Quicksand

Tainted

“Kim Jaejoong,” Yuri muttered under her breath. Just hearing his name was enough to send shivers down her spine. Those three words marked the start of her nightmare ever since the first day of high school.  The two are of the same age but no, they are not from the same school. Their schools are, however, are of close proximity.

Jaejoong is infamous for his atrocities. Being the youngest member of one of the largest gangs lurking the streets and alleys of South Korea, stories of his notorious audacity circulated around the neighbourhood. No one really knows for sure if the stories are true but his attitude tends to deprive himself of any benefit of the doubt from others. To be honest, he has pretty much been everyone’s nightmare – including the school authorities’ – but somehow, Yuri seemed to get it worst. Paradoxically, it was both a good and bad thing that she had Siwon with her all this while. Choi Siwon, Yuri’s boyfriend, protected and saved her time after time yet it was also after Jaejoong found out about their intimate relationship that his bullying of Yuri got worse. Kim Jaejoong is probably the last person Yuri would ever want to see at this moment.

~~~~~

He was looking at me intently. He was waiting for a response. Suddenly, my vision fogged up again. The dream… the dream was not just a dream. It must have been a re-enactment of my deepest fear. It was real...? Swallowing the lump in my throat, I braved myself to look into the eyes of that cold-blooded soul.

“Did you kill them?” I asked softly. I was praying, I was hoping that he would deny. Maybe that would mean they are still alive. It was silly but I needed him to give me hope – something I never thought I would ask from him.

Yet he was silent. He just continued staring at me in amusement. It was killing me.

“I said did you kill them?” I screamed in his face as the tears flowed down my cheeks endlessly like a broken dam. It must be him. It must be him! A voice in me was screaming and yelling as I struggled hard against the coarse ropes till my wrists started bleeding.

“Now now,” He started softly as he grabbed my wrists. Even though I was still trying to struggle out of his grip, he was too strong and I was powerless against him, physically and emotionally. As much as I hate him, I wanted to know what he had to say. I had so many questions in my mind. It was clear that he had the upper-hand and he knew it. He was enjoying every single moment of my torment.

“Is this another one of your games again? What did I ever do to you? Why didn't you just kill me? Did you save me from the gunshots just to torture me more?” By now, I was screaming and choking on my tears. I knew he hated me. I knew it all along but still, I never expected him to do something this drastic. Why my family? What did we ever do to him?

“What if I told you I didn’t kill them?” He uttered softly and I felt my heart skipped a beat. He inched forward letting his lips brushed lightly past my cheek. I could feel his warm breathing down my neck, creating an involuntary tingling sensation in my skin. “Your boyfriend did it,” He whispered, before letting out a short laugh. “Choi Siwon did it.” 

 

---

Please subscribe if you like it so far! (: Let me know what you think by dropping me a comment. I read every single comment and appreciate your support TTM! <333.