Chapter 13: The Past 1

My Sweet Girl

 

Listen to this first - Jessica (SNSD) - Someday

 

I slowly went to the stage. They all clapped their hands. I saw two familiar faces. It was him and her. It was Jonghun and Gyuri. They are together. They both looked at me. I looked at the audience and sat in front of the piano. That’s right. Look at me.

 

“Good evening everyone! The songs I’m going to sing are dedicated to the 2 people who were so important to me. I say “were” because they are already part of my past and I don’t know if they are still important to me now. I hope everyone will like it.” I flashed a smile and flashed another smile at them.

 

~~~~ FLASHBACKS ~~~~

 

Someday you’re gonna realize

Someday, you’ll see this through my eyes

But then, I won’t even be there

I’ll be happy somewhere, even if I can’t

 

“Oppa! Jonghun Oppa!” I called out his name. He was waiting for me at the school’s gate.

 

He gave me his very attractive smile that made me fall for him.

 

“Annyeongie My Cookie!” Jonghun oppa calls me My Cookie. He’s my boyfriend! I’m so lucky to have him. He’s such a gentleman. His features from head to toe were extra points why I liked him. Keke! By the way, I almost forgot.

 

“Annyeong Oppa! This is my best friend, Park Gyuri!” I introduced Gyuri who was behind me all the time.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo. Park Gyuri imnida” Gyuri bowed 90 degrees. She’s a beauty and I can really tell that. During our elementary, many boys were hitting on her.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo. Choi Jonghun imnida” Jonghun smiled and bowed 90 degrees too and shook their hands. They seemed to like each other! That’s nice!

 

“Oppa! Kaja!” I told Jonghun oppa.

 

“Ah. Neh. See you around, Gyuri-ssi” Jonghun winked at her. I’m not jealous though. I know he’ll be faithful and loyal to me. I do trust him. Hehe.

 

“Neh. See you around” Gyuri smiled and bowed again.

“Annyeong unnie!” I smiled at Gyuri.

 

I know you don’t really see my worth

You think you’re the last guy on earth

Well, I’ve got news for you

I know I’m not that strong

But it won’t take long

Won’t take long

 

“Nana unnie! Fany unnie!” I called their names. They were walking on the school’s corridor.

 

“Oh! Annyeong Sica yah!” Tiffany greeted me and Nana just waved at me.

 

“Look who’s here” Nana unnie spoke while raising her left eyebrow.

 

“Unnie! Don’t be like that! He’s my boyfriend! Jonghun oppa!” I introduced Jonghun oppa to them. Nana unnie’s aura seemed to be different today.

 

“What?” Nana unnie was shocked.

 

“Yeah.” I nodded.

 

“But-“ Nana unnie was going to say something but Tiffany unnie whispered something to her.

 

“Nothing unnie. Forget that” Fany unnie said.

 

“Hi there, Jonghun. Nice to meet you.” Fany unnie sounded sarcastic. What’s the problem with the both them?

 

Cause, someday someone’s gonna love me

The way I wanted you to need me

Someday someone’s gonna take your place

One day, I’ll forget about you

You’ll see, I won’t even miss you

Someday, someday

 

“Unnie, my mother brought you a gift because she went to England. Ring a bell? Please go here at the school’s field immediately! I have to give it to you now because I have my class!” Nana texted me. That’s weird. She could have just given it to me after class.

 

“Ok.” I texted her back and I walked fast as I could to reach the field.

Right now, I know you can't tell
I'm down and I'm not doin' well
But one day, these tears
They will all run dry
I won't have to cry sweet goodbye

 

I just watched the movie “A Walk to Remember” and it was so sweet! Especially when both of them kissed. Landon is such a sweet guy. How I wish I could be Jamie!

 

Everytime I see people kissing, I really like it because I can really see their love for each other. It’s like; they will never ever break up. Just like now, I can see a couple kissing passionately. It was a slow, passionate kiss. I felt like I was watching a movie. I can really feel the love of the two protagonists. It really makes me cry. I should be happy right now if those two people were not Jonghun and Gyuri.

 

“I love you, Gyuri.”

 

“I love you too but … what about Jessica?”

 

“About that, she’ll understand”

 

I can’t move right now. My brain’s not functioning to what I’m seeing right now. I can’t almost feel the tears that fall from my eyes. Every word they say, every expression they make to show their love, it hurts me like a knife that is slowly stabbing my back. Every move of their lips was also the reason why my heart is slowly stopping.

 

'Cause someday, someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday, someone's gonna take your place, Ooh
One day, I'll forget about you
You'll see, I won't even miss you
Someday, I know someone's gonna be there

 

It hurts like hell.

 

I want to turn my back and act like nothing happened. I want to think that all of this is just a dream.

 

But I can’t deny the fact.

 

Jonghun’s eyes met mine. I can see the shock in his eyes.

“Je-Jessie?”

 

I slowly walked to them while the tears won’t stop going out from my eyes.

 

“W-when did it start?” I asked in almost a whisper.

 

“When did this whole betrayal start?! When did this effin’ relationship start?!”

 

“J-Jessie” Gyuri ran and immediately hugged me

 

“S-sorry! S-sorry! I didn’t mean to do it! Please forgive me, Jessie! Please! P-please!” I can already feel that Gyuri is already crying while she kept on repeating the word, “Sorry”. As if it helps.

 

Someday, someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday, someone's gonna take your place
One day, I'll forget about you
You'll see, I won't even miss you
Someday, someday
Ahh yeah yeah

 

I pushed her away from me.

 

“I don’t need your sorry! I want you to take back all the words you uttered with that mouth of yours! I want you to tell me that I’m just wrong! This is not true, right? Right?!!”

 

“Jessie, I love her.” It made me shock when Jonghun kneeled in front of me.

 

“I love her, Jessie! Sorry .. I really love her. I hope you can accept that.”

 

He stood up and held Gyuri’s hand then walked away. Just like that. He left me. They left me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I am really sorry for updating late! I just took my vacation earlier than ever! It's my graduation gift! I'm too tired to check for any grammatical errors and spellings. If you see one, forgive me, I'll edit it later. =D Anyway, enjoy!