Chapter 4: Battle

Motivation
I slowed down to a walk, looking at the slowly shrinking figure of Taeyeon.
 
I had chased her for a brief while, but really, I didn't like running. It wasn't just because I was slow, but it was because of my motto for life: never run, no matter how late you are.
 
Of course, that can be taken in a philosophical way, but honestly, it's just my way of saying "I don't like running".
 
"Tired already, Sica?" Taeyeon called out from a distance.
 
"I'll get you back," I reassured her. "Just not right now," I felt something wet on my forehead. Surprised, I brought my hand up to the spot. I brought my hand in front of my eyes: was it sweat?
 
"How?" Taeyeon teased from afar. "By slapping my ? That's not really a punishment," she yelled, laughing.
 
My face burned at the thought of touching her ... there.
 
"Yah! ByunTae! Only you would come up with a punishment like that!" Taeyeon laughed her deep ahjumma laugh and beckoned with her hand.
 
"Come on! Let's go to our dorm!" She yelled, jumping excitedly. I giggled; what an adorable little dork.
 
An arm wrapped around my stomach from behind. A familiar warmth covered my stomach, soft hands trapping me on my spot. "We better follow her," a voice behind me sighed.
 
I sighed as well. "Yeah,"
 
I started walking with Tiffany still hugging me. Tiffany sometimes was lazier than I, so I had to basically carry her around when she was. Although I don't really get why she's exhausted right now, I didn't complain. I was sorta used to it. And it may sound uncomfortable, but honestly, after a while, you get used to it. We were able to synchronize our step easily. Like SNSD.
 
After a walking for a bit, Tiffany suddenly asked me, "How do you plan on punishing her?"
 
I thought about it for a bit, then shrugged. "I didn't really think about it," I gazed onwards on the figure who was growing steadily closer. Taeyeon was standing there, smiling at us. I almost froze at her smile; my breath became shorter, my heart pumped faster in the sudden need for more oxygen ...
 
"Sica, why are you so slow?" She scolded me, tapping my head lightly. I snapped out of my trance and smiled sheepishly at her. "And Fany-ah, why are you clinging on to Sica?"
 
I heard a laugh from behind me. "Aww, is someone jealous?" Tiffany teased Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon humph'ed. "Maybe ..." I burned with jealousy. Why didn't she get jealous for me? It was always Tiffany she was playing around with ... and eventually, maybe she developed feelings for her ... ? I mean, couldn't blame her, after all; I fell for her too. I shrugged the idea off. Taeyeon is straight.
 
Tiffany's giggle broke my state of mind. "Aww, don't get angry," Tiffany cooed, still hugging me. At least Tiffany was straight; in fact, she was boy-crazy. She would always watch TV for the sake of seeing all the 'cute guys'. It was pretty cute, watching her fangirl over them. Still, Taeyeon and I always made fun of her for that.
 
Taeyeon stood there in silence. Of course Taeyeon would like Tiffany; who doesn't? I mean, she's beautiful, but once you get to know her, you can't help but fall for her: she's intelligent, caring, persistant, innocent, clueless, ... there's nothing NOT to like about her. If anything, her 'flaws' make her cuter. Tiffany had everything: and what did I have, compared to her? Nothing much, really.
 
Then, Taeyeon's eyes widened. A grin appeared on her face. And, as usual, my heart skipped a beat.
 
"Sicaa~" Taeyeon called out to me. My stomach clentched with a familiar feeling; it was as if butterflies were in my stomach, trying to break free. I'm pretty sure my heart was audibly pounding, trying to keep up with my deep-red face. No, I told myself. I must control myself.
 
I took a deep breath. Once I calmed myself, I turned my head towards her. Did I take to long? I shoved the thought aside.
 
"What?"
 
Taeyeon giggled. Such a beautiful sound ...
 
"Where you spacing out again, Sica?" Taeyeon asked, laughing.
 
I turned red. "So?"
 
She shook her head, still giggling. "Can you hug me insead of mean Fany?"
 
She was asking me to hug her ... my heart pounded with excitement.
 
Just before I could leave Tiffany's embrace, her arms tightened around mine. "Jessi, don't leave me ..." Tiffany pouted. My heart stopped again. I even forgot about being angry at her for not letting me hug Taeyeon.
 
Sooner or later, I was going to have a heart attack, I swear.
 
"Sicaa~ ... please?" Taeyeon asked, showing off her puppy dog eyes. Yep, definitely going to have a heart attack.
 
Tiffany pulled me in tighter. "No," she stubbornly told Taeyeon. "She's mine," she declared triumphantly.
 
Wait. I was her's?
 
Taeyeon pouted. She was definitely going to be the death of me, someday. I don't think I can survive another one of Tiffany and Taeyeon's aegyo battles.
 
"You're so mean, Fany," Taeyeon whined.
 
I planted a kiss on TIffany's cheek. Surprised, she loosened her grip on me: just enough for me to slip by. Then, I went into Taeyeon's open arms and embraced her. Butterflies invaded my stomach again as I felt my brain become woozy; I shook off the feeling, though.
 
Taeyeon laughed triumphantly. "See? Sica likes me more."
 
"Jessi..." Tiffany whined. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at her.
 
"Taeyeon needs some love too. You can't have me all to yourself, even if I am super hot," I told her, smirking.
 
"Yeah, meanFany," Taeyeon said, sticking her tongue out at Tiffany as well. My heart started to pound at the realization of something: was she agreeing on me about my comment about how hot I am? Or that Tiffany shouldn't keep me to herself? Or both ...?
 
"Yah! Earth to Sica!" Taeyeon said, knocking my head slightly.
 
"Owh .... that hurt," I whined.
 
Taeyeon giggled. "You're aegyo is so cute, Sica," my heart pounded in joy. "you should use it more often," she said, wearing her thousand-watt smile. "Now, let's get back to our dorm. We don't need Fany," Taeyeon looked over at Tiffany, saying the last part loudly enough for Tiffany to hear. "Right, Sica?"
 
I looked back to see Tiffany stand there, confused. I sighed; even when she was confused, she was absolutely adorable. I unconsciously kissed the top of Taeyeon's head before slipping out of her embrace. I walked over to Tiffany and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "Come on, Tiff. Let's go," I told her.
 
Then, I realized what I had done. If this was Tiffany ... then the person I had kissed the top of the head was ... Taeyeon?
 
I quickly looked over at Taeyeon, who was standing there, shocked. I felt my face turn red at what I had just done.
 
"Sica," I froze. What was she going to say about that? Was she going to-- "you should show your affection towards me more. Then, we can make Fany jealous!" She said, smiling. I silently sighed in relief.
 
Tiffany wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "Jessi likes me more," Tiffany turned towards me. "Right, Jessi?"
 
I looked at Tiffany, then back at Taeyeon. Then, I slipped out of her arms and walked tot he building. "You guys shouldn't fight over me. If you like me, you just have to say so," I told them. They stopped talking. Sometimes, I feel like they plan this. Whenever I try to say something funny, it doesn't work. In fact, it causes the opposite effect: silence. "Yah! I was kidding!"
 
They burst into laughter. "We know, we're sorry," Tiffany said, patting my back. I frowned but continued walking.
 
As I neared the buliding, I felt my arms being taken over by two more pairs of arms.
 
I liked to think that Tiffany and Taeyeon fought over me because I was worth fighting for. But really, I'm pretty sure it was because this was their way of showing their affection to each other.
 
And, of course, so they could prove who has the ability to give me a heart attack the fastest.
 

 

Jessica's POV again. Sorry, I guess ... I mean, it's not a bad thing, right? Jessica is awesome!

But I guess I'm apologizing because it's nice to have a change every once in a while.

Btw, I at writing cute stuff. So I just wrote whatever I remember from stories I read before. I know, it still D:

As always, I'd appreciate it if you found any grammatical/spelling errors.

 

Alright guys! New TaeNy collaboration fic, featuring 21 TaeNy authors, including MashiPao, TofuMushroom, KeySica, and of course, yours truly.

Here's the link!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/189626#comments

 

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!