Chapter 5: Benefits

Motivation
The awesome thing about liking someone your gender is that you have more opportunities to see that person. For example, it's not as weird to spontaneously ask him/her to hang out as if you were the opposite gender. Or, for instance, the locker room ... I don't think I need explain that further.
 
The awesome thing about liking your best friend is that you know her better. You know what she likes, what she doesn't like, and what she really doesn't care about. You know almost every characteristic about her, every hobby, every favorite, every ... just about everything.
 
The bad thing about ME, in particular, liking my best friend is that is already likes someone else. And that person happens to be a guy, by the name ofLeeteuk.
 
Well, I can't really say I'm 100% sure, but if I ever saw love at first sight, then I'd say I saw it with Taeyeon and Leeteuk. While he was busy flirting or whatever with Jessica, I saw Taeyeon stare at him for a while, then suddenly look at me and turn her head down, face red. I laughed at how embarrassed she was, but inside, I was also burning at how cute she was. I learned to control my face. Well, most of the time.
 
Like now, for instance.
 
"Tiffany, there are only two bedrooms," Taeyeon said, pulling my shirt sleeve lightly.
 
"Oh," was my only reply. Then, I figured out what that meant.
 
"So who's going to sleep together?"
 
Before I could reply, Jessica piped up, "I'll sleep on the couch. If--"
 
Taeyeon covered . "No! It's not good to sleep in a cramped up space like that," my heart broke a little from the worry in Taeyeon's voice. "If you want to sleep alone, I can just sleep with Fany," she told her. I looked away, as if looking around the dorm. But really, it was an attempt to hide my burning face. "The beds are big enough, so it won't be a problem," she stated.
 
"Yeah, that'd work," Jessica said. I was relieved that Jessica agreed, but something seemed off with her voice. I was too happy about being able to sleep withTaeyeon to consider it much, though.
 
"Thanks, Sica!" Taeyeon said happily. My heart jumped; Taeyeon was happy about sleeping with me, too? I felt my heart swell with joy. "But, I think we can all take turns sleeping alone," she said.
 
I turned to her and pouted. "What? You don't want to sleep with me?" Even though I was joking on the outside, I secretly said the same thing on the inside.
 
Taeyeon smiled a little and waved her arms. "Ani, it's just ... well, don't you want to sleep alone everyone once in a while?"
 
I smiled and took a few steps closer to her. Taeyeon eyed my warily. She started to step back, but I trapped her with my arm. "Not if I'm sleeping with you," I whispered, lowering my head right next to her's.
 
I could feel a little heat radiating off her cheek. I grinned, but my moment of joy was interrupted when Jessica made a small noise of protest. "What, and not me?" she whined.
 
I turned to her with a grin on my lips. "What? Are you jealous of Taeyeon?"
 
Jessica pouted, sticking out her lower lip. It worked on my back in elementary school, but now, I had gotten used to it. In fact, she was the reason I was not as affected by aegyo. Of course, Taeyeon's was the cutest, so it was impossible to always resist her's.
 
"Weelll …" She walked up to me. She put her hands on my shoulders, touching her forehead with mine. "I'd forgive you if--"
 
"Sica!" Taeyeon interrupted. I turned over to look at Taeyeon; her face was red. Aww, how cute …
 
"Yes?" Jessica innocently questioned Taeyeon. Taeyeon just shook her head and looked away.
 
Don't get me wrong on this. I love Taeyeon, but Jessi and I had a kind of intimate relationship starting middle school. Of course, then, it wasn't as it is now, but it grew; and with Taeyeon in the picture, she would always … well, do what she just did: blush and look away. Personally, I think it's because she's a ByunTae, but tries to hide it by having us stop whenever she sees us showing our relationship. I like to think it's because she's by us, but I'm probably off by a long shot.
 
"Don't hide it, ByunTae!" Jessi said to Taeyeon in a laughing voice, basically reading my mind. "You know you like it!" She said, turning to me and smiling before pulling me into a tight hug.
 
Surprised, I let out a slight huff of air as the sudden force forced a little breath out of me. She was pretty strong, for someone who looked as skinny as her.
 
I felt something warm brush against my ear. "Why don't you take a look at Taeyeon?" she whispered. Luckily, footsteps covered the slight sound of Jessica's voice. Jessi and I were on the same page on Taeyeon being a ByunTae. In fact, it was her who made up the nickname 'ByunTae' when she caught her looking … well, places.
 
I peeked over Jessica's head and looked at in Taeyeon's direction. I managed to catch a glance of Taeyeon's wide eyes and red face before she noticed I was looking at her and turned her head away. Her red face made my heart skip a beat; she was adorable when she blushed!
 
"Yeah, she was looking at us," I whispered back to Jessi.
 
I heard a huff of air. "Thought so. ByunTae!" She said the last part loudly enough for Taeyeon to hear. Then, she released me and turned to face Taeyeon. "Why were you staring at us?"
 
I grinned at Taeyeon. She rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Well … it's because … I mean," she started to stutter. "Well, I can't help that you guys are so hot … 
 
My face turned beet red. I looked down, suddenly deducting that the floor was the most interesting thing in the world.
 
"Yah!" I heard Jessi yell, followed by a light hitting sound and a small grunt of pain.
 
"Isn't that a compliment?" Taeyeon asked, sounding distant. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before looking up. Taeyeon was covering her head with her arms, cowering from Jessi.
 
But before Jessi could do anything, a knock was heard. "Who is it?" I asked, running to the door.
 
The person responded with another knock. I opened the door to find someone familiar-looking on the other side of the door.
 
