Chapter 15: Problems

Motivation

Taeyeon and Leeteuk. Taeyeon with Leeteuk. TaeTeuk.

My heartstrings were painfully pulled at the thought. I couldn't bare to lose someone else I loved.

But the problem was, them getting together was inevitable. No one, in their right mind, would not want to be Taeyeon boy/girlfriend; especially another Korean. The only thing I could possibly do to keep them apart is seduce Leeteuk or something. But doing so would break Taeyeon's heart, the last thing I'd ever want to do, not that I'd ever want to do that, ever.

I sighed in frustration. Why was there nothing I could do?

"Jessi, is there something wrong?" I looked at Tiffany, who was looking up from her computer and at me with a worried expression on her face.

Well, maybe Tiffany could help. A true best friend wouldn't leave me if I was gay. "Hey Tiffany?"

"Hmm?"

"I need to tell you something," I told her, suddenly cautious and hesitant of my decision to tell her.

"Go on," she said, still wearing that concerned expression.

I could feel more and more blood being pumped into my brain as I started to regret my decision to tell her. But I already told her I needed to tell her about something. There was no turning back now; Tiffany would just pester me to death about what I was about to say until she squeezed it out of me. I could feel my starving brain eating up the oxygen as I felt my palm start to sweat, outwardly expressing my nervous-ness. "U-Uh, please don't tell anyone else this, b-but…" I trailed off, unwilling to continue. I took another nervous look at Tiffany, who nodded at me to continue. "Promise you won't judge me?"

"Jessi, I'm your best friend. Of course I won't," she smiled. "Well, maybe a little," she said, grinning humorously.

I grinned sheepishly. Tiffany, sensing the awkward tension, backed off and turned serious again. "Sorry."

I sighed again, my brain telling me to do it, but my heart vehemently refusing. "I-" I was interrupted by my own heart beat, which was beginning to pump obnoxiously loud. I sighed again, trying to calm myself down. I took a deep breath, and "I'mnotstraightandIlikeTaeyeonand--"

"Whoa whoa whoa Jessi, calm down," Tiffany said, taking my hand and rubbing my arm soothingly. "There's no rush. Tell me, one word at a time," she reassured me in an equally soothing voice.

I sighed yet again. I lowered my head so I couldn't look at Tiffany's reaction and begun speaking. "Ok … I … I'm not straight and I like Taeyeon and--no, I love Taeyeon, and I'm having trouble dealing with the highly probable fact that TaeTeuk will actually become a couple and I don't think I can bare to deal with losing someone else and once they get together, I probably will just quit school for the sake of not having to see Taeyeon and live my life as a waiter or something," I said in one breath, tears b my eyes.

As I expected, TIffany remained silent. I didn't lift my head, imagining her shocked and horrified face as she found out that her best friend was desperately in love with her other--

"Jessi, why didn't you tell me sooner?" Tiffany's voice, sounding like being on the edge of tears as well, softly asked me.

I looked up and met her glassy eyes. Feeling guilty, I immediately averted my gaze. "I, I… I was scared that you would judge me, or not be my friend anymore, or you could tell Taeyeon, who would in turn shun me, or… or…" this time, my own tears interrupted me.

I felt a warm pair of arms embrace me. "It's ok Jessi. I understand you; I used to like you, back in elementary school," she confessed.

Her confession took me a while to process; not only because I expected her to be straight, but also because she of all people, she fell in love with me, in elementary school. And there was also the reason that she was always the one who engaged in the hugging and hand-holding, the one who arranged our play-dates and everything. I just looked at it as Tiffany being extremely friendly, and us being very close.

"Are you surprised?" Tiffany's almost timid voice asked. I nodded, but making my head movements small, afraid of offending her. Instead, her reply was a simple chuckle; the casual sort that only Tiffany could do because it made you feel warm inside, and in a sense was musical, but was also so beautiful that it was uniquely her's. "I don't blame you. I had trouble convincing myself I liked you, but embraced it in 5th grade," she paused for a moment. "Remember that one day in 5th grade, in March, when you came over to my house? When I almost kissed you?"

The memory flared back to life. I felt my face turn red from embarrassment as I nodded.

Tiffany chuckled again. "That wasn't an accident. I had planned that to occur, but I hesitated, and missed my chance to reveal my love to you."

"But, you started dating guys in middle school…?"

She sighed; the same type of hesitant, reluctant sigh that I used to postpone my confession of my love for Taeyeon to Tiffany. "Y-Yeah. I--Taeyeon … I started to like Taeyeon afterwards," she said, the last part noticeably softer than the first.

My brain jump-started. I blinked to recover from the shock.

She smiled. "I started dating guys because I was confused whether I loved you or Taeyeon more," she explained in a soft voice.

Secretly, I was praying that Tiffany wouldn't be my competition, along with Leeteuk. But if she didn't love her, who would she love? Tiffany loving me would also result in a big mess.

My brain started to spin, causing me to tilt my head back and hold my head in pain, unable to take in all the information I just received.

"…and sorry Jessi, but now we're competition for Taeyeon," she whispered, voice with an edge of fear in it.

Darn it. Why does this have to be so hard? Why, every time I fall in love with someone, it's with someone I can never be with? I felt tears b my eyes once again, but I fought them back.

"I-I'm sorry Jessi…" Tiffany whispered again. "But I really love Taeyeon, and--"

The sound of footsteps shut us up, coming from outside the room. They grew louder and finally, stopped. The sound of footsteps were replaced by the jingling of keys and the turning of the doorknob.

A mess of brown hair came in, tightly clutching a textbook. "I'm back~"

I stood up and tried my best to wipe off any signs of tears from my face. "Taengoo~" I ran up to her and hugged her.

She laughed. "Hi Sica. Did you miss me that much?"

I nodded, but then remembered she couldn't see me. "Yeah; Tiffany was bullying me," I whined.

"Fany-ah, that's not very nice," Tae said in a scolding voice.

Luckily, Tiffany played along. "Yah, you were asking for it."

I turned around and stuck out my tongue. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, which lead to me immediately running behind Tae. "Help me, Taengoo~" I clung onto her shirt from behind.

The sound of the door opening, once again, interrupted us. "Tae, don't ditch me next time," an oh-so-familiar voice that seemed to be out of breath said, behind me. "Oh, hey Jess!"

I rolled my eyes before letting go of Tae and turning around. "Hi Leeteuk," I said, pretending that I didn't want to rip out his eye sockets.

This brought up two different emotions. One of increased depression that Tae was close enough to bring him home, but one of slight hope because Tae ditched him to see us a bit sooner. Or maybe she just ditched him out of friendliness.

Maybe … their relationship was progressing. And maybe it was progressing faster than I would've liked. Maybe, for every second that passes is a second less I get to spend, desperately clinging onto the idea that Taeyeon could be mine.

 

HEY-YO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN 341239478054 YEARS BUT SCHOOL. And sorry that this chapter was sorta short, but I summed up all of what I wanted to accomplish pretty quickly :/

But since its winter break, I might be able to get in another update before going back to school :DD

So, as always, hope you enjoyed!