Escape

Tainted

The crisp sound of waves crashing against the reefs and the breeze that lightly caressed one's cheeks stood in stark contrast to the suffocating tension amidst the three.

"Let her go," He said with a pistol in his hand.

It took just a moment of reflex for the other guy to whip out a loaded pistol in defense. "Why should I?" He questioned before tightening his grip on the girl next to him. "Or perhaps you want to tell her what it is that you really want from her, Choi Siwon?" He challenged as a smile teased the corner of his lips before turning the barrel towards Yuri.

~~~~~

The crazy whirlpool of events she had been thrown into for the past weeks had ranked highly on the list of worst things that could have ever happened to her, perhaps till this very moment. Feeling the cold barrel set against her temple was something on a whole new level. Was it not for the fact that Jaejoong was gripping tightly to her, her knees would have probably given in.

"Don't you dare-" Siwon spoke through gritted teeth.

"Let's make a deal!" Jaejoong interrupted. "In fact I will give you a choice." He added mockingly.

~~~~~

Yuri's POV

Jaejoong locked me in his arms as he held out in his hand possibly the last thing I would ever expect - my backpack. Why that? Perhaps subconsciously, I had believed that I could possibly get used to his eccentric mannerism. Yet his actions still left me at a loss of how to react.

Why would Siwon choose that over me? The thought might have stemmed from a mix of confusion with a hint of arrogance. Is this some kind of joke?

"If you put your gun down now, I will give this to you. And I would leave. With her." Jaejoong said as he gestured to the backpack. "If you don't, I would give her to you and leave with this. You know this might be your last chance to get either of them back."

"What?" Siwon's voice shook and for a moment - I must have seen it all wrong - I thought I saw his look wavered.

"At the count of 3. 3, 2, 1-" Jaejoong started counting down as he pulled me on to the speedboat.

Numbness was all I felt at that moment when I saw Siwon lowered his gun.

I thought I caught a look of apology the split second before he reached out to grab the backpack in midair. There was the sound of the speed boat engine. The numbness offered a strange sense of relief as he simply faded in sight.

 

---

Comments would be greatly appreicated. Thank you! (: