Eleven

Tainted

11 – That was the number of times Kim Jaejoong had ran his fingers through his hair as the two sat across from each other, separated by a small table holding two cans of beer that he had taken way too long to lay out. A nervous Kim Jaejoong was a curious sight. One which Yuri may have taken greater joy in teasing about if she was not this preoccupied with her own unsettled emotions. It does appear that they were both stalling the confrontation for as long as they could.

"Do you recognize the name, Na Sang Hoon?" Kim Jaejoong finally said.

Surprised by the unexpected question, Yuri gave him a puzzled look before shaking her head lightly. There was but a vague familiarity to the name and she certainly could not fathom how that name has to do with anything that has happened.

"He is the owner of N Enterprise-"

"My dad's company?" Yuri muttered at the sound of the company which her dad had been ecstatic about finding employment at some years back. The family had certainly shared the joy of the new prospects that came with Yuri's dad new job as N Enterprise has been known to be a global and established firm which has businesses with counterparts all over the world.

Jaejoong nodded before adding, "To put it simply, Na Sang Hoon is not the person he appears to be. He has been using his company to launder the money he got from illegal trades including drug and human trafficking in Asia. I believe your dad found out about it… and he may be holding on to evidence that Na Sang Hoon wants to get rid of."

"So... he- he killed my family?" As her fingernails clawed into her palms, Yuri struggled to hold back the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

"I- I am not sure what happened during the shooting," He replied matter-of-factly, avoiding giving her false hopes that they may be alive. He was fully aware though that there were three gunshots after all.

"I believe they did not find the evidence on them though." For that was the only explanation he could think of for why they were hunting Yuri down. "I think you have what they want."

He paused and could not help but worry about how she was taking all this information. 

"You know, I understand this is a lot to digest. We can continue anot-"

"Go on.. please." Yuri interrupted with a trembling voice before looking straight into his eyes and adding meekly, "Why is Siwon part of this?"

The scene before Jaejoong was all too familiar, such that it pained him and rendered him helpless. Watching the girl put up a strong front and being at a loss of how to help her frustrated him. Running his hands through his hair once more, he emptied the beer before him, attempting to calm the flustered mess that he was. If she is already on the verge of breaking down, how is she going to deal with what he was going to tell her next?