my heart could not help but raced in excitement at the thought of the look on his face when he realized that I have her-

Noises.

I was certain I heard noises in the basement. A smile teased the corners of my lips. She must be waking up. Picking up the white cloth on the table, I wiped and admired the jet black pistol in my hand. This is going to be fun.

~~~~~

My heart stopped for a moment as my vision shifted to the flight of stairs. There is something there. No, someone. He must have been standing there all along. Could he have been watching my every move? I shuddered at that thought. Squinting my eyes, I tried to make out his features as he makes his way towards me in the dim flickering light. Picking up the candle-stand from the table, he continued to walk towards me. And then, there he was. We were face-to-face. For a long time, my body simply froze in fear.

He is Kim Jaejoong. And those three words are plain bad news.

 

---

UPDATED! (:
Please subscribe if you like the story so far!
I would also appreciate it loads if you could be so awesome as to drop me a comment letting me know what you think of the chapter/story etc. Thanks! <333