Chapter 09: Crossroads

My Sweet Girl

 

His voice was like a lullaby to me. It feels so good to listen to his voice. It’s too relaxing.

 

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray 
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours 
I pray, to be only yours 
I know now you're my only hope

Hmmmm, hmmmm, ooooh

 

After he was done singing, I started to feel sleepy and I didn’t notice that I was already in my dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Time check. 7:30AM. I was walking on the hallway of our school. Maybe you’re curious about what happened this morning, right? Well, don’t even bother to ask. I don’t want to remember it. As I was saying, I was in the hallway walking; I wouldn’t be crawling, right? =_= I was reading the book because last time, before Henry dragged me to his house, was supposedly to be our AP (Advance Placement) Calculus examination. I really like Math. All subjects that I took were all AP. So, it’s expected to be all difficult.

 

“ouch …” OH MY! MY CALCULUS BOOK!

 

“YAH! LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE TO ME!” The girl I bumped shouted.

 

“Oh I’m-“ Bad luck. I bumped into Park Gyuri. The hateful “self-proclaimed” queen in the campus.

 

park-gyuri-8.jpg

 

“You’re sorry?” She raised her eyebrow with a smirk on her face. I really hate this girl! I am not! It’s your fault! Duhh!

 

“Yes I a-“

 

“No she’s not! Why would she be?” Tiffany said. She pushed the right shoulder of Gyuri.

 

“By the way, top of the morning! Cheers, Jessica!” Tiffany tilted her floppy hat. She’s one my best friends here in school. She got this British way of talking to people.

[IMG]

 

 

“Yeah! Lefty righty right! It’s all your fault!” Nana exclaimed. She’s part of the best friends I’m talking about. She always talks with “designs” on her words. She’s Nana, short for Im Jin Ah.

 

Orange_Caramel_Nana_24102010193509.jpg

 

These are my two best friends. My two war freak friends! Don’t mess with me or else, they’ll mess with you. Hahaha!

 

“WHAT? SO, IT’S MY FAULT? SO I’M A LIAR? I’M A LIAR? Are you blind?! I was just a person passing here peacefully then this girl bumped me,” She pointed at me

 

“and threw this filthy book on my dress!” She has gone hysterical. Woah! She is over reacting! Will a book kill her life? OH MY GOD!

 

Tiffany and Nana positioned themselves, making their backs face each other. Their right hand is on their chest and their left hand is near their mouth. Mouth slightly opened. That’s their y-Grumpy pose which tells that they are shocked and it only means that they’re going to insult another MONSTER.

 

I was just behind them. Watching them on their war freak mode.

 

Tiffany and Nana looked at her from head to toe with one of their eyebrows raised. Tiffany started.

 

“So you call yourself a “person.” Don’t you even dare include yourself in the human race”

 

“MWO?!” Gyuri shouted

 

“Why don’t you just say sorry to her?” A male voice from behind reverberated. It’s Jonghun. Pshhh. Here he is. The great guy who fooled me.

 

Choi_Jonghun_09102009062953.jpg

 

“Oh! How romantic! A knight in shining armor saving her damsel in distress! Ohhh!” Tiffany smirked

 

“Koochie-koochie-koo! Pooh hoo hoo! What an absobloodylutely great combination of the nation, my sister! A fish-faced girl and a lion-skinned boy. You both should go to the Zoo-ey – Gooey Goo! Should I contact them now?” Nana got her cellphone and acted like she’s really gonna call.

 

“Why are you doing this, Jessica?” Jonghun questioned me. The heck! I did not do anything!

 

“I was-“ Sigh. It’s not like he cares for me. I know that whatever explanation, speech, debate or oration I do, he will never listen to me. So, why bother, right?

 

“No. Nothing” I sighed again.

 

“Was it because of our past, huh? If that’s the case, stop it. Haven’t you moved on yet?” Pshhh. What a tosser. I learned that from Tiffany! It means idiot! Hahaha! Back to drama first. I haven’t moved on YET but eventually, I will. It’s not easy, okay?

 

“For what I am now, thanks to you” I said.

 

“If it wasn’t for you I would never be who I am” WHERE ARE YOU NOW?! ‘CAUSE I’M THINKING OF YOU! By Honor Society *bows* HAHAHA! Part of me was saying it was a lie.

 

“Jonghun-ssi, it doesn’t mean that we have a past, I will change my attitude. Don’t judge me by my past. I don’t live there anymore.” I smiled bitterly.

 

“I didn’t have the chance to tell you this but I’m going to tell this to you now. Listen. Since you have decided to leave me, make sure that you’ll be really happy,” I paused for a while.

 

“Because when the time comes that you’ll be hurt again, I won’t be able to catch you anymore” Tears fell from my eyes but I brushed it away immediately.

 

“I’m going to get busy. Busy forgetting how you had thrown me away”

 

“Let’s go” With that, I left with my two best friends, leaving Jonghun speechless.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Late introduction of the characters and late update hahaha. Kamsahamnida! About the title, I don't know why the title's like that haha XD Excuse me for my bipolarity. Hahaha!