Chapter 22: Secrets

Motivation
"Hey Tiff."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Can you promise me something?"
 
"Sure."
 
"...promise not to me tonight."
 
"I'll show you ," Tiffany playfully growled as she burst from the bathroom. I screamed and jumped off the couch and made a break for our bedroom, but ended up in Tiffany's grasp.
 
"Yah, let go!" I half shouted, half laughed as she planted my neck with kisses. "Tiff!"
 
"Grr," she playfully growled again and lightly nipped my ear. The tickling sensation caused me to laugh even more.
 
"Yah, Tiff, stop!"
 
"Not until you take back what you said," she said before starting to plant kisses on my neck again.
 
"Ok ok, I'm sorry I accused you of groping me!" I said in between laughs. Satisfied, she let go. "No wonder you--" but I stopped as Tiffany stopped walking. I immediately dashed into the bathroom, locking it before Tiffany could do much.
 
"Yah, what where you about to say?"
 
"I was about to say 'no wonder you me in your sleep; you like doing it while awake, too'," I said, sticking my tongue at her through the door.
 
"Yah! Let me in there so I can punish you!" Tiffany said, banging on the door. I had a sudden sense of deja vu.
 
"So you can what? me more?"
 
"Jessi, when you come out of there, I'm gonna have to punish you," she said, voice suddenly soft, but low and husky. I shivered and decided right then to sleep in the bathroom. It was safer. "And if you decide to sleep in the bathroom, I'll find my way in and have to punish you then," she continued in that low, husky voice. I jumped from the door in panic. What was I going to do? Just accept the fact that I was going to get '' tonight? Or ... maybe just not sleep? Or I could hide in Taeyeon's room ...
 
"And you, ByunTae, cannot participate in my punishment of Jessi," Tiffany said, voice more distant now. I turned red instantly at the notion. It was wrong, so wrong, for me to think of her like that; but for some reason, no matter how I looked at it, her 'innocent' face only made the idea more ... well, you know.
 
After a nice shower, I reached out for to open the door before remembering Tiffany's words just before. I hesitated; should I open the door? I mean, it can't be that bad, right?
 
After thinking about it a little more, I opened the door and casually walked into our bedroom. Thankfully, though, Tiffany was already asleep.
 
I sighed in relief, thankful that I didn't have to deal with her, and glanced at the clock, which read 11:18. I crawled into bed next to Tiffany and closed my eyes.
 
Just as sleep was about to overwhelm me, I felt a poke on my shoulder. I mumbled, but turned towards the poker. "What's up, Taengoo?"
 
"Um, actually could I sleep with Fany today?"
 
I felt my heart break a little. Was Tae falling for my girlfriend, now that she realized--no, that was absurd. I mean, she clearly is in love with Leeteuk. Not Tiffany. Not my Tiffany. Not her. Right? Not her.
 
"Er, ok, I guess," I said uneasily and got out of bed. As I was doing so, my motion caused Tiffany to wake up.
 
"Jessi? Where are you going?" Tiffany asked sleepily, turning to face me.
 
"Uh, Taeyeon asked to trade places with me, so..." I tried to explain. Tiffany looked at me for a while, as if trying to process what I just told her, then nodded and turned back around, relaxing her shoulders again. As I was walking away, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous of Tiffany. Why did she want to sleep with her? Why not me? Maybe she just liked sleeping with Tiff ...
 
Then it occurred to me. Tiffany didn't seem phased by the request. When I told her, she acted normally. As if ... I mean, I'm sure if Taeyeon asked to sleep with me, I would have turned at least a little red. It didn't phase her at all though. That was strange. Maybe, somehow, she already fell 'out of love' with Taeyeon. But that quickly? Within the span of not even a day?
 
I didn't think it was likely, but I couldn't find another explanation for it. As I started to fall asleep again, I wished silently that the same could happen to me as well.
 
0*0*0*0
 
I woke up with a weight on my chest. I groaned, trying to move my arms, but found them also immobilized by another pair of arms. "Hmph, who...?" I tried asking, but was too tired to finish my sentence.
 
The body on top of me stirred a little. "Sica..."
 
My heart jumped to my throat. Why was Taeyeon on top of me? Didn't she go to our room to sleep with Tiffany?
 
"Taeng--"
 
She cut me off by putting a finger on my lips. "Sleepy," she grumbled almost incoherently before resting her head on my shoulder again.
 
I felt my face illuminate. Oh god this was not good. Taeyeon was sleeping on top of me and now that I was wide awake, I had to just wait until she wants to wake up? It is a Saturday today, so I guess that's ok, but--
 
"Jessi?" I heard Tiffany call out from outside the room.
 
"Tiffany! Save me!" I cried out. But for some reason, Taeyeon strengthened her grip.
 
"No. You're my prisoner," she said playfully. I turned even more red at that.
 
Before I could come up with a responce, I heard the door open. "Tiffany~" I whined, trying to struggle against Taeyeon's grip. She held on to me, tightly.
 
"Yah Tae, what are you doing to my girlfriend?"
 
"She's so soft though..." Tae protested, burying her head inside my neck. I tried my best to calm myself down. Honest, I did. "And warm..." Tae continued, rubbing her soft hair against my neck. If she continues this, I swear that someday--
 
"Stop molesting her!" Tiffany whined, walking towards us. "Only I'm allowed to do that!"
 
I did a retake. Wh--"Just let me sleep, Fany," Tae said, her voice muffled by my neck. The vibrations of her voice tickled a bit, causing me to squirm and giggle a little.
 
"Yah Taeng, that tickles," I told her after I had calmed down. I probably shouldn't have said that as she proceed to hum, tickling my neck again. "Y-Yah! Ta-Taeng-oo!" I half giggled, half whined as I squirmed under her, trying to break free. "Why are you so sleepy anyways?"
 
"I couldn't fall asleep..." she said, stopping her humming. "I wa-" she stopped herself.
 
"You were thinking about Lee--" I was cut off by her hand.
 
"Y-You promised not to tease me about him!"
 
"We only promised to help you get together with him," I said. "But only if you confess first, which you never did."
 
Tae sighed. "Yah, at least get off my girlfriend first," Tiffany said. I heard a hint of jealousy in her voice, too. She either was really good at acting, or what I had noticed yesterday night was true. But it couldn't be, could it? No one can recover that quickly.
 
Taeyeon groaned and rolled off me. "But you guys already know," Taeyeon whined, sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat up as well.
 
"Well, rules are rules."
 
"Fine." Again, my heart started beating, almost angrily, inside my chest. I could practically hear its every thump. "I am in l-love with Leeteuk," she murmured shyly, looking at her lap.
 
I felt my heart leap out of my chest. If she could get any more adorable than that, I'm sure I would die right then and there.
 
"Ok, so first things first, you're already friend with him, right?" Tiffany said, trying to contain a smile.
 
"Yah! You're laughing at me!"
 
Tiffany burst out into laughter. "Sorry, it's just that your confession was so cute that I couldn't help myself," she explained. Taeyeon just sat there and crossed her arms. "Aw, I'm sorry TaeTae," Tiffany said, sitting down next to Taeyeon and wrapping an arm around her shoulder.
 
Deciding the bed was getting crowded, I got out of bed. "Well I'm going to take a shower now," I told them, grabbing my clothes.
 
They continued to talk as I exited the room; I'm not exactly what they were talking about, because they suddenly decided to use whispers, so I decided to hang around at the doorway a bit longer, but gave up as my ears still could pick up nothing. And I sorta didn't want to get caught.
 
I listed ideas while inside the shower, but every single one of them seemed unreasonable. Could Taeyeon have told Tiffany Leeteuk's past? Nah, Tae would never give up such secretive information like that, especially from Leeteuk himself. Could they be talking about my relationship with Tiffany? Nah, Taeyeon clearly has no problem with it, and even seems supportive of us.
 
I had many more, but they got more and more unreasonable and unlikely as the list went on. Finally, when I got out of the shower, I decided to just not worry about it, and decide that indeed, they were talking about Taeyeon and Leeteuk. When I got out of the shower, I saw Taeeyon and Tiffany waiting outside the bathroom door. "Were you guys waiting for me?"
 
Taeyeon turned around. "Oh, you're done! Ok, let's go!" she said, grabbing me by the arm and tugging me towards the door.
 
"W-Wait, where are we going?" I asked as I hurriedly put on my shoes, since Taeyeon was trying to drag me through the door.
 
"Breakfast," Tiffany told me.
 
"Oh, ok--yah Taengoo, I need to put on my shoes first," I whined.
 
"..oh," she replied, grinning sheepishly. "Sorry."
 
My heart thumped against my chest. "It's ok," I told her, looking down at my shoes.
 
On our way to the cafeteria, Leeteuk turned around the corner. I was about to greet him, but saw Yoona walking with him, laughing. I started. Did they know each other? Did this have to do something with her reaction to Leeteuk's name I noticed yesterday?
 
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taeyeon look away and quicken her pace. Oh god, how must she have translated that?
 
As Tiffany and I ran up to catch up to her, Leeteuk noticed us. "Oh, hey Taeyeon, Jessi, Tiffany!"
 
Taeyeon turned around briefly, murmured a greeting, and then continued walking away. "Hey Leeteuk. Sorry, Taeyeon's grumpy when she's hungry," I said, quickly making up an excuse.
 
"Oh I see. Ok, no problem. See you guys later!" he said before walking off again. Yoona gave us a quick greeting, which we returned, as she passed by.
 
We ran up to catch Taeyeon. "Hey, I'm sure--"
 
"I-Its ok..." she said. My heart broke; she sounded so sad. "I-I saw them together earlier this week, too, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions..."
 
"Hey, its still too early to do that," Tiffany told her soothingly, patting her back. "For all we know, they could be in a class together discussing homework," she continued.
 
"Yeah Taeng, don't be too rash, ok?" I told her. Even though I semi-disapproved of Taeyeon and Leeteuk, I disapproved more of her being sad in any way.
 
She seemed to cheer up a little after that. "Ok. Thanks guys," she said, leading us to a table. "Can you guys order for me? I'll reserve the table."
 
"Actually, could you order for all of us? I need to talk to Tae," Tiffany said.
 
I nodded, taking the meal cards Taeyeon and Tiffany gave me and headed to the breakfast line. Then, it occurred to me. They did it again. They started talking to themselves after ushering me away. I tried not to be suspicious, but let's just say that I almost used my hands to scoop up the scrambled eggs.
 
When I returned, they had seemed to just be finished talking. "Thank you, Jessi," Tiffany said as I handed her plate.
 
"Thank you Sica!" Tae recited as I handed her her's.
 
"No problem," I told them, setting my own plate down and starting to eat. But the nagging sensation came back to me; what where they talking about?
 
 
 
Late birthday present for Tiffany ^^
 
You'll see why its a present later heh heh ...
 
So many Jessica's POVs in a row, right? Sorry, but it's neccessary though ^^" welp, your welcome to all the Jessica-biased people :DD And I had to make Chapter 22 Jessica's, since it's the number she wore in the "Oh!" MV :D
 
Can you guess what Taeyeon and Tiffany were talking about?
 
Anyways, hope you enjoyed!