My Parents

Heart Ache

I come home at 9 Pm to be greeted by outraged screams. Who yells? My father of course,

"Where have you been young lady? Did you even bother looking at your clock? Or perhaps you should've checked yoyr calendar to see that it's Christmas! A holiday you should be spending with your family!" He says and slaps me in the face.

"You ungrateful child!"

"Hun be easy on her." My mother says.

"It's okay umma." I say. I look up and she gasps.

"My daighter, your eyes are all puffy and your eyes are red!" She comes to hug me but shivers and says, "And you're freezing cold! Where have you been? Come here near the fire." She beckons me to our fireplace.

"Wait, umma. Appa, Umma, I have some things to tell you first. Please sit down." They do as I'm told. My mother shows a face of concern while my father just sits with his arms crossed over his chest.

"For the past three years, I have been acting on television. And because of my career, I must move to London in a week. The whole school program was a lie. I really do regret the decisions I have made. But I hope you can both continue to support me and have faith in me. This is something I truly wish to follow." I finish my story and look into my parents eyes. My mother feels betrayed. My father simply gets up and slaps me again. I'm so weak I fall to the floor.

"You are no longer a daughter of mine. Leave this instant. Don't bother to come back." He says and simply heads for his room. My mother simply looks at me on the ground and shakes her head. She doesn't even botehr to help me or see if I'm ok.

I expected something like this, only not as worse. I simply head outside and am greeted by Jamie.

"How did your parents take the news?" She asks.

"Can we please look for an apartment? I kinda need a place to stay now." I say. It souldn't be a problem because all of the money I made, I save in my bank account. I could afford a mansion if I wanted to.

In the car ride I began to cry, but no tears came. I guess my eyes just said they couldn't cry today anymore. They couldn't wash away my sadness