"Hey there! Is this--" He looked over my shoulder and widened his smile. "Jessica!"
 
Surprised, I stepped out of the view between the person and Jessica. Turning my head to Jessi, I noticed her coldly glaring at the mysterious man. "What are you doing here, Leeteuk?"
 
Oh yeah, the person from the orientation this afternoon. Yeah, but really; who DID he get here? Did he stalk us?
 
I turned my head to Leeteuk; surprisingly, he wasn't affected by Jessi's glare. He was really something; I mean, Jessi had the power to scare off most guys with just a look. Usually, the guys were people who were hitting on me. I mean, they weren't bad, it's just … Jessi's a little overprotective of me. If she sees one little flaw in them, she immediately threatens them. Same goes for Taeyeon.
 
"I can explain--" Jessi crossed her arms. Leeteuk stopped as he flinched from the glare he was receiving.
 
"Yeah, sure explain. First, how did you find out where I live?"
 
"I asked around," he replied calmly.  Jessi only crossed her arms over her chest and kept her glare focused.
 
Leeteuk began to rub his hands in nervousness. I began to see visible signs of sweating under the pressure of Jessi's glare. "Well, I guess I did stalk you a LITTLE …"
 
Jessi huffed.
 
"Fine. I stalked you the whole way here and walked in after a few minutes so it wouldn't seem suspicious," he admitted, rubbing his neck. "Sorry?"
 
"Hey, if anything, you should be honored that someone thought you were hot enough--" I might have been imagining things, but I'm pretty sure I saw Jessi turn a little red, "--to stalk on the first day. Just let him off the line, alright?" Taeyeon pleaded.
 
Jessi huffed in slight annoyance and uncrossed her arms, letting go of her glare on Leeteuk. I heard him sigh in relief. "Fine. What do you want?"
 
"Just to see you. Is that a problem?" He smiled brightly. I heard a small thudding sound, followed by a faint squeal. He opened his mouth to speak again, but he noticed the squeal and looked behind me.
 
I also turned to look at the source of the sound, to witness I saw a flustered Taeyeon hold onto a wall, stumbling towards a door. "S-Sorry … " she stuttered and went into that room. What was that about?
 
"Who was that?" Leeteuk asked, peering curiously over my shoulder.
 
"Taeyeon, our roommate and best friend," I explained.
 
He nodded in understanding. "Is there a reason it looked like she just fell?"
 
I smiled at the Taeyeon's flustered face and stumble. I shrugged. "No idea,"
 
"Hmm …"
 
Jessica pushed Leeteuk out of the doorway. "Ok, that great, now go!"
 
Leeteuk turned back and grinned. "So you DO have feelings for me…"
 
Jessi resumed her glare. "What?"
 
Leetuek looked at her without flinching. Impressive. "Well, you're touching my shoulders, so--" Jessi instantly pushed him out of the doorway.
 
"Thanks for visiting, bye!" She quickly shut the door on his dumb-founded face.
 
I broke into a laugh. "What was that for?" Honestly, I didn't want him here either, but  only because Taeyeon was paying attention to him more than anyone else. Was I jealous? Yeah, you could say that.
 
I went into the room where Taeyeon went. I closed the door very gently behind me. "Is this the room we'll be sleeping in today?"
 
Startled, she jumped a little in bed. She was facing the window, sitting criss-cross, which caused her to fall off the bed.
 
"Oww …" Tae whined. "My …"
 
I giggled. "Are you alright?" I asked, suppressing my laughter.
 
"Yeah," she said, still rubbing her bottom. Then, she looked at me. "Don't laugh!" She whined. I, however, was frozen in awe of her beautiful features. It wasn't the first time I looked at her face this close, but it captured me every time.
 
I smiled. "Sorry," I told her, pulling her into a hug. I kissed the top of her head. "Better?"
 
Tae giggled. "Yep!" She flashed me her million-watt smile.
 
I turned away to hide my blush. No matter how many times she smiled, her smile always amazed me.
 
"Well, I'm going to shower now. No peeking!" I told her.
 
"No promises!" Taeyeon  yelled to me. My face turned even redder. "Why are you showering right now? Isn't it a bit early to be sleeping?"
 
"Well, I'll have to eventually in an hour or so. Might as well now," I told her.
 
"Yeah, I guess," Taeyeon replied.
 
I grabbed my pajamas and headed to the shower. After undressing, I stepping into the steaming hot shower. I sighed in comfort as the warm water hit my back. Was I really about to sleep in the same bed as Taeyeon? It felt like a dream.
 
Well, you could say that I was excited. To say the least.
 
 
 
Sorry I didn't update earlier ... I had begun this on Wednesday, but at around 10:30 ... and that's the time I was supposed to go to bed. So I continued it yesterday, but didn't finish it yet again because my mom's friends invited her to this restaurant, which took about 3 hours of my day away. I could've updated, except I was watching Naruto ... -_-
 
But yeah. Anyways, if you still haven't heard of the massive TaeNy project, it's basically all the best TaeNy authors (including Jazzign, gg9snsd, Mashipao, KeySica, me, and more people I'm too lazy to write about right now :p) collaborating to write a TaeNy story. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the last chapter, but here's the link!
 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/189626/living-a-lie-taeny
 
As you can tell, it's not yet started, so I won't give anything away :p
 
Please be patient with it, though!
 
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!
 
EDIT: ok I'm sorry guys. Really I am. About how this chapter is so ... :/. I can't just go an change it though, so I'll just keep it and hope you don't go flying away because I'm such a bad author D: